Fitness and Health

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Bins
Survivor

Pronoun: She

Post Post #3150  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:01 pm

lmfao im 132lbs

it worked boys

shocked at weigh in
Show

rb
Survivor

Pronoun: It

Post Post #3151  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:48 am

In post 3141, Psyche wrote:so im thin and fine being thin, but i want to be fit and have a well-defined body again
can i get cut and all again sticking to calisthenics routines like those available in video series like insanity?

yes

congrats bins
beep beep im a jeep

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Pronoun: He

Post Post #3152  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:29 pm

A regular customer just told me I look like I've lost some weight.

It was probably a compliment? But it also has me concerned...
Proud owner of a rare Virtual Elbirn Hug! <3

Draynth
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3153  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:36 pm

How have the weigh ins been going?
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3154  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:48 pm

In post 3153, Draynth wrote:How have the weigh ins been going?
consistently at 122 and change the past few days, which seems about right. I have been trying to work out and eat more, but I've been really tired the past week and just haven't been feeling either. Yesterday I had a sandwhich and couldn't stomach the idea of anything else.

pisskop
Survivor

Post Post #3155  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:07 pm

Whooo, ran 70 miles over a period of 10 hours since I last posted.
I made a list
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.

Draynth
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3156  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:31 am

If the weighins haven't been going down then I wouldn't worry about it ari.

Gj pisskop!
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Draynth
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3157  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:22 am

Hey friends

So I've been looking for some alternatives for lunch in work, as I've just been eating sandwiches etc. every day and I'm getting super bored of them

I'd like to start bringing in leftovers from home (Chicken and rice / pasta, bolognese, curries and the like) and was just reading about reheating food a bit.
A lot of sources seem to be very against eating cold / reheating rice and pasta, but there is also a lot of conflicting information. Anyone have any tips / advice?
Cheers

Edit: I'd also likely be cooking something in a batch of like 4/5 portions, eat it for dinner one day and then for lunch the rest. Would most things, such as the 3 mentioned above, last that long? (They'd be kept in the fridge)
I'm perfectly happy to eat the same thing day after day for a week or two, to the disdain of my mother, so it's dead handy to cook a big batch of something to eat

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #3158  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:34 am

I always cook two days in advance, so 2 lunches and 2 dinners cooked on Sunday eaten on Monday/Tuesday.
Lunch is always rice, dinner is always pasta. They both reheat well in the microwave. The key for rice is that you need to resteam it. So you want it either in a closed (slightly vented) container, or wrapped in cling film. Pasta depends on preference, but keep in mind the microwave will likely cook it further so boil it a tad less than you would normally prefer it.

I always store my food in the fridge (freeze thawing does bad things to texture) and I find that two days is about as far as I can go without the food starting to go off. If you don't mind freezing, then you can cook in bigger batches.

Draynth
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3159  (ISO)  » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:35 am

Hmm that makes sense, thanks for the help

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3160  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:55 am

Welp, I've dipped under where I was when all this started. 120.6lbs :S

Draynth
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3161  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:57 am

Just gotta eat more food, unless you have a medical condition that's what it comes down to I'm afraid

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3162  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:12 am

In post 3161, Draynth wrote:Just gotta eat more food, unless you have a medical condition that's what it comes down to I'm afraid
Nah I'm fine, just bad at eating. I'll make a better effort. Breaksaft before 2pm for the first time in 2 weeks.

I also am going fow the smoothie breaky and whole chicken suggestions, so let's see if I can change this up!

Draynth
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3163  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:14 am

Smoothies / Shakes are a great idea, very easy to get lots of calories into them with stuff like peanut butter, honey etc.

You got this ari!

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3164  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:31 am

Yeah, I have got this!

Thanks Draynth <3

Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #3165  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:36 pm

My weight is starting to creep up a little but I think for once I can say some of that is muscle with having to use a sarcastic tone of voice.
"I used to think that votes equaled pressure, too, back when I was alive. I've learned a lot since then. You know what does equal pressure? Pressure. Pressure equals pressure. Crazy, huh?"

Draynth
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3166  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:54 am

That's great to hear Haschel :D

So I signed up for another half marathon, it's taking place on the 22nd of September (9 weeks from now)
I trained for 3 months for one last year but managed to get injured the tuesday before it and didn't take part in the end.
Hopefully I can actually do it this time, I'll be aiming for a slightly slower time than last year as I have less time to properly train, but am still really looking forward to it.

Draynth
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3167  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:57 am

Maybe I'm batshit insane but I came across this video the other day and have been watching his other videos / similar videos non stop since.

