Fitness and Health

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Pronoun: He

Post Post #3125  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:16 am

In post 3115, Aristophanes wrote:most of my calories come from a bag of chips a day.

yeah...
dont do that

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3126  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:27 am

In post 3116, Bins wrote:wait, ari you’re 5 feet tall?

yeah your weight isn’t as bad then
you've met me and know I'm taller than that. my posture isnt that bad.

edit -
In post 3121, Bins wrote:ok i met ari and i was like dude's definitely not 5 feet tall but i could have bad memory
yeah, this lol
Is the proud owner of a rare Virtual Elbirn Hug! <3
"if someone can't respect u for being who u are, they are not worth having in ur life." - Firebringer the Great

Time until Avatar may be pried back from Skrew's cold dead hands: 60 days, 23 hours, 46 minutes

Panzerjager
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3127  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:03 pm

In post 3124, Bins wrote:
In post 3122, Panzerjager wrote:Isn't bmi pretty flawed for a number of reasons?

Sort of. It's flawed if you're beefy. Like if you're 210lbs and 6'3, it says you're overweight. But you could just be super muscular.

Yeah, it does take into account your frame either. I'm 6'4. Bmi say 150 pounds is reasonable although almost underweight. I'd straight up be dead before I got there.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=71172
Cooldog was not banned for this post. Antisemitism is ok on Mafiascum.

Get To Know A Panzer

Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #3128  (ISO)  » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:48 pm

Ugh, this week I was planning on going to the gym T/R/Sa since work prevented me from going Monday. Then I forgot that my gym closes at 3:30 on Saturdays so I've broken my streak of unmissed workouts. In two weeks they'll be shifting to open 21 hours a day but for now it sucks.

The rest of the week was good, though. In addition to lifting on Tuesday/Thursday, I got bored Wednesday night and decided to walk down and run on the elliptical for 30 minutes. The Oregon State / UNC College World Series game was on and I started just as OSU tied the game in the top of the eighth. My 30 minutes ended but I was still feeling good and wound up running another 20 minutes so I could finish the game. Never could have done that in college.
"I used to think that votes equaled pressure, too, back when I was alive. I've learned a lot since then. You know what does equal pressure? Pressure. Pressure equals pressure. Crazy, huh?"

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3129  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:31 am

In post 3108, Aristophanes wrote:so, my readings the past 3 mondays have been 123.6, 124.4, 122.2
121.6 this morning, and apparently the math does itself on the app for an 18.5 bmi, which it claims is underweight.

I'm doing this wrong.
wednesday i was 125.3 so i had hope for this week. oh well.
"if someone can't respect u for being who u are, they are not worth having in ur life." - Firebringer the Great

Time until Avatar may be pried back from Skrew's cold dead hands: 60 days, 23 hours, 46 minutes

DraynthHappy Birthday!
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3130  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:43 am

So over the past month you've gone
123.6 124.4 122.2 121.6 right?
Assuming none of that is water weight fluctuations (which it probably mostly is) that's like an average daily deficit of 250 calories, which is very fixable.

Have you been tracking your calories alongside your weight or just the weight?
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS

DraynthHappy Birthday!
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3131  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:44 am

Also given you went from 125 to 121 in 5 days I'd imagine most of the above changes are also water weight given its physically impossible to lose 4 pounds in 5 days unless you ate nothing at all and ran for over an hour each day too
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3132  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:26 pm

according to my app input
monday: 1453
tuesday: 1787
wednedsday: 2229
thursday: 2267
friday: 1509
saturday: 1358
sunday: 1098

most of this occurrs late in the day. sunday for example i worked 9-5 and had my only meal at 7pm. today i have not eaten yet and its already 3:30pm.

also i weigh myself in the morning after a wee, so you get an idea of external influences.

the above numbers are actually far higher than most weeks for intake too lol
water weight kinda makes sense though as it doesn't take much to effect someone this size im sure.

Bins
Survivor

Pronoun: She

Post Post #3133  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:06 pm

In post 3132, Aristophanes wrote:most of this occurrs late in the day. sunday for example i worked 9-5 and had my only meal at 7pm. today i have not eaten yet and its already 3:30pm.

ari please eat!! morning meals are important! lunch is super important!
Show

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3134  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:11 pm

In post 3133, Bins wrote:
In post 3132, Aristophanes wrote:most of this occurrs late in the day. sunday for example i worked 9-5 and had my only meal at 7pm. today i have not eaten yet and its already 3:30pm.

ari please eat!! morning meals are important! lunch is super important!
im working on it.

haven't had a break yet and the last other manager left before i could, but one of the cashiers said she'd bring me something for me to snack on while I work. So breakfast is coming. i usually eat breaky between 2pm and 4pm tbh.

this is rather typical

DraynthHappy Birthday!
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3135  (ISO)  » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:23 pm

If you struggle to eat in the morning / on the go you could make up a shake / smoothie before work?
Frozen yoghurt, peanut butter, honey, a banana & milk is my favourite but you can pretty much throw anything you want into it

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3136  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:11 am

i'll see about the smoothie idea. had considered it myself but i need a blender first. and fruits or iced cream or milk or yogurt...not usually on my shopping list tbh.

also the last 3 days I've weighed in almost the exact same which tells me thay about 2200 calories is my maintainance mark. i never expected a high metabolism and actuve lifestyle would make my life difficult lol

DraynthHappy Birthday!
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3137  (ISO)  » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:13 am

It was just an example, there are lots of ways to get calories in :D

It's good that you've reached a general maintenance level, I'd say try keep that going as close as possible for the rest of the week and you'll be pretty sure of it!

Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #3138  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:47 am

This is a full month of lifting!

Weight: 279 (Down 6 lbs from start)

Current PRs:
Deadlift: 160
Bent-Over Rows: 60
Military Press (barbell): 80
Squat: 160
Bench Press: 125
Lat Pulldown: 100.

I'm not happy with my bench; on Monday I actually failed at 115 because I could feel something in my left shoulder when I tried to lift the bar off of the rack. It didn't hurt once I was actually pressing the weight but that initial lift hurt just under the shoulder blade. Today I had no problem, though, so hopefully it was just a one-time thing.
"I used to think that votes equaled pressure, too, back when I was alive. I've learned a lot since then. You know what does equal pressure? Pressure. Pressure equals pressure. Crazy, huh?"

Panzerjager
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3139  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:08 pm

Do you use proper form when benching? Keep your feet planted on the floor and push with your feet when you explode upward. Don't arch your back.
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=71172
Cooldog was not banned for this post. Antisemitism is ok on Mafiascum.

Get To Know A Panzer

Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #3140  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:10 pm

I think so? My feet are definitely flat on the floor. I don't recall pushing with my feet but I also don't think I arch my back.

Psyche
mr. personality

Post Post #3141  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:53 pm

so im thin and fine being thin, but i want to be fit and have a well-defined body again
can i get cut and all again sticking to calisthenics routines like those available in video series like insanity?
there's only one thing we say to the god of death

DraynthHappy Birthday!
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3142  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:18 am

Don't really know anything about calisthenics, sorry psyche!
Edit: Presumably the basics of eating in a caloric surplus, enough protein etc. + working out still apply

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3143  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:02 am

til psyche and i have the same goal. we should eat and work out together and become besties.

DraynthHappy Birthday!
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3144  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:16 am

How's the weigh in for this week Ari?

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3145  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:47 am

a perplexing 124.2

I probably stayed around the 1600 calorie mark and i added a workout routine, so this doesn't really make sense to me. plus, isn't that a lot to gain in one week? on wed i weighed in at 127 after being ~121 on tuesday and undereating that day.

my body makes zero sense guys.

chamber
Cases are scummy

Post Post #3146  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:19 pm

Are you clothed when weighing yourself? Clothing can weigh a few pounds more or less. Also water weight can swing withing 5 pounds or so too.
Taking a break from the site.

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3147  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:48 pm

just pajama pants. and i thought about the water weight but it's like 35 degrees daily, pretty sure i sweat it all out lol

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3148  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:48 pm

and if it is water weight how the hell do i get an accurate reading!?

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #3149  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:02 pm

by measuring regularly over a long period of time

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion