Mayweather v McGregor

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:50 am

Post by pickemgenius »

if mayweather doesnt ko mcgregor in 2-4 rounds then ill be very surprised.

im not a massive boxing dude but this fight is a fucking joke.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:54 am

Post by Killthestory »

floyd hasn't knocked around anyone in years that's actually a ridiculous assessment

the only way floyd wins is through points
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:57 am

Post by Killthestory »

that's a lot of paragraphs for shit i don't want to read "but kts mayweather trains hard!!" tell me the date of those pictures compared to his recent training exercises and get back to me without out of date sources: : )

"but but lots of fighters watch tapes" they didn't watch the tapes where floyd fought pacquiao as an older fighter and noticeably slower

"but but he's an all time defensive boxer champion" ok and

"But wait if they box they hit hard" mcgregor is one of your harder hitters in the mma and his legs are a huge boon to him but with those taken out it's just going to be his killer left hand. floyds power doesn't equate to conors at all that's a literal joke
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:37 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I think it largely hinges on if McGregor is allowed to fight in his underwear or not
If he has to wear trunks, that's gonna feel super awkward
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:35 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

McGregor, very unlikely, but might get in and KO Mayweather. I doubt it since Mayweather's style is basically prevent any actual boxing which counters what McGregor is trying to do.

Mayweather always wins in terms of points.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 50, pickemgenius wrote:if mayweather doesnt ko mcgregor in 2-4 rounds then ill be very surprised.

I bet the decision but a later round KO is certainly in the cards simply due to volume. Nowadays, Floyd only puts away guys that are VASTLY inferior boxers(think victor ortiz). Only other KO in the last 12 years was a past it Ricky Hatton. He didn't even put away past it De La Hoya(who is a similar size to Mystic Mac), beyond past it Shane Mosley, or scrub ass Andre Berto.

So I think unless Conor is worse than I think he's going to be, think Mayweather point fights him.
Killthestory wrote:that's a lot of paragraphs for shit i don't want to read "but kts mayweather trains hard!!" tell me the date of those pictures compared to his recent training exercises and get back to me without out of date sources: : )

"but but lots of fighters watch tapes" they didn't watch the tapes where floyd fought pacquiao as an older fighter and noticeably slower

"but but he's an all time defensive boxer champion" ok and

"But wait if they box they hit hard" mcgregor is one of your harder hitters in the mma and his legs are a huge boon to him but with those taken out it's just going to be his killer left hand. floyds power doesn't equate to conors at all that's a literal joke
Dude, all you have to do to see Mayweather working out hard as fuck is go to youtube and search it, There are like 1000 videos of him in the gym for McGregor. Meanwhile, mcgregor is shagging tennis balls with the pool noodle guy.

Straight up, I don't think McGregor is going to be anywhere near the level of boxer it's gonna take to be able to outbox floyd and KO him. I DO THINK CONOR HAS A PATH TO VICTORY, but it's straight up not as pretty and elegant as everyone(including the man himself seems like) think. He needs to be watching Andre Ward, Bernard Hopkins and that Maidana fight with Mayweather. He needs to be looking to go into the clinch and do every cheap 6 inch punch in the fucking book. He needs to be doing that straight arm walk your opponent around the ring and move sideways so he cant punch over the arm huge ass fucking cheat thing that Andre Ward used a ton against Carl Froch. He needs to bully Mayweather. He needs to put Mayweather in the fucking mud, run the gas tanks just by putting the weight on and basically fight as dirty as possible under the Boxing rule set, not give a single fuck about losing points, and just press and press and press and press until he gets an opening to unload.

My money is on Mayweather putting on a point fighting clinic and hitting with unprecedented volume(Diaz already proved conor is infinitely hittable and he;s mediocre by boxing's standards of boxing).

Also KTS, you seem to not understand how either boxing or MMA works if you think Conor's striking is being done a favor by removing takedowns and kicks. You should probably watch some fights. Just watch the footwork.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by rb »

In post 43, PJ. wrote:TIL Conor is the only fighter who trains hard and watches tape. Apparently no one who's ever boxed Floyd has ever tried watching him fight before. And the greatest defensive boxer of all time never put on footage of any of his opponents. Just shut up dude.

Oh 1 more thing, Floyd has only won 2 fights by ko in 12 years. But apparently winning by decision is against the worst boxer he's ever faced is going to be some kind of weakness?

Just sit down, shut up and strap in for some point fighting bruh
Disagree all you want, but don't tell people to shut up. We're discussing a freaking sport, nothing personal so there's no need to be rude about it.

Anyway thanks for taking my points way out of context :)

Did I say no one watches tape? No. But obviously you're the one who doesn't follow the specifics of a particular fighter or sport here.

The "non-training" you say Conor does is exactly why he does it. He approaches fighting very differently to most fighters, with a focus on adaptation and fluidity. He does all this "weird" shit because he's not focussed on technical training, but on being adaptable. You can say it's bad if you want, but it's worked so far in his career and it's definitely something about Conor that differs from most fighters.