You know how people have those ideas and goals in their life? I've never felt like there was anything I've truly wanted to do, like down to my core. But watching these videos of people refusing to give up doing something as utterly insane as what they're doing just blows my mind, and makes me want to do one.

I'm probably just crazy right?

Draynth
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3168  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:12 am

In post 3164, Aristophanes wrote:Yeah, I have got this!

Thanks Draynth <3

In post 3165, Haschel Cedricson wrote:My weight is starting to creep up a little but I think for once I can say some of that is muscle with having to use a sarcastic tone of voice.

I'm expecting updates from both of you by the end of the week fyi

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #3169  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:54 am

Got tired of my stick legs so did my first batch of calf exercises yesterday
The pain is more than expected, and I basically flop down the stairs now

Draynth
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3170  (ISO)  » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:55 am

Buy a big sled!
Or one of those stairlifts!

Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #3171  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:48 am

In post 3168, Draynth wrote:
In post 3165, Haschel Cedricson wrote:My weight is starting to creep up a little but I think for once I can say some of that is muscle with having to use a sarcastic tone of voice.

I'm expecting updates from both of you by the end of the week fyi

Things have been going okay? Because of work/childcare I haven't been able to keep 100% to my schedule, but I've been doing the best I can. Even when I couldn't lift I managed to do cardio a few evenings.

Deadlift is up to 185, Dumbbell Bent-Over Rows are up to 70. Military press is still at 80 pounds but instead of my sets going 60/70/70/80/80(four only on the last one) today I managed to do 70/80/80/80/80. I forget my squat numbers but I've generally been improving at the same rate as the deadlift. Lat pulldowns are now at 120.

The bench press still remains my worst lift by far. I can't get past 125 yet. I tried 130 a few weeks ago and wound up pinned to the bench with nobody else in the building. I rolled it off but it took a while and hurt like hell.

I'm a little frustrated right now, though, because while I'm physically stronger and objectively in better shape than I've been in since I was on the tennis team in high school I can't help but feel like a fat disgusting ball of garbage. Two weekends ago my wife took a picture of me at the fair that was from a side angle and my stomach was disgustingly prominent in profile. My dad and I went and bought new clothes today for a business presentation we have on Friday, and my waist size was actually a size BIGGER than it was at the start of the year. Most of my shirts are 2X, but I tried on a 3X for some cuts of shirt and they felt better and didn't look like I was wearing a tent. So yeah, my self-image is basically getting kicked in the dick right now.

Sorry, I don't want to turn this into a post for the Sad Thread so I'll stop. But anyway, that's where I'm at right now for better or worse.
"I used to think that votes equaled pressure, too, back when I was alive. I've learned a lot since then. You know what does equal pressure? Pressure. Pressure equals pressure. Crazy, huh?"

rb
Survivor

Pronoun: It

Post Post #3172  (ISO)  » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:02 am

I wouldn't worry too much about lift progression at this stage, you've only been lifting for what a few months?

just focus on form, the strength will come. sounds like you're overworking yourself a bit anyway, if you're getting pinned under the bar benching...slow down. rather than trying to do 5x5 130, why not do some volume at 105? kick down the weight, do some more reps a bit lower, then build back up

you'll build strength that way and you can achieve a small goal in the process. when i plateau'd on deadlifts the first time, i dropped the weight by 30kg, and upped the reps. then i slowly added weight, down the reps and broke through the plateau in the next month

think laterally about progression, rather than linearly. the goal of increasing weight is arbitrary, there are other things to improve, which will eventually translate to increasing weight anyway
beep beep im a jeep

Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3173  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:59 am

In post 3168, Draynth wrote:I'm expecting updates from both of you by the end of the week fyi
Well, I'm hovering at 122 which is good I guess. I uh, didn't update because it's not really anything. I haven't kept a morning breakfast routine and I am eating in waves - a lot one day, very little for a couple (read: 2-5), then remembering it's important again. I was overworked for a couple weeks with 60ish hours so I gave up on working out since it's too much effort and I am just tired a lot. I basically have slipped into my old habits and don't know if I can break them.

I'm not even hungry most of the time so I don't notice when I haven't eaten. When I do eat I get really hot and tired afterwards which is offputting and a very uncomfortable feeling (tho apparently it's a thing - veins dilate and blood flows to the stomach so less gets to the brain causing tiredness while the body haats up to digest the food) which actually deters me further. Like, I function and feel better when I don't eat which is just stupid. Lol

Anyway, big failure thus far on my part.

pisskop
Survivor

Post Post #3174  (ISO)  » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:48 am

>.>

<.<

196lbs.

I've been gyming hard enough; and running more than ever, but my diet is oatmeal cookies, diet soda, and cheese on crackers.
I made a list
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion