All-Star Survivor

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:01 pm

Post by Cubsfan4life »

Mariano has never received a vote at TC yet that is correct here were the times he actually ATTENDED Tribal Council

Round 4- He got everyone to vote for Cesternino, and got him to vote for Alicia since they were in an "alliance"

Round 10- Had immunity

Round 11- Had immunity

Round 12- Rallied his alliance of 5 to oust Alicia, Alicia thought they had an alliance and voted Rupert. Shii Ann didn't because her strategy is just going with the flow

Round 13- Obviously the alliance of 5 ousted Shii Ann, Shii voted Amber for reasons she stated at TC

I know it's easy for us to say "Those morons, they need to get rid of Rob/Amber" but all of them think that Rob has the intention of going to the final 2 with them. I think that Big Tom will be voted off next week :cry:, I think that Rob will want Jenna in the final 3 with him since he can pretty much be assured the final immunity and he can't get Rupert out over Tom since then Jenna might want revenge and team up with Tom. I think he's put himself in a bad position by creating all of these alliances. He votes Tom off then there is a very good chance that it will be Jenna and Rupert VS. Amber and Rob at the final 4. Also, I'm glad Shii Ann is out, she is so annoying and I hate how every vote she'd be "strategically blah blah blah" she had no strategy and just did what everyone else did. When you KNOW you're out once you lose immunity why just join the bandwagon and vote Alicia cast a vote for Rob just to soften his ego a bit. I also hopes she now realizes she made it far only because they know she was not a threat what so ever.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:47 pm

Post by CoolBot »

Tom's pretty much the last person that'll be voted off next week. The remaining for teaming up against Tom likely results in a tie the following week. So Tom basically will choose whether to go with Rob & Amber or Rupe & Jenna. And it looks like he'll go with Rob & Amber.
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:38 pm

Post by Cubsfan4life »

but don't you remember that Amber, Jenna, Rob, and Rupert formed a final 4 agreement
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:59 pm

Post by blackhawk »

But guess what Robs got an aliance with everyone that final four agreement means nothing to him!
But what would really suck is if rob went to the final 3 and lost immunity and didnt get chosen to go to the final two
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:18 pm

Post by Cubsfan4life »

blackhawk wrote: But what would really suck is if rob went to the final 3 and lost immunity and didnt get chosen to go to the final two

that won't happen, they all want Boston Rob in the final 2 alongside them
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2004 3:59 am

Post by TBuG »

If Rob wins the final immunity and takes Amber, I think Amber will win.
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2004 4:06 am

Post by CoolBot »

cubsfan4life wrote:but don't you remember that Amber, Jenna, Rob, and Rupert formed a final 4 agreement
Sure I do. But I also remember Tom's alliance with Rob
before
that. Besides, Rob & Amber have showed themselves to be completely willing to drop an ally if it suits them.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2004 5:13 am

Post by MeMe »

Cubsfan4life wrote:that won't happen, they all want Boston Rob in the final 2 alongside them
You think? I hope that if Rob's in the final 2 that the jury does the right thing and hands him the win. He's played the game the
entire time
(unlike Shii who only started scheming in the last few episodes) and he's proven himself a formidable challenge force.

I really hope that they consider making a future series of Survivor tribeless. Too much seems to hang on who's on your tribe to begin...even when they switch it up, the new bonds can never overtake those made in the first weeks. I think it would be fascinating to put everyone together from Day 1 -- either making
every
challenge individual (with the first 50% of participants finishing becoming the "immunity group" who doesn't attend tribal council -- or the first finishers being the only ones who are allowed to vote...for anyone of the non-finishers...
something
different); or another option would be to have everyone put together but arbitrarily split them up for challenge teams. Wouldn't it be awesome for half of the tribe to win a reward like steaks and have to eat them in front of the losers? Things are just getting a little predictable.

No matter how smart it is to get rid of Rob or Amber -- the original tribal lines are too strong...and they're ALWAYS too strong in every single episode. Shake it up, Burnett!
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2004 7:13 am

Post by CoolBot »

I like the tribeless idea. It could really minimize the Pagonging at the end of the season. And if Burnett's completly wedded to the idea of tribes, have them live on the same beach, so alliances can be formed across tribe lines.

