2017 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #212 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:34 am

Post by Aronis »

2017 Mock Draft

1. CLE - Myles Garret, DE, Texas A&M
2. SF - Jamal Adams, S, LSU
3. CHI - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio St.
4. JAC - Leonard Fortunette, RB, LSU
5. TEN - Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
6. NYJ - O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama
7. LAC
(?)
- Malik Hooker, S, Ohio St.
8. CAR - Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford
9. CIN - Jonathan Allen, DE, Alabama
: I was really unsure where to put Allen. I originally had him going top 5, then dropped him all the way to 17th, and now he's here. Not really sure if he'd fit in with Cincy, but I figured he had to go before #17.
10. BUF - Mike Williams, WR, Clemson
11. NO - Marlon Humphrey, CB, Alabama
12. CLE - Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina
: I feel like somebody is probably going to jump or trade up to get a QB earlier, but I'm not really messing with trades, so this seems like a pretty feasible pick, if Trubisky actually lasts this long, just don't really think he will cause people are constantly taking QBs too high.
13. ARI - Patrick Mahomes, QB, Texas Tech
: I feel like I probably Mahomes going way too high here, but people tend to take QBs too high? So maybe I'll get lucky and be right.
14. PHI - Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
15. IND - Haason Reddick, LB, Temple
16. BAL - Corey Davis, WR, Baltimore
17. WAS - Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama
18. TEN - John Ross, WR, Washington
19. TB - Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida St.
20. DEN - Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Washington
21. DET - Jarrad Davis, LB, Florida
22. MIA - Taco Charlton, DE, Michigan
23. NYG - Garett Bolles, OT, Utah
24. OAK - Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama
25. HOU - Forrest Lamp, OG, W. Kentucky
26. SEA - Kevin King, CB, Washington
27. KC - Adoree' Jackson, CB, USC
: I feel pretty sure KC is going CB, I have no idea who they'd want out of {Conley, Jackson, White} though, so I just guessed Jackson
28. DAL - Charles Harris, DE, Missouri
: I feel like there's a pretty good chance Harris goes higher, but I couldn't really find anywhere better to put him and I'm really clueless as to who Dallas will take which is kinda funny since they're who I know the most about.
29. GB - T.J. Watt, LB, Wisconsin
30. PIT - Evan Engram, TE, Mississippi
31. ATL - Budda Baker, S, Washington
32. NO - Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson
: I think there's a good chance Watson gets taken significantly higher than this, but I'm not very confident in my predicting-where-QBs-will-go skills, so I just put him here.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #1852 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:59 pm

Post by Aronis »

go new england i guess
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #1863 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 1855, PokerFace wrote:Aronis is from Texas so I guess he is a cowboys fan that wants Eagles to lose more than anything just like the rest of us want New England to lose more than anything.
This.

I actually rooted for the giants back in 07, cause new england going undefeated was worse than a giants championship, plus I know some giants fans that are pretty cool. But like a Philly championship? God no. Give Brady another ring. It's not like it'll really change anybody's opinion of Brady or anything
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #1864 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:47 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 1853, pickemgenius wrote:
In post 1852, Aronis wrote:go new england i guess
you can get out.
U get out
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #1868 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:07 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 1867, Kmd4390 wrote:Go Philly...
Sorry to break your heart, but even the best defense in the world can't stop Tom Brady and the eagles QB is trash
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #1872 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:59 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 1871, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 1859, shaft.ed wrote:
In post 1856, racefan12 wrote:I'm a Cowboys fan, but I'm rooting for the Eagles in the Super Bowl just like I rooted for the Giants twice.

Anti-Patriots sentiment trumps divisional rivalries.
as an eagles fan, I think a New England v Dallas Superbowl would just have me cheering for a meteor
I despise them both but the Cowboys have a tiny sliver of a notch of less despicableness than the patriots - a tie would be great, can there be a tie in the super bowl?
Nope, they'd have endless OT until somebody scores
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #1892 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:20 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 1886, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1878, BROseidon wrote:I hope someone goes all Tonya Harding on Tom Brady.
not a Brady/Pats fan but wishing physical harm on someone is horrible.
i agree, but lets be real: that's literally the only hope philly has of winning
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #1966 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:43 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 1923, T-Bone wrote:
In post 1920, Bella wrote:
In post 1917, T-Bone wrote:It was the correct call. You don't overturn the referee if the play is close.
There's definitive video evidence that shows you it's not a catch., It's precisely the type of play that should be over turned. Ball still moving, no control, foot steps out of bounds. It's textbook no catch.
Except that's not how the rules work. You need clear indisputable evidence to overturn the call on the field. That play was borderline, and when that happens, you defer to the call on the field.
This is a horrible philosophy. Referees need to be focused solely on making the right decision, not sticking w/ their decision unless it's incredibly clear they screwed up.
In post 1928, BROseidon wrote:It's like "oh the ball moved a centimeter in his hands CLEARLY NOT IN CONTROL," and like that's, uh, dumb.
Welcome to the 2018 NFL
In post 1943, pickemgenius wrote:Collinsworth needs to never ever be near another superbowl.

