Game of Thrones

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #4450 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:57 am

Post by Faraday »

Also theon fight scene was atrocious if for no other reason than "lol you got your dick cut off knees down there make you stronger" bit which felt almost comedic
Last edited by Faraday on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #4451 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:59 am

Post by Faraday »

But the scene w him and Jon was great.

Enjoyed the episode and season overall I guess. Even if it was more for "shocking stuff" as I kinda needed to ignore some dumb stuff.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4452 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:17 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 4449, Faraday wrote:Euron is p bad in the books so far too imo
Do you mean bad as in evil or bad as in a bad villain?

Because I get that, a lot of what has been revealed about him and his true threat/motives has come from that one preview chapter. Kind of came out of nowhere when I think most readers viewed him as a bit of a joke up to that point.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4453 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:58 am

Post by Rhinox »

Was Euron the one who showed up with the dragon horn at the kingsmoot in the book? or was that victarion? because that was pretty cool.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4454 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:24 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 4453, Rhinox wrote:Was Euron the one who showed up with the dragon horn at the kingsmoot in the book? or was that victarion? because that was pretty cool.
That was Euron

Victarion is the really dim one
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4455 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:57 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 4450, Faraday wrote:Also theon fight scene was atrocious if for no other reason than "lol you got your dick cut off knees down there make you stronger" bit which felt almost comedic

I definitely laughed, but like...we watch pro wrestling.

I think theon would make a great indie gimmick.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4456 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:40 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

Prediction: Bran dies before he gets to tell Jon his true lineage. He only finds out that he's a Targaryen when he survives dragon fire. OR - quite possibly - Viserion's ice beam.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #4457 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:54 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

Maybe he dies and Wargs into Ghost and tells him as a wolf.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4458 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:03 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

As far as I know, only the Three Eyed Raven can warg.

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #4459 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

Not the only one, that one wildling can warg. And I was talking about Bran warging into Jon's direwolf.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4460 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:55 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Ghost? Direwolf? Whats that?

/s
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4461 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:34 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 4460, Rhinox wrote:Ghost? Direwolf? Whats that?

/s
That depressing moment when you realize there were numerous opportunities for Ghost to make an appearance but didn't either because they forgot or didn't have the budget because of all the damn battles.
Show

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #4462 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:37 pm

Post by chamber »

They explicitly said they didn't have the budget for it. Was a choice they made to have more dragon screen time.
Taking a break from the site.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4463 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:51 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 4462, chamber wrote:They explicitly said they didn't have the budget for it. Was a choice they made to have more dragon screen time.
it was also reported that a scene with ghost was actually produced for episode 2 but they decided to cut during editing.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4464 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:00 am

Post by Wraith »

Honestly it would have been enough for the characters to have acknowledged Ghost's continued existence with something as simple as a throwaway line. I don't think he was mentioned a single time all season. He's practically become the wolf version of an un-person.
Show

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #4465 (ISO) » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:48 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 4409, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 4393, Katsuki wrote:Is there a particular reason why this season is 7 episodes instead of the standard 10? Directors admitted to being able to cut corners due to popularity of show but honestly what gave the show such depth was the development of characters like Brienne/Jaime using an example from this page. It's like they felt they could get away with pleasing the audience with just cramming in as much action as they can (hooray teleporting fleets/chars and videogame accuracy in locating enemy generals).
budget

these seasons retain the same budget as previous seasons but with less episodes that lets them to expensive cgi stuff
if that's the case, would've been nicer if they did less fancy stuff and included more character interactions like what we got to see in the last episode but maybe that's just me
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4466 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:09 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

That sickening feeling when you know jon and D are inevitably going to win and live happily ever after but you root against them anyways because you feel they don't deserve it at all and only got there through plot armour and dragon ex machina. I'm hoping while they're in siberia at least sansa vs cersei happens in some way and is interesting.

I thought the point of the series was for people on the "good" side to learn to play "the game" and finally beat cersei etc at it, even if in the process they become a little gray or in some ways a lesser evil. But it's like throughout jon just stays the same as always but lucks out repeatedly and D has power overwhelming through dragons so everything's fine. Not vs the undead I guess but in isolation I don't see how that conflict is going to be all that interesting either as basically PvE. Everyone being so apparently naive again WRT the wight plan just feels like a massive step backwards and I think it's safe to say that theme is pretty dead now and idealism won out through basically magic after all. Or maybe they did have some secret other plan they accomplished with that meeting to be revealed later and it wasn't pure stupidity?

Even sansa executing LF was something that was supposed to be a really good moment but felt lame and really easy IMO.
deranged and incoherent
?
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4467 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:31 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 4466, Raskolnikov wrote:Even sansa executing LF was something that was supposed to be a really good moment but felt lame and really easy IMO.
I agree about this. It was anticlimactic after all the various horrors he's committed in more and more open ways (at least open to Sansa) as time has passed. He was defeated too easily, though to beat him required embracing his byzantine approach to power. The one thing about that scene that kinda cut through the blahness was when he made a bravura show of twirling his cloak, gathering up the Vale folk and sweeping out of the keep. To fail at that was to plumb the depths of insignificance, which has always seemed one of his motivations - to never be insignificant again.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Macemeetface7
Macemeetface7
Goon
Macemeetface7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4468 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:09 am

Post by Macemeetface7 »

Every romance in Game of Thrones ends up in a tragedy, so next season these people should die: {Jon or Dany}, {Greyworm or Mellisandrei}, {Cersei or Jamie}

Dany will probably die at childbirth, but it will much more fun to see Jon die, Dany going crazy over it and starting to burn innocent people alive like the Mad King, and Arya becoming crazy too, losing her humanity and killing her. That would fit more with the theme of the series from the earlier seasons, not that soft shit of season 7
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #4469 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:27 am

Post by chamber »

I've heard a theory that I'm partial to that jon will have to use dany to forge lightbringer. And Jamie is supposed to kill Cersei in theory.
Taking a break from the site.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4470 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:39 am

Post by Zachrulez »

In post 4430, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 4426, xRECKONERx wrote:okay so ....

definitely thought jaime was donezo. in fact, why wasn't he? cersei told the mountain to do it, why didn't he?
I kind of want an answer to this.

Also, I've never really quite been so happy to see incest as I am right now.
My interpretation of what we saw was that Cersei was bluffing and the order itself was basically an intimidation bluff which Jaime called her on.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4471 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:53 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I also think the assumption that the white walkers will attack in the north first might be wrong. King's landing is actually the place that is least prepared for a white walker attack and the night king literally has a dragon he can use to fly there and raise the dead. They would never know what hit them. (Alternatively they may not even bother to focus their forces in one place and may end up attacking in multiple places... including King's landing.)
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4472 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:16 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Super sad the Littlefinger wasn't the big bad in the final season.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4473 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 4470, Zachrulez wrote:
In post 4430, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 4426, xRECKONERx wrote:okay so ....

definitely thought jaime was donezo. in fact, why wasn't he? cersei told the mountain to do it, why didn't he?
I kind of want an answer to this.

Also, I've never really quite been so happy to see incest as I am right now.
My interpretation of what we saw was that Cersei was bluffing and the order itself was basically an intimidation bluff which Jaime called her on.
He was kind of walking after her. If that was the intention, it was poorly portrayed.

Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4474 (ISO) » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:41 pm

Post by Ranmaru »

In post 4469, chamber wrote:I've heard a theory that I'm partial to that jon will have to use dany to forge lightbringer. And Jamie is supposed to kill Cersei in theory.
I misread that as lightsaber.

Return to “General Discussion”