All-Star Survivor

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2004 11:06 am

Post by Cubsfan4life »

The final episode/reuinion was all right for me. It was rather predictable and I thought the whole proposal was cheesy and I have doubts the relationship will work. I think Rob should have won but it doesn't really matter. I don't like this whole second million since like it's been said Rupert has it locked up. I did enjoy hearing their pleas though. Rob C "I'll give half to Rupert, take Big Tom out to dinner.." he wants it a lot. As for the jury speeches, a little immature if you ask me. Notice how the only three jurors that weren't betrayed (Jenna, Rupert, and Shii Ann) were the ones that offered kinder words while the ones Romber did backstab were pissed off. I don't agree with you Meme when you said TOM was being hypocritical as I don't think he ever really backstabbed anybody, his whole thing was actually quite entertaining especially when he went to offer Rob his hand and then pulled it back. Lex, on the other hand, my gosh that whole speech I'm like "Puh-Lease" it's not more than a game it's just a silly lil' game (like Richard Hatch put it, that guy can be pretty wise) also he (Lex) was being so hypocritical didn't he agree with Colby and Ethan to vote out Jerri, did he? Wait, I'm pretty sure he wrote down C-O-L-B-Y. I didn't like how of Amber's 4 votes, 3 of them (Lex's, Alicia's and Tom's) were more votes AGAINST Rob then for Amber, the only one voting FOR Amber was Shii Ann, while Rob's 3 votes were all FOR him to win

I'm hoping this next season can be better all stars wasn't as good as I hoped it would be
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2004 3:20 pm

Post by CoolBot »

I thought Tom was childish, but not a hypocrite. During the game, there was no indication that Tom was actually following any pre-game agreement with Lex. I think if Lex & Kathy hadn't said anything about Tom, he probably would've made it to the final three.

The final speech that really threw me was Alicia's. She was truly trusting an alliance forged right at the merge?
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2004 4:47 pm

Post by MeMe »

My comment about Tom's hypocrisy came from the reunion show when he was so angry about Rob's confessionals where he talked about how dumb he thought Tom & his son were. I remember Tom doing a "wicked witch is dead" jig when Sue left...and being quite derogatory regarding Rupert's "slobbering" over his wife. As Shii said, "people in glass houses..."

And I HATED that pull-the-hand-away move of Tom's. That's the sort of unkind thing that just makes me want to spit. I was horrified that anyone over the age of 8 would do that...even Jeff looked rather shocked. I was half-worried he was gonna leave Rob hanging at the reunion, too. Jerk.

I've actually thought about trying to track down Hatch's email address and inviting him to play mafia here...I think this would be right up his alley! Don't you all?
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed May 12, 2004 11:46 pm

Post by Norinel »

Why stop with Rich? We could invite all sorts of people (I know people have found contact info for various Mole contestants) and have Celebrity Mafia!

On a more skeptical note, unless you have to look
really
hard to find his address, he's probably getting about a thousand e-mails a day from fawning admirers, so one asking him to start a new hobby will probably get overlooked.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2004 4:23 am

Post by MeMe »

I know...which is why I've only "thought about" it...though he's really missing out, in my opinion!
Cubsfan4life
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
Cubsfan4life
A guy can dream, right?
A guy can dream, right?

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2004 9:22 am

Post by Cubsfan4life »

He probably would be really good at this...
Gaspode'sTooLazyToLogin
Gaspode'sTooLazyToLogin
Gaspode'sTooLazyToLogin

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2004 10:56 am

Post by Gaspode'sTooLazyToLogin »

It would be really hilarious if he already does play mafia. Who knows, maybe he's MeMe!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2004 11:32 am

Post by MeMe »

Yeah...poor Dirge...
NanookTheWolf
NanookTheWolf
R.I.P. He trusted mathcam.
NanookTheWolf

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2004 5:27 pm

Post by NanookTheWolf »