He's bad enough regular season games fucking hell.
Don't worry, Tony Romo gets to call it next year, so everything will be better.
In post 1947, drealmerz7 wrote:how can you be valuable if you lead your team to a loss?

Nick Foles caught a touchdown and was great, definitely MVP
What? You can absolutely be valuable to your team in a loss. Throwing for 500 yards makes somebody valuable to their team and defines them as one of the best players in that game regardless of the outcome. There can be great performances in defeat and poor performances in victory.
In post 1949, Bella wrote:GG Eagles. Bad call on the TD aside, which didn't in the end really impact that result, the bigger difference was special teams mistakes. The 4 dropped points would have changed the approach to the game, I think.

If I'm John Dorsey right now, I'm calling the Eagles and saying "Hey, you want the #4 overall pick in exchange for Foles?". Super Bowl winning backup-QB for a high first round pick is a good deal for both teams.
Why on earth would you give the #4 pick for Nick Foles? He had what? 2 good games? By all means give him some credit for taking over and leading philly to this, but he had an amazing supporting cast as well and there's nothing that tells me that something drastic changed over these past two games that made him worthy of that high of a pick.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #1969 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:13 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 1967, drealmerz7 wrote:the value in that quote is referring to the value in relation to being MVP - meaning MOST valuable

you are not the most valuable player in the game if you were on the losing side, it's basic logic
What??? An individual player's value is not directly determined by whether or not their team wins or loses the game. It should be determined solely by their contributions. MVP is an individual award and so by definition you don't give individual awards to the best team or exclude somebody from receiving an individual award because their team doesn't do well.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #2000 (isolation #9) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:33 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 1979, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 1969, Aronis wrote:
In post 1967, drealmerz7 wrote:the value in that quote is referring to the value in relation to being MVP - meaning MOST valuable

you are not the most valuable player in the game if you were on the losing side, it's basic logic
What??? An individual player's value is not directly determined by whether or not their team wins or loses the game. It should be determined solely by their contributions. MVP is an individual award and so by definition you don't give individual awards to the best team or exclude somebody from receiving an individual award because their team doesn't do well.
wow, you are just biased and blind, eh????

tell me then, what value does a player bring to their team by throwing for 500yards and scoring 3 touchdowns, and losing the game?

thinking there is no point in trying to have a reasonable conversation with you
I'm biased? You've said you're a lifelong fan of nick foles, that you're from Pennsylvania and therefore have been a longtime eagles fan, you've trashed tom brady's wife for trying to console her children, that the new england kicker should've been ejected from the game, and that you despise the patriots. Your bias' argument holds absolutely no weight. Anybody who prefers an unbiased take will prefer my opinion, because it is undoubtedly and objectively the least bias.

I'm blind? ad hominem.

oh thank god, some real content about the subject matter. The value of points. Points are essential to winning a football game and so every players goal should be fulfilling the tasks assigned to them by the coach in order to a. prevent the other team from scoring points or b. score points for their team. Tom Brady led the New England offense and greatly contributed to their likelihood of winning the game by quickly releasing the ball, making good and accurate throws, and directing their offense to give them a chance to win the game. The fact that the running game, the special teams, and the defense were all struggling doesn't take away from that. Tom Brady still contributed a lot to his team and posted the best stat line in the entirety of that football game. So when evaluating who should win an individual award meant to go to the player who performed best in the game, it's seems reasonable that it should go to Tom Brady who when compared to any ONE individual on the opposing team, outperformed them.

