Dreams

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:42 am

Post by Haylen »

Makes sense, I had a tough time at work on days, was expected to do much more than feasibly possible. And I was worried about my lack of wisdom teeth at the time, particularly the fact they might need to take them out - only way someone gets near my face with a needle is by knocking me out first.

I have an exam on the psychoanalytical, cognitive and humanistic approaches at the end of August.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:41 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

In post 8, mb53 wrote:Yeah, I can't lucid dream. One of my friends always has them. I'm jealous.

I've had a few lucid dreams, and I actually find them a much more scary experience than non-lucid dreams. All I want to do is escape, and wake up. Don't know why.
"TeCh was a textbook pro-town obv town all-around town townie.
the entire town decided to lobotomize itself and lynch the most obvious townie in the game" crypto
"Techno played a hell of a scum game, one of my best newbie scum players" bv310
"Tech, you carried my fat ass, that Vig shot took more balls then I had" AP
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:49 am

Post by Glork »

Been having a number of stress-induced dreams related to my upcoming move.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:07 am

Post by Chevre »

I had a dream last night that I was at this really weird restaurant with my family, including my grandma. Apparently we went there quite often. Anyway I had to go to the bathroom, but the bathroom was a creepy weird long room which was filled with junk. Anyway after we ate there was a pool/lake outside, so I jumped in. But then I realized that my phone was in my pocket! I got out immediately, but it was too late. Eventually it broke in half, and I was so sad. I thought this was really happening in real life. Then I woke up and was never so happy to see my unbronken phone! :)

Also I randomly remember singing "Like a G6" on the car-ride and my mom was so confused by the lyrics.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:38 am

Post by inte »

i had a dream where everyone was a Nintendo64 in a war against the covenant

oh yeah and we were all transformers too

pretty swag if i say so myself
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
UberNinja
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
UberNinja
Jekyll and Hyde
Jekyll and Hyde

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:46 pm

Post by UberNinja »

In post 79, inte wrote:i had a dream where everyone was a Nintendo64 in a war against the covenant

That's pretty fucking awesome, actually. :)
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:38 am

Post by inte »

In post 80, UberNinja wrote:
In post 79, inte wrote:i had a dream where everyone was a Nintendo64 in a war against the covenant

That's pretty fucking awesome, actually. :)

it was a dream from like two years ago, too

i remember because i couldn't stop thinking about it during my English composition class, and for the 2 hour lecture, i was staring blankly in to the wall

my most vivid memory of the dream (which oddly i can still remember a couple parts) was when me and my Ninten-Former (maybe Trans-Tendo sounds better) bro were charging into battle and he got shot in his side. too wounded to move on, he ducked behind a waist high wall (lol). clutching his side, he then said something along the lines of "go on my friend these aliens need killing"

i shed a robot tear and moved on. so cliché

i still get a dopamine rush when i think about it
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
noraaa
noraaa
Goon
noraaa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:48 am

Post by noraaa »

Spoiler:
During the two awful hours of sleep i got last night, i dreamed of a girl bullying me bc she'd repeatedly come to class in the middle of lecture while the lights were off for powerpoint, and want my seat. She also blamed me for the lights being off and the teacher never stopped her from bothering me. She'd be abusive and take out weird things on me while the class watched. Then I dreamed that my father was trying to get to know me (pertty sure the guy in the dream was some random dude visually), and my mom thought he was dangerous. Once he convinced her he wasn't, she made me sleep in a bed with him, and they were together for some reason. Then suddenly i was hiding in the shower which was in the bedroom too, while he was basically trying to rape me and i couldn't move or speak and she was oblivious even as she was nearby witnessing. So yeah, helplessness.
Engineers accepted the word “planetary” in its epicyclic sense, but I was always conscious that it also meant “wandering,” “erratic.”

Compassion, Common Sense, and Context should always go together.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:47 pm

Post by Chevre »

I dreamt I was in the Big Brother UK house from this year, and I was friends with Ashleigh, Sara, and Deana.

NOTE: I will not return to this thread in fear of spoilers, as I'm catching up and I'm only on
Lydia's eviction.
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:33 am

Post by Tazaro »

Last edited by Tazaro on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:55 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

I had a dream last night wher playing with my brother's friends made me late for a bus I don't (and didn't) catch.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
mb53
mb53
Mafia Scum
mb53
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:08 am

Post by mb53 »

Last night I had a dream that my biology class was going to do a game of mafia, and chose this site to play it on. I had almost completely forgotten about you guys up until that point, but I'm back now!

Aaand, about a week ago i had a dream that my mom was trying to kill me by making me eat a ton of junk food and not letting me do anything else. wat
i literally need to start a driving blog, please remind me
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:05 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

one night i dremt that i was hanging out with my cousins, and then like 2 or 3 ... 8 out of 10s came in and just wanted to bang us... I opted out because it felt to cheesy, and i just sat somewhere while the girls got banged by my cousins... it didnt bother me for the entire dream.

am i a asexual?
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:13 am

Post by Tazaro »

I noticed that I posted this twice:

Does anyone have dreams in which you, at some juncture, become aware that your feet are off the ground and you are moving in the air?
Last edited by Tazaro on Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:22 am

Post by Tazaro »

Does anyone have dreams in which you, at some juncture, become aware that your feet are off the ground and you are moving in the air?
Show
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:13 am

Post by Chevre »

I woke up this morning at 4:30, but I ended up going back to bed at 6:30 and proceeded to have one of the most frightening dreams ever.

In an earlier dream, I remember we were going to do a sort of Christmas play, but all that ended up happening was choosing roles and stuff. I thought I was an angel, but someone also had said I was just on the crew. So in this dream, that play came to fruition. Except I wasn't an angel, I was a member of the crew, and I kept doing everything wrong. So I ended up breaking down and walking out. When people came searching for me, I attacked them, and somehow got a huge scratch on my face. Anyway, these people were scared, so they gave me their bicycle and told me to go home. Well pretty close to my house is the hospital, and that's as far as I made it, still attacking people on the way, before I finally passed out.

When I woke up, I thought I was waking up from the dream, except I was still in the dream world and I was waking up from my pass out session. My family wanted me to explain what'd happened (although I think the theater people had already explained it from their view). I began to explain, and for some reason turned on my computer. It was then I noticed that Minecraft-shaped people were coming out of the cornfield at the end of my driveway. I don't think anyone else could see them. When I returned to my computer, it had a weird error, and then my dream-self made the connection that somehow the computer was causing video game worlds and the real world to intermix.

It may not sound frightening, but it was so scary and when I woke up fo' realz I was so glad to see my cat. :S
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:54 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 87, Kcdaspot wrote:one night i dremt that i was hanging out with my cousins, and then like 2 or 3 ... 8 out of 10s came in and just wanted to bang us... I opted out because it felt to cheesy, and i just sat somewhere while the girls got banged by my cousins... it didnt bother me for the entire dream.

am i a asexual?

Nah, you probably were just smart. Randomly banging people who are a bit too eager to banged always ends up screwing you over in the end.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by Chevre »

So there was this thread on Reddit today. And maybe I'm being good ol' Chevre, but I can't bring myself to believe some of the naysayers in the comments. This happens to me fairly often. Like I'll dream a dream, maybe remember it, maybe not, and if I do remember it I might note that it's like one of the dreams I've had like this before, or I might be like, "Ha! Like that'll ever happen. When will I ever get myself in that situation?" And then it might be a month or six, and it'll happen, and I will remember it from the dream.

This doesn't really fit with the deja vu argument they are bringing up because I remember these dreams months in advance, and I the time disconnect necessary boggles my mind.

I just don't get how some people can be SO CERTAIN that things like this aren't possible.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:54 pm

Post by CF Riot »

Good ol' Chevre. /skeptic

I had a dream semi-recently where I went scuba diving to the Titanic and found a room full of floating life jackets. Brought one back to the surface with me to sell. That dream ruled.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:19 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 92, Chevre wrote:So there was this thread on Reddit today. And maybe I'm being good ol' Chevre, but I can't bring myself to believe some of the naysayers in the comments. This happens to me fairly often. Like I'll dream a dream, maybe remember it, maybe not, and if I do remember it I might note that it's like one of the dreams I've had like this before, or I might be like, "Ha! Like that'll ever happen. When will I ever get myself in that situation?" And then it might be a month or six, and it'll happen, and I will remember it from the dream.

This doesn't really fit with the deja vu argument they are bringing up because I remember these dreams months in advance, and I the time disconnect necessary boggles my mind.

I just don't get how some people can be SO CERTAIN that things like this aren't possible.

The same thing happens to me all the time. There have been a few situations where a bad result in the dream has resulted in me, however many months later, doing something different in real life once I realize the dream is playing out.

I don't think it is future sight so much as my mind running through situations and acting them out for me in dream theatre.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:34 pm

Post by Crazy »

In post 62, springlullaby wrote:My verdict: you are not a crazy cannibalistic necrophiliac, just feeling overwhelmed by forces (internal or external) against which you are trying to fight. Being shot symbolizes being overtaken by these forces, which is paradoxically liberating, and arousal represents the flow of your repressed drives, free of your inhibitions at last.

Meaning: reason is safe you are just gay.

I totally forgot I had that dream but a belated thank you for that analysis. If there's any truth to dream analysis, then you nailed me. I'm not gay, but it's something kind of like that (which I shouldn't discuss in a public forum), so you can get credit.

Thankfully, I'm not actually a cannibal. Hopefully my dream didn't scar anybody's minds forever.
AcRv
AcRv
he/him
Goon
AcRv
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:06 pm

Post by AcRv »

The most recent dream I remember was one where I woke up and it was back to my first day of year 8 (three years ago). It quickly became apparent that everyone in the world had also remembered the three years that had just reround, and so there were people going on about how they wanted to do things differently, but being the genre savvy person I am I thought it would be safer to relive everything the same way. Eventually I realised my watch was still scratched even though that happened in year 9, giving away that something wasn't right, and one of my friends was pregnant even though they got pregnant after 2010. I woke up before there were any great revelations, but I think that with tweaking that could be made into an awesome movie.

My brother also quoted me sleep talking, saying "Just remember you know they're controlling you. You are being controlled." or something similar.
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -
Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc., 1989
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:19 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

Something that is really starting to bother me.

I don't sleep talk. However, I do sleep-answer. As in, when people ask me a question while I'm asleep, I mumble out a completely truthful answer. Furthermore, I often skype/facetime my girlfriend to sleep, and she is aware of this habit. How worried should I be of her interrogating me while I'm mentally helpless in my sleeping state?

Also, I dreamt last night of something strange. I do take psychology and tried to use dream analysis to figure out what my subconscious is saying. Didn't work.

I found myself in an indian bazaar. I was walking through it hand in hand with my girlfriend, when suddenly a belly dancer appeared in the middle of the dusty road. She was pretty hot, and when she was wearing so much jewelry that when she clapped, she practically clanged. Also very scantily clad. And then suddenly she became my 5th grade english teacher, and then she stuck her tongue out at me. I have no idea where my gf went at this time. It turned into a rope and wrapped around my feet, flipping me upside down. I was then shot up into the sky with the rope dragging me up by my feet, and somehow that turned into a martial art-esque karate kick at the cloud above. I landed on the cloud, and saw a castle. It was, as far as I can remember, pink. I took a step in and saw a giant rock, which blew up.

I can remember these details because this was the first time I ever had a dream worth writing down when I woke up. I also remember something about a toilet.

There aren't any phallic shaped objects in the dream so Freudian psychology was a waste of time. Help?
quadz08
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
quadz08
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:12 am

Post by quadz08 »

You have an active imagination

Good job, you're a person who dreams.
Current Avatar: Kronk. Duh.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:51 am

Post by Amrun »

If you don't want your gf to interrogate you in your sleep, tell her that. If you don't trust her, why is she your girlfriend.

Alternatively, explore why you are worried to tell your gf the truth to unknown questions?
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.

Return to “General Discussion”