Well, I watched the after the reunion episode tonight, and am glad that Rupert got the million, he deserved it. The next spot that they chose for survivor is pretty predictable, another island, but I'll still be watching it..
spookylou
spookylou
Townie
spookylou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2004 6:38 pm

Post by spookylou »

I am always excited to see there will be another Survivor! I love that it has the aspect of cannibals and things. Maybe somebody will be dinner. :P

I voted for Rupert to win million and knew he would win. Glad he did and hope he does good things with the money.
[size=75]I am a work in progress[/size]
spookylou
spookylou
Townie
spookylou
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu May 13, 2004 6:40 pm

Post by spookylou »

Meme said: I mean, Rupert can be a Rit-dye spokesperson and make a million that way, can't he?

LOL :D
[size=75]I am a work in progress[/size]
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:15 am

Post by Talitha »

Just watched the final episode... a bit disappointed at the anticlimax of Rob & Amber going to the final two. But I hope they'll be very happy, etc etc.

And I'm glad to hear that Rupert gets the 2nd million.. I'm a closet fan... he's so cute... and nice guys don't always have to come last!

Ehh.. I can understand some of the hard feelings that went on. Lots of these people were friends before the show, and then lived together like a family for several weeks. That's one of the things I don't like about Survivor.... you have to trust others to get further in the game, and it's this trust which means people also get truly hurt.

Good entertainment though.

And if Richard Hatch comes to mafiascum I'm leaving, heh, seriously. :)
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:58 am

Post by MeMe »

It's my firm belief that if the Survivor cast were made up of mafia players, there'd be a lot less hard feelings. I think those on this board are getting tutored in how to separate gameplay from real-life...even though, for me, feelings
still
creep in to game situations...when I step back I can readily accept that all's fair in mafia (and Survivor).

Maybe if someone conducted a group mafia game around the campfire on night 1, things would go more smoothly?
nard054
nard054
Goon
nard054
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:16 am

Post by nard054 »

I think if I was out there I would definately initiate mafia games. The others would most likely not be experienced in mafia, and therefore you could detect alliances and grudges before they become a factor in the game of survivor. Also, I've read interviews that say boredom is a huge factor out there, so mafia would provide some entertainment.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:31 pm

Post by Talitha »

I can separate gameplay from real-life... (usually :P) ... but those Survivor people are living it 24 hours a day... cooperating in order to have the basics of life... They don't have anybody else, they just have each other. I don't think they can separate it from real life, because it is their whole life for the weeks that they are there.

Plus nobody here is offering big cash prizes for winning.. what's up with that? :wink:
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:07 am

Post by MeMe »

I'm know you're right, Talitha. Every season I watch the show and am amazed by the betrayal most people feel (e.g. Kathy this time around saying that Rob was "just so sad" for turning on Lex and her)...but that's not what I'm talking about with the hurt feelings. I'm talking more about when it gets carried past the game -- like Lex & Tom did this time around. Given the benefit of perspective and your family to remind you of what's "real," it should all fall into place that the people screwing you over are doing so because they want to win. I think it's just pride and a need to defend their emotional behavior as somehow more righteous that drives people to carry it on into real world situations.

I mean -- I'm sure you hated me in DP9.
I
hated me. But it's obvious that, given perspective, that's not held against me and, as you pointed out, there aren't even any stakes (except imaginary ones) in a mafia game. Who can truly fault anyone for playing even harder to win where the stakes could change a life? I think Richard Hatch has it right and I loved him (for the very first time) during the reunion show.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:51 pm

Post by Talitha »

No I didn't hate you in DP9.. maybe hated
playing against you
for a few minutes there... ;) But in mafia, I know that there are going to be scum... without scum there is no game. If you weren't trying your best to win you would've been doing a disservice to me and everyone else in the game.

For some reason I just don't like the dastardly evil tactics in Survivor though... I hated the guy on the last series who told them all his grandmother died! I think when you're face to face and living with people, you should treat them with human decency. Just my opinion though.

Return to “General Discussion”