I love TV shows, perhaps too much.

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Pronoun: He

Post Post #5200  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:12 am

I was really disappointed by Season 2 of Legion but I'll probably watch some of Season 3 cuz the cliffhanger set up for a nice storyline shift
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

GTKAS Jiffy! (Part 1) || GTKAS Jerfy (The Sequel!) || How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart) || In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #5201  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:13 am

Jon Hamm narrating the beginnings of the episodes was cool though I liked those bits. And the multiple world's episode was cool

GTKAS Jiffy! (Part 1) || GTKAS Jerfy (The Sequel!) || How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart) || In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

Equinox
Shot Count

Post Post #5202  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:23 pm

Other people watch 3%! Yay!

I haven't started season two, though.
revise and resubmit

zoraster
Consigliere

Post Post #5203  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:16 am

I sat through quite a few TV-related panels at comiccon this year. Quite a few I sat through in order to see the panel I wanted to see. Sometimes I went to a panel just so I could find a quiet place to be as it's crazy outside the rooms.

Castle Rock I saw the first episode of. It looks really intriguing if you like that kind of thing, but I'm not really a horror fan so will not continue to watch. Very up my wife's alley though.
Saw the first episode of Jack Ryan. I had very low expectations for this, but actually quite enjoyed it, and will definitely give it a shot. Took about half the episode not to view Jack Ryan as Jim from The Office, but got over it.
Amazon put 5 show runners together to talk about their shows: The Expanse, Good Omens, Lore, Jack Ryan, and Homecoming. It was kind of a bad panel in that the moderator gave extremely canned questions to obviously rehearsed answers, but I could listen to Neil Gaiman talk for hours. I'm excited for Good Omens. The Expanse just finished their season, so mostly it was talking about getting saved from cancellation. Homecoming looks promising hearing about it, but the teaser with Julia Roberts revealed very little. Lore is just about 0% my thing.
Steven Universe's panel was awesome. I just wish I liked the show, but the writers, actors and fans interact in such a touching way. I really, really like the writer. They showed a 3 minute clip from a new episode and announced the Steven Universe "movie." The cast and writers dabbed.
The Good Place panel was great for fans of the show, and it was led by Mark Evan Jackson (i.e. the big boss/Shawn on The Good Place or Captain Holt's husband on Brooklyn 99), and he was easily my favorite moderator. Showed a 2 minute clip of the first episode, which was predictably funny but short. Not much else to report there. Fans very excited, and my wife (cosplaying "Best Person" eleanor) met a bunch of other people cosplaying as well as some of the cast later (Janet by far the most popular).
Dead Class looks really gritty but a little silly. We saw the first episode, and it was engaging but I'm not sure I'll continue to watch it. It's based on a comic book series that revolves around an assassin school. The episode was well done.
The Magicians, which I perhaps should be more embarrassed about loving, had a great panel, showed some small teasers but mostly was chatting.

There were some other smaller panels that kind of touched on TV (got MCLE Credit for the legal implications of Westworld!), but they were more interesting than they were anything to report to a TV thread.

chamber
Cases are scummy

Post Post #5204  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:07 pm

How much of steven universe have you watched? I thought season 1 was pretty bad, but I skipped a bunch of it with guidance from Mina and s2 is great. (it then starts to go downhill again but not hits s1 levels of bad).
Taking a break from the site.

zoraster
Consigliere

Post Post #5205  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:14 pm

about 6-10 episodes of season 1. Enough that I was kind of bored and extremely annoyed by Steven's voice, but I guess I'd be willing to give it another try.

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #5206  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:14 am

No need to be embarrassed about The Magicians it's an awesome show

zoraster
Consigliere

Post Post #5207  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:28 pm

it's great in a very CW young adult way.

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #5208  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:01 pm

I think it does some seriously good character building over seasons that I don't really see in a lot of shows.

