Game of Thrones

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #4125 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:05 am

Post by Korts »

Great episode.

Now I can't remember why I hate Cercei so much.

I'm kind of frustrated though about Jon Snow ruining Sansa's claim. Otherwise we might have had all queens for the last season.
In post 4117, Faraday wrote:glad arya's storyline is interesting again
Interesting is a stretch.
scumchat never die
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4126 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:23 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

They really need to chill with the teleportation next season tho, it feels cheap

Music was A++++

I actually predicted Arya would show up and Faceless Man Walder Frey in the finale because it was so out of nowhere that it seems like something GoT would do PLUS it seemed very obvious they wanted everyone the fuck out of Essos this season

speaking of which: JORAH WHERE? :(
green shirt thursdays
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4127 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:42 am

Post by Iecerint »

I remain kind of clueless on how the endgame is going to be good television.

It seems like we have 2 major conflicts remaining (Cersei + the South and Littlefinger + the North), and then a fight against the boring zombies, with side-plots for Sam and Sandor to maybe resolve. I guess Bran can learn stuff to make the zombies more interesting.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #4128 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:53 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Was listening to the soundtrack over and over again today. Just masterful work.

This ended up being a weird and bumpy season but this episode was definitely a real high point for the series, particularly the King's Landing stuff. I've ragged on the show's adaptation of the Jaime/Cersei relationship for a couple of years (they're probably my favourite two book characters) but there's something to be said for having the weakening point be now, when she goes full Mad Queen, than earlier, that makes me open to reconsidering it somewhat. Lena Headey and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau totally knocked all of their scenes out of the park, as well.
In post 4126, xRECKONERx wrote:speaking of which: JORAH WHERE? :(
Saw somebody suggest that
Melisandre might find him and Victarion him up a smoking arm but that does seem like wishful thinking. I think I prefer his story as just ending ambiguously now, even though greyscale seems like it's kind of a thing in the books
#greenshirtthursdays
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #4129 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by AniX »

I have to say it feels real good for my team (Team One True) to be the winning side for once. I invested years of my life into Stannis only for him to ambiguously go missing having never sat the Throne. Now his true and right heir Cersei has taken her rightful place.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4130 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 4127, Iecerint wrote:I remain kind of clueless on how the endgame is going to be good television.

It seems like we have 2 major conflicts remaining (Cersei + the South and Littlefinger + the North), and then a fight against the boring zombies, with side-plots for Sam and Sandor to maybe resolve. I guess Bran can learn stuff to make the zombies more interesting.
This is kind of my fear, as well. I don't want the zombie battle to be the "big thing" the series has been building towards. It's so predictable and boring. I was hoping zombies would invade FIRST, realm temporarily forges a truce to fight them off, then the final season would be the actual pay off to all the politicking over the past 7 seasons where the big players make their final moves on a destitute realm.
In post 4128, ChannelDelibird wrote:Was listening to the soundtrack over and over again today. Just masterful work.

This ended up being a weird and bumpy season but this episode was definitely a real high point for the series, particularly the King's Landing stuff. I've ragged on the show's adaptation of the Jaime/Cersei relationship for a couple of years (they're probably my favourite two book characters) but there's something to be said for having the weakening point be now, when she goes full Mad Queen, than earlier, that makes me open to reconsidering it somewhat. Lena Headey and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau totally knocked all of their scenes out of the park, as well.
In post 4126, xRECKONERx wrote:speaking of which: JORAH WHERE? :(
Saw somebody suggest that
Melisandre might find him and Victarion him up a smoking arm but that does seem like wishful thinking. I think I prefer his story as just ending ambiguously now, even though greyscale seems like it's kind of a thing in the books
I was sorta "bleh" on Jaime/Cersei being together still until this episode. I think it makes all the sense in the world to have Jaime's love for Cersei fade when he sees her as the Mad Queen. The books had the strands of that relationship dethread slowly over time mostly via POV chapters. Since they couldn't do that in the show, I think this was an excellent move.

Regarding the spoiler:
I have a hard time believing Grayscale is completely irrelevant to the plot. Jorah has to come back into play somehow. Though I imagine now, it'll be him popping up in Westeros to be like "ay khaleesi check out my arm i cured it" but I still dunno what Grayscale has to do with anything.
green shirt thursdays
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #4131 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by chamber »

I kind of want the fight against the white walkers to just be them winning at the very end because of all the in fighting that's happened.
Taking a break from the site.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4132 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by Iecerint »

For the books one theory I've read is that at some point in planning (if not the current endgame plan) the Shrouded Lord might have been imagined as a counterpart to the Night's King. Investigating greyscale lets the heroes meet the Shrouded Lord. But there's not time for that on the show and there's been no set-up.