I also think the All-Star idea has been a disappointment, mostly because everyone seems to have known each other beforehand. The only real mistake so far was Lex trusting Rob, and I doubt he wouldn've done so if he wasn't friends with him.

Anyway, it really hasn't been smart to get rid of Rob or Amber yet. Why leave a strong alliance to try to organize five or six people to oust someone, when you can do it later with only one or two?
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2004 7:21 am

Post by Cubsfan4life »

All Stars has been disappointing in the sense that everyone we look forward to seeing again was voted off early. The only person left I was really excited about seeing again is Rob. I like MeMe's idea, I can see Brunett doing that in a future survivor series. Did it annoy anyone else when Shii Ann was "bragging" about all the people she beat

yeah all of those people were targets before they ever came into the game, hate to tell you sweetie but you're NOT a better player than Richard Hatch.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2004 7:25 am

Post by CoolBot »

Yeah, we all know when you're part of an alliance and your the last one voted off of that alliance, everyone's afraid of you obvious skills. :roll: Shii Ann's problem was she always talked about strategy, but never really took the time to make one.
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat May 01, 2004 11:30 am

Post by Cubsfan4life »

CoolBot wrote:Shii Ann's problem was she always talked about strategy, but never really took the time to make one.
Couldn't agree with you more!

Every vote "This is a strategic move", oh please, following around what the others are doing is hardly strategic, did she really think voting for Lex helped her case at all?
spookylou
spookylou
Townie
spookylou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2004 8:10 pm

Post by spookylou »

I cannot wait for Sunday. It is getting down and dirty. Did you see Big Toms look to Rob? Can we say stink eye. I think Rob is playing really well but, do not see him taking home the money. Did you see the jurors looks at TC? Bitter Bitter. Rob and Amber now have the cars and each other. Go Rupert!
[size=75]I am a work in progress[/size]
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2004 4:25 am

Post by CoolBot »

I'm a really surprised they voted Tom out. All it does it make a tie much more likely for the F4. Possibly the biggest misstep by Rob & Amber.

Any idea on what the big surprise is?

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2004 5:17 am

Post by Guest »

I do not have any idea what surprise is. they showed Amber crying etc. leading us on that maybe Rob gets voted out. but, they always do that. Should be good.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2004 7:53 am

Post by MeMe »

Once again I wondered "what didn't we see??" Why on
earth
would Rob & Amber decide to get rid of the putz who was voting with them and who is no mental threat? I have to kind of assume that Rupert and/or Jenna did some scrambling to make Tom look less solid than he was. That's pure speculation, but the only thing that makes sense.

I also don't get everyone's baby attitude about Amber getting the car -- after all, she did come in second in that reward challenge...she deserved to win it more than the other three.

Theories floated on the "Survivor Blows" message boards about the big surprise are...
1) Rob pops the question to Amber (though Jiffy said on "The View" that the surprise has nothing to do with Romber)
2) The winner gets more than a mill
3) The jury will be comprised of more than just the ousted since Lex...perhaps everyone from Tina on up gets to act as jurors
4) A second million gets awarded to the "most popular" contestant
5) Sue Hawk shows up with an "Extreme Makeover" (which is, apparently, true -- though many think this isn't THE surprise)

Just thought I'd throw these out.
BlueSin
BlueSin
Unique
BlueSin
Unique
Unique

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2004 5:37 pm

Post by BlueSin »

the finale is showing on sunday?
CurtainDog
CurtainDog
Goon
CurtainDog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2004 10:50 pm

Post by CurtainDog »

*Dreads the 9 or so hours between everyone knowing and it being shown on tv over here*

I still remember my survivor 1 experience:
PersonA: I know who wins survivor.
Me: Don't tell me!!! I'm watching it tonight.
PersonA: Don't worry, I won't tell you who he is.
Me: *expletive deleted*
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2004 4:07 am

Post by Cubsfan4life »

That's got to suck Curtaindog, I HATE SPOILERS!!! :evil:

I hope Rupert and Jenna will be smart enough to realize that they can not backstab each other and MUST force a tie. We have yet to have an all stars tiebreaker I wonder what it will be. To be honest though they only peson that deserves to win is Rob. The others have done nothing this entire game except do whatever Rob told them to. I can picture Amber being all smiley tonight (since she has a good shot at winning) but I just roll my eyes. Rupert is definitley the nicest guy left but still doesn't deserve to win.

So as much as I don't like him

GO ROB!
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2004 4:08 am

Post by Cubsfan4life »

I hope Rupert and Jenna will be smart enough to realize that they can not backstab each other and MUST force a tie. We have yet to have an all stars tiebreaker I wonder what it will be. To be honest though they only peson that deserves to win is Rob. The others have done nothing this entire game except do whatever Rob told them to. I can picture Amber being all smiley tonight (since she has a good shot at winning) but I just roll my eyes. Rupert is definitley the nicest guy left but still doesn't deserve to win.

So as much as I don't like him

GO ROB!
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2004 4:08 am

Post by Cubsfan4life »

I hope Rupert and Jenna will be smart enough to realize that they can not backstab each other and MUST force a tie. We have yet to have an all stars tiebreaker I wonder what it will be. To be honest though they only peson that deserves to win is Rob. The others have done nothing this entire game except do whatever Rob told them to. I can picture Amber being all smiley tonight (since she has a good shot at winning) but I just roll my eyes. Rupert is definitley the nicest guy left but still doesn't deserve to win. So as much as I don't like him..

GO ROB!
nard054
nard054
Goon
nard054
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2004 9:16 am

Post by nard054 »

I've enjoyed this season, but I don't think they should do another all-stars. People already came in with friendships and grudges. The best players (for the most part) were voted out early, and look who is left. Rob is the only one that deserves to be there (although I'm glad Amber is because she was my favorite in Australia and All Stars). So I agree, Rob should win.

As for the surprise, I've heard all of the things Meme said. But I also heard that Amber is pregnant :lol: (which is completely not true, but I did read an article on it and I thought it was hilarious). But I'm thinking maybe one of the other contestants is pregnant...?

And by the way, The Survivor 1 DVD comes out on the 11th. I can't wait...I didn't see any of that season except the finale. I think its decently priced too....around $40 for 5 discs.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2004 9:36 am

Post by CoolBot »

So Rob & Amber are apparently getting married. I'm not sure I'd base a long term relationship based on 40-odd days on a reality show, but different strokes and all that.

Is anyone going to vote for the 2nd million? I'm thinking of voting Rob M., since that entire game was shape by him. Sadly, I think Rupert will wind in a landslide.
nard054
nard054
Goon
nard054
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2004 10:13 am

Post by nard054 »

Rupert will win. Look at the CBS popularity poll--people love him for some reason :roll: . Anyway, they spent more time together after they were done playing the game. They had at least three months without cameras around.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2004 10:33 am

Post by MeMe »

I'm not voting for the second million giveaway as I agree that it'd be a futile vote...they've probably already inscribed Rupert's name on the check.

But, if it were up to me, Rob M. wouldn't get it as he's marrying a millionaire (though he deserved to win it this season)...and, let me just say that having a bona fide couple as the final two rather took the horror out of Amber winning. I was mildly pissed, but just knowing that Rob gets to share it made it not so awful. And, ugh, I wish they'd get rid of that final Tribal Council altogether. I dread it -- it just brings out the absolute worst in all the jury. Basically it comes down to "I'm not the winner, so I'm going to make you both feel as guilty as possible for beating me." Yuck. Tom & Lex need some serious therapy (hypocritical asses) and Alicia needs a good kick in the butt.

So...back to the matter at hand...I'd like to see Rob Cesternino get the second million. I certainly hope that a good player/strategist is awarded the cash. I mean, Rupert can be a Rit-dye spokesperson and make a million that way, can't he?

Return to “General Discussion”