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #5209  (ISO)  » Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:02 pm

Also I'd argue that it's probably not... young adult? At least not in the CW sense. It's got a lot of mature shit going on between the cracks.

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #5210  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:32 pm

Watching the premiere of Lodge 49 on AMC, writing/pacing/humor is very reminiscent of The Big Lebowski. I think it's got some potential.

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #5211  (ISO)  » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:13 pm

Hey has anyone watched Queen of the South? I feel like I want to watch that but it's a few seasons in and that's a big catch-up if it isn't excellent.

TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel

Post Post #5212  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:46 pm

couple episodes deep into sense8 and liking it so far im only getting to watch 2ish episodes a week as im watching it with someone but so far its building an interesting world

time to see if they can now do interesting things with it

mexican boyfriend is best character in fact that whole trio is growing on me fast

german lockcracker / indian chemist so far have been the least interesting connection hoping they improve or take it another direction soon
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up

Nero Cain
Survivor

Post Post #5213  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:39 pm

In post 5203, zoraster wrote:Castle Rock I saw the first episode of. It looks really intriguing if you like that kind of thing, but I'm not really a horror fan so will not continue to watch. Very up my wife's alley though.

it's p good. I'm only up to episode 4 but I think its watchable.
Show

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #5214  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:39 pm

Enjoying Mr. Inbetween. If you're a fan of Australian accents and kinda lighthearted takes on crime, definitely recommend.

First two episodes were a little slow building but it's getting quite good by episode 3 and 4 now that the characters are established.

Errantparabola
Composed

Post Post #5215  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:25 pm

Just finished season 1 of The Good Place. It was really good. I guessed at the first part of the ending but did not expect the second part at all which is just absolutely brilliant. I'm so excited to start the second season.
Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops. --implosion

Where am I?

zoraster
Consigliere

Post Post #5216  (ISO)  » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:56 pm

it's so good.

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #5217  (ISO)  » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:55 am

Finished the Bake Off
I guess I'm used to Noel selling out (more)
Think there were some shenanigans the week before semis

KittyMo
Too Sparkly

Post Post #5218  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:31 pm

In post 5217, shaft.ed wrote:Finished the Bake Off

what do you mean?
GTKAS Moderator | Sysop & volunteer contributor for the MafiaScum wiki | My GTKAS

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #5219  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:44 pm

In post 5215, Errantparabola wrote:Just finished season 1 of The Good Place. It was really good. I guessed at the first part of the ending but did not expect the second part at all which is just absolutely brilliant. I'm so excited to start the second season.

The Good Place is one of the best shows on TV rn.

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #5220  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:59 pm

In post 5218, KittyMo wrote:
In post 5217, shaft.ed wrote:Finished the Bake Off

what do you mean?

Rahulobv had the worst bake

KittyMo
Too Sparkly

Post Post #5221  (ISO)  » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:18 pm

I meant with the Noel part too

Spoiler:
i mean editing is weird so you never get the full picture but even as a huge Rahul fan it did seem strange at best. Criticism towards Manon had been pretty biting for weeks, Rahul burns food twice and it's phrased as he's "trying too hard"
GTKAS Moderator | Sysop & volunteer contributor for the MafiaScum wiki | My GTKAS

Porochaz
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #5222  (ISO)  » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:53 pm

Rahul should have gone. His bakes were worse than Manon's and they are meant to be judging solely on that weeks. I mean, whats-her-face (the one I wanted to win), would have gone weeks back if it had been cumulative.
Scumchat - aimgochatroomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

Semi Out of Retirement. Limited Time Only. Free Prozac for every Eggnogfas taken!

Creature
Transparent

Post Post #5223  (ISO)  » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:35 am

In post 5202, Equinox wrote:Other people watch 3%! Yay!

Yes it's original from my country
Make mafiascum great again

Creature
Transparent

Post Post #5224  (ISO)  » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:36 am

I am waiting for Stranger Things third season
Make mafiascum great again

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion