Is JEEP the new EEEM?

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
SaberKitty
SaberKitty
Supposed to be? This IS blue.
SaberKitty

Is JEEP the new EEEM?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:04 am

Post by SaberKitty »

JEEP, what do your e's stand for?

it's ok if you don't want to answer, i have other exciting questions...
do you manage the whole chushogi.org by yourself?
is it a really fun game?
is there anywhere on the internet where people canplay it in realtime?
it looks like fun...
-SK
[color=blue]Hug a snowman, It's a cold world out there![/color]
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:54 am

Post by Sketchwick »

SK, what do the e's in EEEM stand for? jeep has told me his before but I never remember. He also founded the AMERICAN Chu Shogi Association, I have no idea if there are othe associations in the world.

I thought it was quite funny you knew the japenese and assumed drunk elephant was wrong. Chu Shogi is wicked fun. You can use the program Zillions of Games to play over the internet, but jeep and I could never get it to work. You can play e-mail games using this amazing game server I only know as pbmserv...I'm sure jeep will provide a link for it, he's much less lazy than I am.

sketchwick
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:22 am

Post by jeep »

JEEP are my initials. I have two middle names. Any guesses what they are? Sketch, you don't get to play.

I maintain www.chushogi.org all by my lonesome. We have 15 members now and several people who didn't want to become members for some reason, but still are interested in Chu Shogi. I have been lazy and haven't maintained the site very well (well, not really lazy, I've been putting together the web site to show off my daughter to friends and family. I've also been playing mafia :) ) There is also the Nippon Chu Shogi Club and Nippon Chu Shogi Renmei. The Club is strictly for selling equipment. I'm thinking about getting rid of the American in the ACSA since it's really 'English speakers.' We have a few members from Europe... Last time I spoke to the Chu Shogi Renmei, they had 10 members, but I think they are growing.

Chu Shogi is IMO the third "best" game. My list goes like this
1,2 Shogi and Go (I've heard arguments for each being the best that are quite compelling)
<big gap>
3. Chu Shogi
<small gap>
4- games like: Xiang Qi, Grand Chess, other "Chess variants"
15- games like FIDE Chess, International Draghts, other 'large' checker games

And of course there are new games that I'm not certain where they fall... like Gipf, etc. (I put together a really cool list, but I don't remember the details off the top of my head.)

Anyway, I digress.

You can play Chu Shogi real time with [url=http:\\www.zillionsofgames.com]Zillions[/url], Colin Adam's Chu Shogi program (which is frustratingly buggy), The web application that Edi and I (mostly Edi) put together, but it's only on his web server right now...

You can play via e-mail using www.gamerz.net/pbmserv.

If you ever want to play, let me know.

-JEEP
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2002 10:30 am

Post by Sketchwick »

See, I told you he'd give you the link to play over e-mail. Jeep just can't resist talking about games, even if he's at work and isn't even logged on to jabber to talk to his friends who have found all their mafia games have bogged down.

sketchwick
SaberKitty
SaberKitty
SaberKitty

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:34 pm

Post by SaberKitty »

well, as i said at the time, was rather woosy from my pain meds(bah@surgery) and still kinda am, so i just assumed that i missed some stray line when looking at his avatar which would completely change it's meaning... but then again, the meanings of the characters are the pretty much the same in japanses and chinese, it's usually the pronunciationis that are different, so who knows what i was thinking...

seriously though, what kind of person puts "drunk elephant" in thier avatar Image - and of course, i had no knowledge of the game... then again , what kind of game calls it's pieces"drunk elephant?".... it's all reletive...

i think it's elissa erin evins...but i could be wrong....

but jeep, once i familiarize myslef with the rules, i'd love to play. sounds like a lot of fun...

-SK
[color=blue]Hug a snowman, It's a cold world out there![/color]

Return to “General Discussion”