Newbie Introductions - Sup Fellow Home Slices

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Master Kokiri 9
Master Kokiri 9
Watcher
Master Kokiri 9
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by Master Kokiri 9 »

Hi everybody! I'm Master Kokiri 9 (although you could've figured that out). I've played a bit of Mafia before on other forums and it was thanks to Nameloc (pretty sure he goes by that around here) that I came here.

Aside from Mafia, I enjoy video games a ton (mainly Nintendo games like Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon although I've been branching out a little by getting a PS2) and I'm a bit of an anime fan.

My biggest hobby is writing stories and I'm also starting to get into Let's Playing.
"something that makes no sense" --Somebody

Ó▓ÑþøèÓ▓Ñ
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:49 am

Post by Haylen »

Hello! ^_^ Welcome to our humble abode, where death, destruction and bloodshed are the norm! I hope you find your stay here rather pleasent, what is ours is yours. If you have any questions don't hesitate to shoot me a PM ^_^
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:53 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Master Kokiri 9 wrote:Hi everybody! I'm Master Kokiri 9 (although you could've figured that out). I've played a bit of Mafia before on other forums and it was thanks to Nameloc (pretty sure he goes by that around here) that I came here.

Aside from Mafia, I enjoy video games a ton (mainly Nintendo games like Zelda, Mario, and Pokemon although I've been branching out a little by getting a PS2) and I'm a bit of an anime fan.

My biggest hobby is writing stories and I'm also starting to get into Let's Playing.
Hi, welcome to the site! What's your preferred abbreviation of your username?
#greenshirtthursdays
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:42 am

Post by Amrun »

Hi, I'm new to the site but experienced with mafia games on others (though they are, of course, different). I hope to mod here eventually.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:17 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I like ambitious mods, Amrun. I don't think we've ever successfully run a game over 40, but I'm happy to be proven wrong. Just know that you could be talking about a commitment of over a year, at our pace.
Retired as of October 2014.
Alanna
Alanna
Townie
Alanna
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:39 pm

Post by Alanna »

Hey, I'm Alanna, new to this mafia community :) I have played a similar forum game (Werwolf) in a German forum.
I also play mafia and Werwolf in real life a lot.

Looking forward to try some newbie games and get the hang of this :)
I'm from Germany. My timezone is Central European Time (CET) or GMT + 1:00

Cuteness in a video
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:06 am

Post by Haylen »

Hello, newbie :3 I hope you enjoy it here.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
kr0b
kr0b
Goon
kr0b
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:03 am

Post by kr0b »

Hey... I sorta played here before but I bailed out on the game, excuses be excuses. I didn't want it to happen again.

I know a couple of my friends play here from other sites but I have no idea of their names on these forums, I just know them as Kise and Leech
flying the flag for Dorset on MS.... probably
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:00 am

Post by mb53 »

Then they are probably these two. =)
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
Jack Forman
Jack Forman
Townie
Jack Forman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:08 pm

Post by Jack Forman »

Hello I am new here, I have play Gaia in the past and had fun. It was a Gaia friend that told me about Mafiascum. I also play xbox here and there if a game may peak my interest. But most of all I like to meet new people and have a good fun time. So I look forward to meeting you and playing some fun games.
Fuben84 is my xbox name.
I Love Beer!!!
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:24 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Welcome, Jack!
Tuncali
Tuncali
Townie
Tuncali
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Tuncali »

Hello everyone. I was told of this site by a student of mine not too long ago. I hope to enjoy the game here like I did when it was explained to me.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Welcome Professor Tuncali!
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by Otolia »

Hello there,

I'm Otolia, newbie who isn't really one as I play on a regular basis the french version of Werewolves IRL. So I know a lot about the basic situations and the argumentation, however I think I still need to work on my stances because the pace of the game is different in a forum game. I would like to mod as soon as possible since I do so IRL. Thus if someone could show me explain me how it works here/to whom should I submit setups/who can give me the basic of modding in forums that would be ultra super great !

Obviously I'm french though I speak/write english and german very fluently. I guess the language shouldn't be a problem, but sometimes it's very likely that I would use a french grammatic construction (example : using 'you' instead of 'one')

Also I hereby declare my love to Haylen :oops: because she has such a
cute
avatar that it makes me want to hug
her
my girlfriend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:22 pm

Post by Vi »

Kublai Khan wrote:Welcome Professor Tuncali!
"Professor", you say?
Otolia wrote:Thus if someone could show me explain me how it works here/to whom should I submit setups/who can give me the basic of modding in forums that would be ultra super great !
After three months and 100 posts (whichever comes
later
) you can go /in to mod in the Open or Mini Normal queue. If you join the Open queue, setups will be precrafted for you; if you join the Mini Normal queue, you can create your own (within Normal guidelines).

Either way, it's going to be a while. In the meantime, I'm free to answer any questions you may have :D
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:53 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Also, you'll find some interesting reading about the mechanics and peculiarities of forum modding here: http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... How_to_Mod
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Haylen »

Otolia wrote:Hello there,

I'm Otolia, newbie who isn't really one as I play on a regular basis the french version of Werewolves IRL. So I know a lot about the basic situations and the argumentation, however I think I still need to work on my stances because the pace of the game is different in a forum game. I would like to mod as soon as possible since I do so IRL. Thus if someone could show me explain me how it works here/to whom should I submit setups/who can give me the basic of modding in forums that would be ultra super great !

Obviously I'm french though I speak/write english and german very fluently. I guess the language shouldn't be a problem, but sometimes it's very likely that I would use a french grammatic construction (example : using 'you' instead of 'one')

Also I hereby declare my love to Haylen :oops: because she has such a
cute
avatar that it makes me want to hug
her
my girlfriend.
I like you! ^_^

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:53 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Otolia wrote:Hello there,

Bienvenue! Nous avons quelques francophones ici déjà. Généralement québécois, mais la langue est (presque) la même. N'inquiétez vous pas la grammaire, car certains racailleurs (est-ce un mot? Oui. Maintenant c'est un mot.) ont à peine à maîtriser l'anglais.

Faites comme chez vous et joignez des jeux.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:26 pm

Post by Otolia »

Kublai Khan wrote:Bienvenue ! Nous avons déjà quelques francophones ici . Généralement québécois, mais la langue est (presque) la même. Ne vous inquiétez vous pas pour la grammaire, car certains racailleurs (est-ce un mot ? Oui. Maintenant c'est un mot.) ont à peine à maîtriser l'anglais.

Faites comme chez vous et joignez des parties.
Corrected it for the sake of appreciating the nice welcome. :D Racailleurs isn't a word actually, but since french love neologism, it's perfectly fine. Though I would use 'racailloux' myself because it the invented plural of a pokemon's name.
Haylen wrote:I like you! ^_^
:oops:
Mr. Flay wrote:Also, you'll find some interesting reading about the mechanics and peculiarities of forum modding here: http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... How_to_Mod
Thanks for that link.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

Otolia wrote:
Kublai Khan wrote:Bienvenue ! Nous avons déjà quelques francophones ici . Généralement québécois, mais la langue est (presque) la même. Ne vous inquiétez vous pas pour la grammaire, car certains racailleurs (est-ce un mot ? Oui. Maintenant c'est un mot.) ont à peine à maîtriser l'anglais.

Faites comme chez vous et joignez des parties.
Corrected it for the sake of appreciating the nice welcome. :D Racailleurs isn't a word actually, but since french love neologism, it's perfectly fine. Though I would use 'racailloux' myself because it the invented plural of a pokemon's name.
Hey, I'm just happy I could make semi-coherent sentences since my French has gotten so rusty over the years. I had to look up the French word for "scum"..

Though I really dig "racailloux" as a word.. It sounds like a long-lost Hergé character.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by Otolia »

Kublai Khan wrote:Hey, I'm just happy I could make semi-coherent sentences since my French has gotten so rusty over the years. I had to look up the French word for "scum".. Though I really dig "racailloux" as a word.. It sounds like a long-lost Hergé character.
Of course the usual translation for scum would be racaille, however due to some political events the last 10 years, it is now strongly associated with suburban teenagers with a low social status. Thus I think you could use : arsouille, bandit, brigand, canaille, crapule, frappe, gredin, malandrin, scélérat, truand, voyou and many others that I don't know about.

Here is the original racaillou, certainly a dangerous buddy :

Speaking of Hergé :

This could be an awesome post restriction : You have to speak like Cpt Haddock and point scuminess through funny insults.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:56 am

Post by Haylen »

Oh yeh! @ Otolia My avatar is of Miki from Shugo Chara - she basically has the skills that the main character dreams about having, her life's goal. Since my dream of saving the world and making everybody happy has been practically crushed (and I can't find a Shugo Chara character for that anyway), I went with the artistic one because I also want to be a writer.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by T-Bone »

new players start here?

hi!
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Haylen »

Hello! ^_^ Get an avatar or people will yell at you ._.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by T-Bone »

All glory to me then.