sorry if I'm a little bit too reasonable for you. I'll try to infuse my next post with more blind, unreasonable, patriots hatred.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #2001 (isolation #10) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:35 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 1988, shaft.ed wrote:Also why aren't we discussing how dirty they did Malcolm Butler?
Can you imagine him riding the pine through that debacle, and by his coaches refusal to play they are just over and over saying "Do you see how bad this defense is? It's historically bad. But we think it would be even more bad if you were on the field"

That dude's gonna have a massive chip on his shoulder. I hope winds up in the AFC East so he can revenge on the Pats at least twice a year.
yeah, it would've been nice to know what was so egregious that led to that decision.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #2002 (isolation #11) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:44 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 1989, Bella wrote:
In post 1966, Aronis wrote:
In post 1949, Bella wrote:GG Eagles. Bad call on the TD aside, which didn't in the end really impact that result, the bigger difference was special teams mistakes. The 4 dropped points would have changed the approach to the game, I think.

If I'm John Dorsey right now, I'm calling the Eagles and saying "Hey, you want the #4 overall pick in exchange for Foles?". Super Bowl winning backup-QB for a high first round pick is a good deal for both teams.
Why on earth would you give the #4 pick for Nick Foles? He had what? 2 good games? By all means give him some credit for taking over and leading philly to this, but he had an amazing supporting cast as well and there's nothing that tells me that something drastic changed over these past two games that made him worthy of that high of a pick.
Let's not pretend 2013 didn't happen, and really outside of 2015 is the Rams, which was a bad team, he's been a pretty good QB. The Eagles collapse in 2014 arguably came about because Foles was hurt.Last year he was pretty good in relief for KC, and in 2017 he got better as he got more time with the starters, culminating in a Super Bowl MVP. Foles is worth the #4 pick to the Browns. He'd instantly become the best QB they've had since returning tot he league, and his status as Super Bowl MVP sends a message that can attract free agents to Cleveland, which you need all the help you can get with. Plus, you can then use the #1 pick on a non-QB or dangle it at teams like Denver, the Jets or Arizona (whichever of that group of teams doesn't win the Kirk Cousins sweepstakes and get yourself a haul of picks and/or players to strengthen the team with.
I'm not ignoring 2013, I'm looking at his stats and that season looks like the outlier. I don't see any real reason to suggest that he'll consistently perform at that level. He did okay for Kansas City, sure, but he only started one game, so not a large sample size. I feel like the Rams Foles is what you're going to be getting here. This Eagles team he just won with is loaded with talent and a good coaching staff. The Browns are much more similar to the Rams in terms of what he'll be surrounded by. The Browns have been abysmal. He seems a lot like a Joe Flacco or Brad Johnson to me. With the right team and coaching staff he can do well enough to get them a super bowl, but no way do I see him being capable of singlehandedly carrying a team to the playoffs like that high of a draft pick would suggest.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #2008 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Post by Aronis »

In post 2004, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1946, shaft.ed wrote:the whole giving it to the winning team never made sense to me
hasn't there been like 1 SB MVP on the losing team?

@Aronis-don't argue with dreal, he's just a troll from the "if I yell louder I'm right." school of thought. or maybe he intentionally argues bad things for attention. *shrugz*

I also agree with TIAM. I think that the eagles will get offers for Foles.
Yeah, a cowboys linebacker got mvp like 40 years ago despite losing.

And sorry, I didn't initially realize that about dreal.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #2114 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:26 am

Post by Aronis »

Are Philadelphia fans unusually awful sports fans or have I just not been paying attention to past teams celebrating their wins?
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #2117 (isolation #14) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:38 am

Post by Aronis »

Like ik they're awful, I've read 3 articles about the terror so far. I'm wondering if all sports fans cause tons of havoc after a win or just the ones in Philadelphia.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #2122 (isolation #15) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:58 am

Post by Aronis »

We should just get rid of hockey then. 99% of the world doesnt care about it and the 1% that do are awful.
Also screw Philadelphia, what a bunch of classless thugs.
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #2129 (isolation #16) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:24 am

Post by Aronis »

Yeah, the police are pitiful, they need to do their job. That would at least help a little bit w/ the riots
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #2137 (isolation #17) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:03 am

Post by Aronis »

In post 2134, T-Bone wrote:This is why you all should have rooted for the Patriots. For shame.
I halfheartedly did
viewtopic.php?p=9902977#p9902977
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #2141 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Aronis »

Yeah I got a couple PMs too

Return to “General Discussion”