@hiplop: Floyd's punching power and speed isn't even that great anymore and Conor's been hit by much harder punchers is my point. Even Panzer agrees that Floyd isn't knocking out Conor any time soon.
Last edited by rb on Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by zoraster »

fluidity, adaptability, etc. are all things that are valuable in MMA in a way that they aren't in boxing.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by rb »

I agree the scope is less applicable because it's punches only, but it's that combined with Conor being southpaw, something Mayweather has struggled with in the past and the fact that with the bigger gloves and Mayweather's declining power compared to some of the people Conor has fought.

I think Conor will get the openings he needs, because Floyd makes mistakes against southpaws more often, and I think he's going to get rocked harder when he makes those mistakes than he ever has before, and he's older than ever.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 55, PJ. wrote:
In post 50, pickemgenius wrote:if mayweather doesnt ko mcgregor in 2-4 rounds then ill be very surprised.

Floyd only puts away guys that are VASTLY inferior boxers(think victor ortiz).
It's a good thing hes not fighting a professional boxer then whew lads.

Yes I'm aware the dude boxed forever ago but holy shit.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by Killthestory »

panzer doesn't respond to points and literally misinterpreted everything now original zzzz

you don't have to be a professional boxer to not get ko'd by an old ass man don't be ignorant lol
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:33 pm

Post by PJ. »

tell me what I "misinterpreted" because i'm pretty sure i didn't misinterpret shit.
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by ConManMick »

I think if McGregor uses the steel chair in the fifth like we've been practicing then it'll be grand
"As everyone knows there is a special guardian angel for drunkards and lovers"
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Post by hiplop »

mayweather beat the BIG SHOW so idk why youd ever bet against him
third best scummer of all time
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Post by ConManMick »

Cos he's the heel
"As everyone knows there is a special guardian angel for drunkards and lovers"
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by PJ. »

I don't think this fight has a "face". They are both p awful.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:21 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 58, rb wrote:he's older than ever.
McGregor is also older than ever. Every day that guy just keeps getting older and older. So old. Imagine how much older he'll be by Saturday. Like...5 days!!
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:52 am

Post by Killthestory »

In post 61, PJ. wrote:tell me what I "misinterpreted" because i'm pretty sure i didn't misinterpret shit.
how about your most recent post zzz
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:06 am

Post by PJ. »

Sorry, I don't give ridiculous commentary a serious response. Saying someone is "older than ever" is just a dumb statement. Sorry, I have a hard time engaging in this conversation with any of you in good faith because I don't feel any of you, with the possible exception of Zor know what you are talking about and have just said dumb shit like Conor is the hardest hitter, hardest worker, most cerebral fighter in the world and because he's Irish he has the most heart and Mayweather is an old bum with no power. Idk man, if you want to ride Conor's dick blindly that's fine man, but don't get upset with me for telling you that you're wrong and poking fun at how ridiculous you and rb are.

Saying your worried about Mayweather being 41 is fair, but I've already addressed that point I believe. If I haven't, I'll leave it at that I'm not worried about his age until I see signs of his reaction time and visual acuity slipping. I firmly believe because of the way he fights that he still has another 8 years in him if he wanted. Has he had trouble with southpaw fighters? Sure. But it's not like he has no experience against rangy fighters, southpaws, or hard hitters. The guy is the best of his generation and the greatest defensive fighter of all time and has fought guys who have the weapons Conor brings to the table with better technique. I'd wager that Canelo hits every bit as hard as Conor. Also I think you guys are overstating the size difference. 1 inch height, 2 inches of reach is not some insurmountable difference, especially if Conor is loading up on the left hand.

Quick summary, of everything I've said in thread and how I feel about the fight in general. I think Conor will be outclassed but has a path to victory (dirty boxing and turning the match in a brawl). I think that the match being boxing is far more interesting than it being an mma contest(couture-toney killed any interest I have in another boxing to mma crossover). Mayweather will very likely outbox the likely novice McGregor because McGregor has been outboxed by lesser boxers(diaz, twice). I think the hype is a very funny thing, especially in regards to theveryone meaning the outcome has for mayweather (beating Marciano fake undefeated record) . I have my money on a decision (literally) but that was before I knew about the 8 Oz gloves, might hedge the bet. I think Mayweather will definitely show his pedigree as a point fighter but never underestimate volume.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:11 am

Post by Killthestory »

look whos worked up over stuff that wasnt even said :^)
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:43 am

Post by PJ. »

man, you're a fucking idiot.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:47 am

Post by Killthestory »

sure?

i mean i definitely would be if i said half the things u make it seem. conor definitely doesnt hit the hardest, might not train the hardest, most cerebral but alas everything important is missed

oh well i suppose
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:52 am

Post by chamber »

You really come off as being 14 in this exchange kts.
Taking a break from the site.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:53 am

Post by Killthestory »

ok
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:56 am

Post by chamber »

You gave up on being productive and actually having any sort of discourse and instead just started taking shots at panzer, even when he was responding in good faith.
Taking a break from the site.

Return to “General Discussion”