Sudo Explores Alcohol!

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Speaking of holidays, does gin work well with egg nog?
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:56 pm

Post by bv310 »

No. No, it does not. Rum, on the other hand...
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:10 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 322, Sudo_Nym wrote:Sudo has now discovered Gin. I dislike it straight, but it mixes really well. Probably replaces vodka as my clear liquor of choice.

Took you long enough.

In post 325, Sudo_Nym wrote:Speaking of holidays, does gin work well with egg nog?

Eggnog is strictly for the darker liquors. Try a spiced rum with it for extra spice!
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by Konowa »

Hendricks Gin is probably my choice at the moment.

The bottle is annoying as hell though when it comes to working though.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:47 am

Post by Majiffy »

I enjoy New Amsterdam.

Maybe when I'm making more money I can move on to Bombay Sapphire. Which is also pretty damn good.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:34 am

Post by bv310 »

There's a Canadian gin called Ungava that's really, really good.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:47 am

Post by Majiffy »

I'm 20 minutes from the border, might be able to find it at the liquor stores near me. I'll look into it.

||
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:11 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I've got Gilbey's. Didn't really know Gin, so I just grabbed a likely looking bottle from mid-shelf.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:31 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 318, Mr. Flay wrote:Shot is a measure, yes. It's also sometimes used informally for tiny mixed drinks like Sex on the Beach, etc.

This is about a year late, but who the hell drinks shots of sex on the beach as opposed to full glasses?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:50 am

Post by Majiffy »

Weirdos that don't understand that the point of alcohol is to get shitfaced.

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:51 am

Post by Majiffy »

Like seriously why the fuck else intoxicate yourself unless you plan to get thoroughly intoxicated? I know when I take other drugs I don't do it to get just a little bit high.

||
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Does marijuana count? I feel like it doesn't. Marijuana is legal in Washington. I thought I should try it. I have no idea what I'm doing. I bought a bunch of brownies. Is that good? I don't know. I figured chocolate would be safe. I was also super anxious about the whole thing, like maybe everybody's just pretending that it's legal as a really complicated sting operation.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:21 pm

Post by Oman »

Go slow on the edibles, brother.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

If it's anything like alcohol, being on a full(er) stomach should make ingesting it less potent? I feel like I need to do all of the research before I try anything.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:55 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Edibles are fun and actually mainly how I got introduced to marijuana :P A good thing to note is that they take anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and a half before you start feeling the effects and it could come on strong. Start with fractions of a brownie and move up from there! Understand what you enjoy first rather than diving all in or you might just get turned off by the whole thing.

I don't know what kind of dosage you'll be using or if you've had weed in the past, but definitely figure out how much THC will be in each serving. Since you got the weed at a store, you should have been given the THC percentage. I would argue for starting out, getting around 5-8mg THC per brownie would be good! It's a low-ish amount and can let you tailor your consumption. I personally hate the taste of weed brownies too, so the less weed-y taste the better IMO :P

Even if you have a bit too much on the brownie front, it'll still be alright :) Drink water and have a couple water bottles around! But if you're smart about it, everything will be alright and the experience will only last a few hours once they actually hit. I think the one thing I've learned after a while of doing this is that no one gives a shit about you ingesting weed and to relax and enjoy it all! Going in with a good mindset is always an amazing bonus and pretty necessary imo.

Anyways! I hope you have fun if you give it a try. I think edibles are a great experience! Just do the little bit of math beforehand, so you understand how much of the active ingredients you're ingesting and you're good to go, dude.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:03 am

Post by dramonic »

That poor brownie T_T
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:09 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Edibles: " Hey.. It's been 2 hours and I don't feel anyth- "

Super fun times, hope you enjoyed.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:39 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I don't know, man. I tried it; I had about 100mg and 10 brownies, so assuming even distribution? I mostly felt kinda drunk and then tired. Is that standard?
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:44 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 342, Sudo_Nym wrote:I don't know, man. I tried it; I had about 100mg and 10 brownies, so assuming even distribution? I mostly felt kinda drunk and then tired. Is that standard?

Oh, dear. It seems we have an issue. The solution is quite simple: I see some deep bong rips in your future. Try smoking.

This actually happens to a lot of people, they don't feel it at first and wonder what the hype is all about.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:49 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

If that is out of the question for you, something should change by the 2nd or 3rd edible experience. Some people just don't feel it the first time.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I mean, i intend to eat all of them eventually, so it's not like I'm giving up. But the reason I chose brownies instead of smoking is because smoking requires an investment in paraphernalia that I'm not convinced I want to make yet. I'm also unclear on how a bong actually works.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:09 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Okay bongs will probably run you around $70-100 (where I live anyways), but I find bongs to be pretty harsh!

Essentially you are drawing the smoke through water before inhaling, which filters out some crap. THC is a nonpolar substance, so it doesn't get lost to the water too much. Here is a diagram of a bong:
So the herb is placed in the end of that stem, in the kind of bowl-shaped part. The herb gets packed down, but not so much so that it's super solid. You want to be able to draw air in still by placing your mouth on the inhalation area.

As the herb is burning, you will breathe inwards with your mouth encapsulated by the mouthpiece, and since there is now only one hole uncovered in the bong, you will draw air through the bowl/stem. This will draw the smoke through, which will travel down the stem, through the water, and into the chamber of the bong. You will continue to draw the smoke up and inhale it. Chances are on your first dozen times, you'll cough or probably take too much smoke since you're not used to it. This is normal!! I used to be pretty embarassed if I started hacking after a bong hit, but it happens to basically everyone.

The benefit of a bong is that it filters some crap out in the water and you can control your intake quite a bit. The bowl part, where the herb is packed into, should be able to be taken out as you're inhaling, which will increase the amount of cleaner air mixed in with the smoke. This may cause the hit to be less harsh for you. Another benefit is that you just have to do upkeep on the bong itself and there isn't really anymore paraphernalia that you need to buy other than screens (these are just little wire meshes that go into the bowl to ensure that you don't draw the herb through the stem and into the water. They also cost like 50 cents for a pack of 10 screens.

I am not a fan of bongs personally! I will either just smoke a joint or I will user a vapourizer. I got a half decent vapourizer for about $140 CAD from my local head shop. You can easily get rolling papers for a couple bucks at any convenience store, and no the cashier doesn't give a crap that you're buying them!
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Bongs and rigs are maybe an investment. Papers and blunt wraps are a dollar at the store tho and you can get a bowl as cheap as $5-10.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:24 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

Also, how did you prepare the brownies if you don't mind my asking!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:50 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I didn't, I bought them premade from the bakery part of the pot shop.

Return to “General Discussion”