I was surprised that Kinvara didn't show up again on the show. I liked her scene in the middle of the season.
Last edited by Iecerint on Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4133 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 4131, chamber wrote:I kind of want the fight against the white walkers to just be them winning at the very end because of all the in fighting that's happened.
Eh. I think at worst the heroes abandon Westeros to the White Walkers and flee to Essos.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4134 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

for overwatch fans
green shirt thursdays
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4135 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:59 pm

Post by Iecerint »

I stole it.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4136 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

In post 4126, xRECKONERx wrote:They really need to chill with the teleportation next season tho, it feels cheap
There's this weird line where they need to make the narrative work, and I think they use the same thing GRRM uses in the beginning of AFFC. The warning page where it says "hey, the timing isn't quite perfect, go with it."

It doesn't make sense unless some of the later scenes are earlier than earlier scenes.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4137 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:55 pm

Post by Frozen Angel »

meh their making the end game the exact replica of the rebellion against the mad king.

This will be fun if Jaime end up killing the mad queen as well.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #4138 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by Faraday »

In post 4125, Korts wrote:Great episode.

Now I can't remember why I hate Cercei so much.

I'm kind of frustrated though about Jon Snow ruining Sansa's claim. Otherwise we might have had all queens for the last season.
In post 4117, Faraday wrote:glad arya's storyline is interesting again
Interesting is a stretch.
I mean it was cool as fuck and at least means her storyline could become interesting again, so not really. I also was fairly sure it'd happen but that's not a bad thing.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #4139 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by Faraday »

Yeah I'd definitely not put this above season 1 or two I think. A lot of fairly 'just ok' episodes middle of the season. Ended super strong though.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4140 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by Claus »

In post 4136, hasdgfas wrote:
In post 4126, xRECKONERx wrote:They really need to chill with the teleportation next season tho, it feels cheap
There's this weird line where they need to make the narrative work, and I think they use the same thing GRRM uses in the beginning of AFFC. The warning page where it says "hey, the timing isn't quite perfect, go with it."

It doesn't make sense unless some of the later scenes are earlier than earlier scenes.
In this case I feel people would complain less about "Varys teleporting" if the show just spent a few more seconds making it clearer that Westerosi ships were in that Navy. My first reaction was also WTF the eunuch stole LF's jetpack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4141 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:27 am

Post by Claus »

Sorry for the blatant copy-pasta, but I found this amusing:

Spoiler: Parallels Between S1 finale and S6 finale
A) Bran and Lyanna

Season 1: Bran visits the crypts and shows Lyanna's tomb to Osha, he explains to the story of Rhaegar kidnapping her and starting Robert's Rebellion.

Season 6: Bran finds the truth about Lyanna dying.

B) The King in the North

Season 1: Robb Stark is named King in the North while the Northern lords praise him.

Season 6: Jon Snow is named King in the North while the Northern lords praise him.

C) Tyrion is named Hand of the King

Season 1: By Tywin, to serve in his absence.

Season 6: By Dany.

D) Maester Pycelle

Season 1: There's a scene with him in his chambers ending a session with a prostitute, he then continues on to small council meeting in the Throne Room.

Season 6: There's a scene with him in his chambers ending a session with a prostitute, and is then killed on his way to the Sept of Baelor.

E) Mistresses

Season 1: Tyrion decides to take his mistress to King's Landing.

Season 2: Dany decides not to take her lover to King's Landing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4142 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:58 am

Post by Drench »

In post 4140, Claus wrote:In this case I feel people would complain less about "Varys teleporting" if the show just spent a few more seconds making it clearer that Westerosi ships were in that Navy. My first reaction was also WTF the eunuch stole LF's jetpack.
yeah like if u slow it down u can clearly see other houses in the fleet and it makes perfect sense but like, putting the scenes so close together in the ep suggested ~~wow teleporting~~ which was probably a mistake
join your union
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4143 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:02 am

Post by Equinox »

I don't have anything productive to add to this discussion except that the music for this last episode was one of the most beautiful and haunting things I've ever heard, and the music for this series is already generally on-point.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4144 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:32 am

Post by hasdgfas »

For those concerned about jetpacks/teleporters(it's twitter, so read bottom to top):
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4145 (ISO) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by zoraster »

Yeah maybe but it wasn't necessary to put Varys back on the boat. He could have met them on the shores or whatever.
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4146 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:23 am

Post by Venmar »

In post 4131, chamber wrote:I kind of want the fight against the white walkers to just be them winning at the very end because of all the in fighting that's happened.
I feel like the North is going to just get completely rolled over by the White Walkers. Most of the North's manpower died with Rob in the South. The rest has been continually depleted by the war with the Greyjoys and now the fighting between Stark and Bolton. Three of the largest houses of the North, Bolton, Karstark, and Umber (especially the first) can be considered depleted and disgraced.

Even though they just proclaimed Jon as the KINDINDANORF, I feel like the manpower of the North is probably like a 1,000 guys without support from the Vale.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4147 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:25 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

yeah

even south can't stand that enemy. all the houses are basically wiped out at this point. repeated wars are just making all of them weaker.

The dragons and the dothraki are only hopes against white walkers I guess.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #4148 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:20 am

Post by AniX »

All the North has to do is kneel before the One True Queen and all will be fine after Sansa and Jon are executed for treason.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4149 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:28 am

Post by Venmar »

..what?
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--

Return to “General Discussion”