Newbie Introductions - Sup Fellow Home Slices

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Azurit
Azurit
Goon
Azurit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:44 pm

Post by Azurit »

Hello, I'm Azurit.

I have already played about 25+ online games of Werewolf (and maybe even more, I'm not sure). But there are some huge differences between those two games so let's figur out how mafia games will be. Looking forward to have some nice games :D
We only played german-speaking games and I'm not that familiar with writing english so I write very slow and maybe make some mistakes. I'm sorry about that and hope I'll get better soon.

Other than mafia I realy like playing Magic the Gathering and board games. Sometimes I also play the piano (or other instruments, but not quite often).
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:53 pm

Post by northsidegal »

Welcome to both of you!
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by ManateeDude »

Heelo, I'm manatee, I started playing mafia games from ToS, I joined their forums, played some FM there and decided to join mafiascum, so happy to be here.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2027, ManateeDude wrote:Heelo, I'm manatee, I started playing mafia games from ToS, I joined their forums, played some FM there and decided to join mafiascum, so happy to be here.
Welcome manatee!
We're so happy to have you here! :)

Looking forward to seeing you ingame!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by ManateeDude »

The smileys here are weird lel.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by vonflare »

that's because he used the wrong one.

:] is superior to :)
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by ManateeDude »

Just in comparison to the ToS forums one they look weird.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 2029, ManateeDude wrote:The smileys here are weird lel.
I mean, I thought so at first too, but you really do get used to them!
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:53 am

Post by KittyMo »

In post 2027, ManateeDude wrote:Heelo, I'm manatee, I started playing mafia games from ToS, I joined their forums, played some FM there and decided to join mafiascum, so happy to be here.
you have an A+ username
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:50 am

Post by ManateeDude »

In post 2033, KittyMo wrote:
you have an A+ username
If you like that, wait till I load my avi.
RogueNonny
RogueNonny
Ninja
RogueNonny
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:56 pm

Post by RogueNonny »

Felt like making my presence known, not new but haven't played in well over a decade. Couldn't get old account to work but I'm Nonny some of the old faces may recognize me. Looking forward to playing again!

Edit: Have access restored to original account, this one will not be used. :wink:
Last edited by RogueNonny on Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheSpectator109
TheSpectator109
Townie
TheSpectator109
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:19 pm

Post by TheSpectator109 »

Hello!

I made an account here months ago and never used it for anything other than reading some of the mafia games without intent of ever playing. Now I've decided to actually give it a go! :]

I started playing FM on the ToS forums early last year, played around 20 games. I guess I’m considered a “decent” player there but don’t expect too much, ToS standards are lower than here from what I’ve seen so far. Hopefully I can have fun here and improve my gameplay; I’m always hoping to learn and get better!

Hope I can meet some of you guys soon! :]
shizune
shizune
Townie
shizune
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:50 pm

Post by shizune »

Hello,

I joined because my home forum of many years appears to finally be on its last legs. I love playing and hosting mafia, and I'm very excited to learn new things about the game from a dedicated playerbase.

Cheers. :)
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by mb53 »

Welcome!
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:24 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

where did you cone from, shiz?
- Jingle
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:53 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Take a seat kids let me tell you a story.

So I'm new to the site and forum mafia in general although i've played different formats of mafia for.....4-5? years now.
Let me take you back to the forgotten time of 2013. Twitch is starting to get its legs under it. I browse the platform on my Xbox one night after a long day of pounding nails into roofs in the baking sun. Mindlessly I skip over the games until I find one interesting enough for a peak, "Mafia". Thinking this was the console version, which i remember fondly playing through gangland style missions with my brother, I click ready to drift off to nostalgia. Instead i'm met with 10 or so people on webcam slinging accusations back and forth, pointing fingers and blame. Weird....but kind of entertaining. I went on watching these streams for a week or so and after getting the hang of the rules and such decided I'd give it a try. So twice a week i would play mafia via cam on skype with a pretty sizable group. And that's how my Mafia crush got started.

Pope Stottle was the streamer if anyone's interested but I doubt that rings bells for anyone. We also used to mix games with Koibu who occasionally streamed mafia games among other things, like DnD with ItmeJP. And just for the sake of name dropping (because cmon, gotta love self ego strokes) Trump would play with us from time to time. To be fair I had no idea who he was at the time, Hearthstone was still closed beta I believe? Mango from Smash as well, great guys all solid mafia players.

Since I've played on and off at EM and ToS which are fun in their own right. Role flips are still kind of weird to me but its good for town I guess. What about us Maf scum though? I've skimmed through a couple hundred pages on my downtime at work and the game style here is pretty interesting, more in depth and slower paced which I think is pretty nice.
JaysADweeb
JaysADweeb
Townie
JaysADweeb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:09 am

Post by JaysADweeb »

Hey, My name is Jay.

I'm not really a very experienced player in Mafia, but I can moderate pretty well. I fell in love with Mafia through Discord and is an avid fan of Resistance. I played a couple of games here and there, most in Discord, but sometimes in real life.

I am a casual Mafia player. I'm not really that experienced, I dabble in the mafias here and there, and I would love to learn and make my strategy to be good at the game by pros. But, I feel like the 14 day for every in game day is too long, but that's just me as the games I play usually last an hour.

I am also an avid fan of shows like Survivor and Big Brother cause you get to see which strats are great, and which suck and it's constantly evolving season after season.

And with that finished, let's play Mafia.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:28 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 2041, JaysADweeb wrote:Hey, My name is Jay.

I'm not really a very experienced player in Mafia, but I can moderate pretty well. I fell in love with Mafia through Discord and is an avid fan of Resistance. I played a couple of games here and there, most in Discord, but sometimes in real life.

I am a casual Mafia player. I'm not really that experienced, I dabble in the mafias here and there, and I would love to learn and make my strategy to be good at the game by pros. But, I feel like the 14 day for every in game day is too long, but that's just me as the games I play usually last an hour.

I am also an avid fan of shows like Survivor and Big Brother cause you get to see which strats are great, and which suck and it's constantly evolving season after season.

And with that finished, let's play Mafia.
hi jay :)
just so you know resistance sometimes gets run in 'the whole sort of general mish mash"
marathon is just about to start which has v fast paced games that you might be more used to, check out the marathon forum for more info
and if you like survivor definitely look at the large social games forum where its basically a bunch of people fanboying over survivor constantly
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Umlaut »

You know, I don't think I ever posted here when I was new.

I was introduced to Mafia in my callow youth when mith brought it to my old bulletin board of choice in 2001 or so. Hadn't played in years and years, wanted to play again, and recalled that at some point mith had gone ahead and made a site exclusively for Mafia. So I showed up here in 2015 with my old username and everything. (Then I changed it because I realized everyone was sick of typing the umlauts, even me.)

I'm not sure I'm any better at the game than I was when I first got here.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:46 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Happy Scumday Umlaut!
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:55 am

Post by Umlaut »

Aw, thanks!
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
ryven
ryven
Townie
ryven
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:38 pm

Post by ryven »

Greetings!

I haven't played Mafia since I was middle school, which was like, sixteen years ago. And that was in meatspace. But you seem like you have a cool site here, so I thought I'd hang out a while!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:20 pm

Post by the worst »

Hello and welcome ryven! :D
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
CreativeMod1
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
CreativeMod1
Operative Excel-lence
Operative Excel-lence

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by CreativeMod1 »

Heeeey

So, I love both playing and moderating games of mafia/werewolf, I meet with a group IRL regularly to play and I play in a group on Facebook quite a bit and I’ve tried sites like EM, decided to join this site to carry on my mafia fun

As my name suggests one of my favourite things is creating interesting games, in my Facebook group I tend to create very interesting games with new mechanics and fun twists, so look out for when I start modding haha
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:34 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Welcome to the site! I've only been here a few months but I hope you'll find you like it as much as I do!

Return to “General Discussion”