Survivor Season 37: Reliving High School

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Awoo
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #8725  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:16 pm

Sorry I'm literally incapable for cheering for anyone but the bad guys sry i'll go now

Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8726  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:29 pm

In post 8723, Klick wrote:So what actually happened in this episode? The votes make no sense based on the narrative we were given. Christian/Davie were the status quo Alison voters, that makes sense; but Mike and Alison voted for Davie, and Nick/Kara/Angelina voted Christian. I don't get how these groups of people wound up voting the way they did.

The only explanation I can think of right now is that everyone went against Christian and Davie, splitting the vote on the two of them. But that doesn't quite seem right.

That’s exactly what happened

Crazy
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8727  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:27 pm

In post 8712, Irrelephant11 wrote:Complex tribe theory???
What a good season

Can someone briefly explain to me what this is? Because I feel like I could make the argument that any of the pre-merge tribes were reasonably complex... is there always a consensus in the Edgic community about what the complex tribe is while a season is airing? Is it about positivity, too? What's the criteria for a complex tribe, exactly?

It was also all this talk about there being a "winner scene" in the first episode that put me on to Davie early on this season... so I'm wondering if this complex tribe stuff is something else I'm missing.

Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8728  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:21 am

I’m no mouthpiece for the Edgic community, I just follow along with it sometimes
But my understanding is that the tribe who gets the most airtime + whose relationships are explained the most in-depth has the winner on it. This season it was a pretty popular idea that the David tribe and the Brochacho tribe (I forget its real name, the post-swap tribe that won every immunity challenge) were the complex ones

Cephrir
Survivor

Post Post #8729  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:18 am

I thought David was a lot clearer than postswap. If a goliath somehow won I would ignore that theory for the rest of time.
"I would prefer not to."

hiplop
Jury Darling

Post Post #8730  (ISO)  » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:03 pm

In post 8729, Cephrir wrote:I thought David was a lot clearer than postswap. If a goliath somehow won I would ignore that theory for the rest of time.
third best scummer of all time

Agent Sparkles
Goon

Post Post #8731  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:45 pm

After some thinking I've decided I'd also be satisfied if Nick lost to Davie. As long as it's one of those two
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." -Oscar Levant

Skelda
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8732  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:42 pm

Oh if Nick loses to Davie I'd be thrilled. I think Davie might be a slightly better player actually. But editwise it makes no sense, I do not see Davie being presented like this if he won.

I'd be happy with any winner I think. I guess I don't particularly want Mike to win, but if he somehow did at least we'd all be surprised.

Agent Sparkles
Goon

Post Post #8733  (ISO)  » Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:43 pm

I think Mike is in a much better position now that he's orchestrated Christian's exit. He still doesn't seem like the most deserving winner, but at least he'd be a likable enough one. The only winner that would honestly piss me off is Angelina, she's worse than Kellyn. Other Goliaths would be okay but not very fulfilling
"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." -Oscar Levant

Crazy
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8734  (ISO)  » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:40 pm

None of these players remaining seem like they would be especially great winners, but I guess that's okay. I don't think a strong winner is a requirement for a good season, and usually I'd say good seasons tend to have worse winners.

Davie has voted in the minority 3 times, which is on par with Fabio. Kara is good at laying low and surviving, I guess. Alison has been a "big threat" for a couple votes while still surviving, though I'm not sure how much she had to do with that. Mike is actually playing well strategically but I'm assuming the jury won't vote for someone so successful. Nick is someone who I would have considered a fantastic player a couple weeks ago, but since Final 9 his game has gone a bit off the rails. And then there's Angelina, who's hilarious but that's about it...

I'd be generally happy with anyone winning, though I do hope the winner isn't someone who only makes it to the end by virtue of idols/challenges/firemaking in these last couple of rounds. But I'm just saying that because I'm still reading a Davie win and I'm not sure how else he gets there. IMO his edit is a lot more generous than his actual game has been.

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #8735  (ISO)  » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:06 am

Nick wins.
get to know a reckoner

#EmeraldProud

Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8736  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:08 pm

Kinda pulling for anyone-but-Nick at this point. In a season where I’ve been surprised multiple times by my of-the-moment winner prediction going home, I’d be much more satisfied if he also lost.
That said, I predict Nick will win.

Skelda
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8737  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:08 pm

I kind of agree with you and Nick's been my winner pick for a long time too, but I really do think he wins and I like being right so it isn't so bad. I would love Davie or Kara to surprise us though.

Agent Sparkles
Goon

Post Post #8738  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Angelina gets to the end and uses her EXPERT NEGOTIATING SKILLS to win by 20 jury votes and all of their jackets

xofelf
Miss Mash

Pronoun: She

Post Post #8739  (ISO)  » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:37 pm

Actually at the finale, Sia is going to show up and give Angelina her jacket.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Xof has a new place for you to ask her questions. Do it upppp
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697

theelkspeaks
Goon

Post Post #8740  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:55 pm

I'm not sure if I still have to make a pick or not, but my pick order going into the finale is

Kara > Nick > Davie > Allison > Mike > Angelina

Chart's not loading for me for some reason

Chevre
Honourable Mention

Post Post #8741  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:38 pm

A scandal has rocked our village of West Covina!

Annadog40 (9:45pm)
If I was Brain surgery, would I be a dog?

Crazy
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8742  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:23 pm

A pretty average finale for a great season. I was oddly set on Davie winning but after he left Nick's win was pretty obvious, and we get a truly pointless and anticlimactic firemaking challenge. The FTC was decent, though, and not a complete blowout for Nick like I was expecting. I thought it was odd that they showed people tearing up over Mike's speech, because it didn't feel like he was saying anything...

Also, from an edgic standpoint, I think this makes Nick the first winner to have a mixed tone in the premiere?

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #8743  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:17 am

I felt the same way about Mike's speech. Lots of rambling and word vomit that meant and said nothing.

Not a super exciting winner, but one of the all time great seasons. Not sure it edges out anything in my Top 5 (HvV, PI, Micronesia, China, and Cagayan) but I could see it getting better with age and supplanting either Cagayan or China eventually.
get to know a reckoner

#EmeraldProud

Irrelephant11
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8744  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:06 am

I liked Mike’s “I’m normally very intense, but I’m an actor and the pet of my game you saw as weak was me intentionally playing a laidback character”
Nick’s comeback stole most of that thunder but I thought Mike had a good tribal
Boring episode yes but imo final tribal council was a lot more competitive than I thought it would be

theelkspeaks
Goon

Post Post #8745  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:57 am

Season limped a little to the finish but still enough to get a spot on the lower end of my top 10, probably somewhere around #8. I still really liked this season though, and Nick is a really interesting winner

Agent Sparkles
Goon

Post Post #8746  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:54 pm

NICK MY MAN

Agent Sparkles
Goon

Post Post #8747  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:01 pm

I actually thought this was a great finale. It made me question what I already believed and did a pretty good job establishing Mike as a threat for someone who was never all that likely to win. It also cranked up the Angelina villain arc which made it that much more satisfying when she lost.

Agent Sparkles
Goon

Post Post #8748  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:02 pm

I felt the same way about Mike's FTC performance, I thought his actual game was better than his argument for it was

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8749  (ISO)  » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:39 pm

AUBRY IS BACK

AYYYYY

Nick's fine whatever.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion