Movie Thread

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
DeathNote
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #4375  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:21 pm

Spiderverse continues to remain a top tier movie. Every time I watch it, I get blown away at how beautiful every aspect of it is.

Almost certainly my favorite movie right now and could possibly be my favorite movie ever... period... donezo
Looking for love in Alderaan places.

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4376  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:51 pm

pokemon cinematic universe? red & blue based film is rumored now

i dont even care how bad it is i will fucking SCREAM if it becomes true
get to know a reckoner

it's time for the CHIVE to ARRIVE

Psyche
mr. personality

Post Post #4377  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:59 pm

hope it’s done closer to hollywood than to japan tbh
"Listen well - to be human is to be an eternal wanderer. It's up to you to discover the new vistas of life. No one else will clear the way!"

Creature
Of Habit

Post Post #4378  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 19, 2019 10:01 pm

I prefer live-action series, movies are like too heavy for me to handle.
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

Firebringer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4379  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:03 pm

I was rewatching infinity wars the other day and a friend pointed out that his whole plan was kind of ridiculous as the idea of there being not enough and to just wipe everyone out would only be a temporary solution to the problem. We got into it with me saying well he could always do it again to continue to alleviate over population. Which again friend pointed out what kind of solution would that be when population would just go back to it again, a never ending cycle.

So it made me think. What if Thanos was right but his means of doing so were just backwards. In other words what if he should have favored a way of forcing people to not populate to a level he found acceptable without just the killing half the population and enough resources for everyone then? He could still kill half the population but then need to place in a rule of order to restrict population regrowth.

Probably wouldn't make a good movie to show Thanos just passing laws in place to force people stop having children, would be like One Child Policy the movie. But I think he was onto something there
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul

Firebringer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4380  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:06 pm

Thanos step for population control would probably be best fit with not killing half the population at first but actually sterilizing more than half the population to have birth rates go down over time and then the resource problem would be solved. Thanos was on the right track here.

Psyche
mr. personality

Post Post #4381  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:08 pm

thanos is not some high-minded humanitarian but a psychopath coping with extreme grief by performing that schtick
"Listen well - to be human is to be an eternal wanderer. It's up to you to discover the new vistas of life. No one else will clear the way!"

Firebringer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4382  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:13 pm

But he is right that over population is a serious problem that threatens a whole species! If resources are depleted it would lead to massive upheal and fighting for remaining resources which would cause much more suffering than what Thanos even did. With controlling population as Thanos wanted, you have a stable population that is healthy and sustainable for the future.

Just like how hunters go out and cull the numbers of some animals in order for them to not starve themselves to death. This is already practiced in the real world. We have to force boundaries on populations with no natural predators or nature does it for them, and when nature does it for them it is much worse than the predators themselves.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4383  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:02 pm

In post 4380, Firebringer wrote:Thanos step for population control would probably be best fit with not killing half the population at first but actually sterilizing more than half the population to have birth rates go down over time and then the resource problem would be solved. Thanos was on the right track here.

Or he could double the resources.

(Yeah, the motivation of Thanos is really dumb.)

IIRC, in the comic book, he killed half the universe to impress Death (the personification). Which is actually a better reason.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #4384  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:29 pm

Oh I never posted here

Chickadee and I really liked Escape Room until like the last 30 min when it suddenly sucked hard
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

GTKAS Jiffy! (Part 1) || GTKAS Jerfy (The Sequel!) || How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart) || In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

Psyche
mr. personality

Post Post #4385  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:32 pm

it was like saw except the killer has a budget and no moral code and isn't interesting

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #4386  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:49 pm

Yeah basically it was good until they decided to reveal the back plot

Then it sucked hard
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

GTKAS Jiffy! (Part 1) || GTKAS Jerfy (The Sequel!) || How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart) || In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

Firebringer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4387  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:33 pm

In post 4383, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 4380, Firebringer wrote:Thanos step for population control would probably be best fit with not killing half the population at first but actually sterilizing more than half the population to have birth rates go down over time and then the resource problem would be solved. Thanos was on the right track here.

Or he could double the resources.

(Yeah, the motivation of Thanos is really dumb.)

IIRC, in the comic book, he killed half the universe to impress Death (the personification). Which is actually a better reason.

You can't double existing resources in a finite system. You are thinking of something that allows resources to be used more efficiently or grants access to resources that were otherwise unobtainable. Which I am assuming that Thanos already considered. Even if we take the idea that he doubles the resources he would still need to continue to increase resources every time we reach the biosphere bottleneck of resources. This is assuming that life continues to grow exponentially without being acted on outside. Which is what Thanos saw before he enacted his plan.

Even if we consider that Thanos solution was temporary, the doubling resources would also be, so the only real solution would be to create a system in place that keeps birth/death rates in check so as to make it so resources can be used efficiently without issues on sustainability

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4388  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:42 pm

The universe is a finite system?

Firebringer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4389  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:59 pm

yeah

Firebringer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4390  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:00 pm

space is infinite, matter within the system space is finite.

DeathNote
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4391  (ISO)  » Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:10 pm

Serenity is a movie that exists.

No not firefly.

rb
Survivor

Pronoun: It

Post Post #4392  (ISO)  » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:18 am

i actually cant wait for detective pikachu and i don't even like pokemon
beep beep im a jeep

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4393  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:20 pm

Apparent anti-SJWs are trying to review-bomb Captain Marvel on Rotten Tomatoes because it's main star is a woman.

Oso
Goon

Post Post #4394  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:06 pm

In post 4393, Kublai Khan wrote:Apparent anti-SJWs are trying to review-bomb Captain Marvel on Rotten Tomatoes because it's main star is a woman.

That's a shit thing to do. Hopefully it won't do anything. If I recall, Black Panther had about the same thing happen to it but last time I looked, it was over 1 billion at the box office.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.

DeathNote
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4395  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:35 pm

Oh interesting. I saw that Captain Marvel was getting bombed a bit but didn't know the reason why.

zoraster
Consigliere

Post Post #4396  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:57 pm

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/captai ... ?type=user

Search the lead actress Drew Doesn't want us going as a white male I won't go, Drew I hope your move is good without me

Larson has made it clear...men need not attend this movie.

Larson's sexist and racist attitudes don't want me to spend money on this anyway, so here you go, Ms. Larson.

You could not pay me to see this SJW laden, white male hating worthless POS movie. I am sick of this identity politics taking over pop culture. Brie Larson could get hit by a bus and I would not shed a tear.

etc

Psyche
mr. personality

Post Post #4397  (ISO)  » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:09 pm

so sad to see so many sensitive white tears go unbottled and unsold

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #4398  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:56 am

fuckyourfeelingstshirt.jpg

InflatablePie
Accept When He Does

Post Post #4399  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:00 am

In post 4392, rb wrote:i actually cant wait for detective pikachu
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion