Fitness and Health

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
rb
Survivor

Pronoun: It

Post Post #3200  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:41 am

nice job

did the noodle soup improve or hinder your energy levels
beep beep im a jeep

Draynth
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #3201  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:45 am

I had a big bucket of it with me at all times while running

Definitely improved the energy levels
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS

Bins
Survivor

Pronoun: She

Post Post #3202  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:28 am

good job dude if I ran that long I would prob die
Show

Draynth
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3203  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:11 pm

thanks bins

and obviously thanks rb :D
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3204  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:28 pm

In post 3201, Draynth wrote:I had a big bucket of it with me at all times while running

Definitely improved the energy levels
You ran with a bucket of soup??
Proud owner of a rare Virtual Elbirn Hug! <3

Draynth
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3205  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:08 pm

You betcha

Who doesn't do that? It's common practice Ari

Panzerjager
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3206  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:07 pm

5 straight days in the gym. Let's keep the streak going
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=71172
Cooldog was not banned for this post. Antisemitism is ok on Mafiascum.

Get To Know A Panzer

rb
Survivor

Post Post #3207  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:01 pm

lol ari doesnt even run with noodle soup

what's wrong with you dude
beep beep im a jeep

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3208  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:03 pm

XD

I have never even considered a bucket of soup when running. Fluid mechanics imply it would be inefficient? What do I know though!

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3209  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:46 pm

Mlep

Panzerjager
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3210  (ISO)  » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:58 am

Can someone help me with getting a weightlifting routine going? Everything on the internet is like "you must back squat" but 1) i don't want to get squashed if my knee gives up(i hurt it a few years back and never got it fixed) and 2) my goal isn't to be a powerlifter..just to look nice and loss lots of fat.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=71172
Cooldog was not banned for this post. Antisemitism is ok on Mafiascum.

Get To Know A Panzer

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3211  (ISO)  » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:54 pm

I seem to be an anomaly. When sick, I eat more to keep healthy rather than less an most people do. I went from ~121 lbs to ~124 lbs with the cold I have currently which is almost comical! I may try to keep these eating habits as I get back to being healthy because it seems more than one meal a day is a good thing :P

I mean, I am expelling blood with my mucus atm, but I'll take the good with the bad XD

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #3212  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:35 am

In post 3210, Panzerjager wrote:Can someone help me with getting a weightlifting routine going? Everything on the internet is like "you must back squat" but 1) i don't want to get squashed if my knee gives up(i hurt it a few years back and never got it fixed) and 2) my goal isn't to be a powerlifter..just to look nice and loss lots of fat.

You might check out Athlean X on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe0TLA ... MjuHXevj2A
I have combined a bunch of his exercises to sort of make my own 3/4 days splits depending on how much time I have during the week. I like that he has a lot of 'non-routine' exercises that still give a nice burn.

If you want to burn some fat, try doing 5-10 minutes of HIIT after youre done lifting (I'm weak so go with 30/30 splits). I like the rowing machine because its full body, but elliptical, or just going outside and running like a lunatic works as well. Not a big bike fan for HIIT.

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3213  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:13 am

In post 3210, Panzerjager wrote:Can someone help me with getting a weightlifting routine going? Everything on the internet is like "you must back squat" but 1) i don't want to get squashed if my knee gives up(i hurt it a few years back and never got it fixed) and 2) my goal isn't to be a powerlifter..just to look nice and loss lots of fat.

Listen to shafted he gives good advice (although I haven't looked at that specific set of lifts).

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3214  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:16 am

One other thing u can do if you're concerned about your knees is do leg press instead of back squat and keep the weight relatively low.

Also make sure you warm up your hamstrings and keep things like your hamstrings and hip tendons loose, since all of that will help stabilize your knee

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3215  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:17 am

So I sprained my ankle two weekends ago and proceeded to play over 100 minutes of rugby on it this weekend. My team mate even rolled over it at one point and I'm mostly stunned I still have ligaments there tbh.

T-Bone
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3216  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:36 pm

In post 3211, Aristophanes wrote:
I mean, I am expelling blood with my mucus atm, but I'll take the good with the bad XD

ummm, this is not normal.
#TeamLizzy (or I will ban you)

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019

D3f3nd3r
Goon

Post Post #3217  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:09 pm

In post 3214, BROseidon wrote:One other thing u can do if you're concerned about your knees is do leg press instead of back squat and keep the weight relatively low.

Also make sure you warm up your hamstrings and keep things like your hamstrings and hip tendons loose, since all of that will help stabilize your knee

Investing $15 in a foam roller and doing a minute, minute and a half of it on your quads often (but especially before/after working out) would be a solid idea. They have them at my uni’s gym, too. Form is pretty much just get into a push-up/plank position and roll your body forwards and backwards so that the roller is under your quads.

Pretty sure that piece of styrofoam is the main thing keeping my left knee from being really bad. At 19. From curling.
Back to school, back to indefinite semi-V/LA. I should still be reachable through normal means though.

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3218  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:31 pm

In post 3216, T-Bone wrote:
In post 3211, Aristophanes wrote:

ummm, this is not normal.
Hahaha probably not, but oh well. It should pass soon :)

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3219  (ISO)  » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:40 pm

Okay, so Toronto Meet was a while ago now and I feel like it's time I shamed myself insetad of being proud. It was 4 days of meet and I had 3 meals in total. When I got home I was back down around 119lbs which is juuuuust above the "underweight" mark for me. I decided then that enough is enough and I have to fucking do something about it! So i started eating at work, like other than just chips. I've made some meals at home and not let them go bad. I've had meal replacement bard when I miss out on a meal for a day. I can't say I'm eating 3 square meals, but I'm eating.

Today I weighed in at 126, the most I've seen in a long time. And I felt good about it! So I'm going to keep this up and once I get to a better weight and a more solid eating routine, try lifting weights again. I decided a while ago that it was counterproductive if I wasn't eating and so I stopped. Once I'm in a good place, I'll restart. Probably for the new year tbh. I mean, it took a month and a half to get this far! But it's progress and I feel good :)

Draynth
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3220  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:44 am

Great job ari :)

BROseidon
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3221  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:50 am

That's awesome!

rb
Survivor

Post Post #3222  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:59 pm

In post 3219, Aristophanes wrote:Okay, so Toronto Meet was a while ago now and I feel like it's time I shamed myself insetad of being proud. It was 4 days of meet and I had 3 meals in total. When I got home I was back down around 119lbs which is juuuuust above the "underweight" mark for me. I decided then that enough is enough and I have to fucking do something about it! So i started eating at work, like other than just chips. I've made some meals at home and not let them go bad. I've had meal replacement bard when I miss out on a meal for a day. I can't say I'm eating 3 square meals, but I'm eating.

Today I weighed in at 126, the most I've seen in a long time. And I felt good about it! So I'm going to keep this up and once I get to a better weight and a more solid eating routine, try lifting weights again. I decided a while ago that it was counterproductive if I wasn't eating and so I stopped. Once I'm in a good place, I'll restart. Probably for the new year tbh. I mean, it took a month and a half to get this far! But it's progress and I feel good :)

G O O D J O B
beep beep im a jeep

Previous
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion