Rise of the CCCP

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
pablito
Best LSG/MishMash Player

Pronoun: He

Post Post #1100  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:33 am

Crowd services department. Info centers and queue management.
Sup, later.

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1101  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:12 am

Ooh you get to be the cat herder
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

GTKAS Jiffy! (Part 1) || GTKAS Jerfy (The Sequel!) || How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart) || In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

Gorny
Goon

Post Post #1102  (ISO)  » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:49 pm

South suburbs here @ Downtown sometimes.

Cabd
Every Breath You Take

Post Post #1103  (ISO)  » Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:02 pm

In post 1100, pablito wrote:Crowd services department. Info centers and queue management.

That was a fucking pr disaster and I do not envy you right now.
Rule Breaker: a weapon that materializes the divinity of the witch of betrayal. It will find your ribs eventually.

pablito
Best LSG/MishMash Player

Post Post #1104  (ISO)  » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:45 pm

It was quite fun. It was a lot of just letting people bitch and vent, but I knew it was going to be a shitshow from the start when I saw the design of the event. They thought certain things would be more exciting to their audience, when in reality they just wanted to play the game. And everyone knows Grant Park never gets service no matter how much you add bandwidth. This was true. Nobody got angry at me, specifically, and it was nice meeting people that travelled all over just for this. Just tried to get people excited about the grand city of Chicago. Successful on that end!

I was originally supposed to be at info tent, and that would've been horrible. I got assigned to be in the field instead.
Sup, later.

Marquis
Survivor

Post Post #1105  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:20 pm

I'll be in Chicago for a conference next month, and because of my flight plans I have to check out of my hotel the morning of Oct 15 but have that whole Sunday to do something in the city (while lugging around a backpack and suitcase) before my flight home!

If anyone has ideas of how I can spend my time while not absolutely killing my back+suitcase wheels, let me know, because I'm not too eager to just sit in a United economy terminal for like 12+ hours.
link in bio

Cabd
Every Breath You Take

Post Post #1106  (ISO)  » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:25 pm

Luckily for you, all the CTA trains are luggage accommodating. If you've got a few hours, there's plenty to do. What sort of thing would be your pace?
Rule Breaker: a weapon that materializes the divinity of the witch of betrayal. It will find your ribs eventually.

penguin_alien
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1107  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:46 am

Also, a lot of hotels will hold your luggage for you even after you check out. If you have that long before your flight it would likely be worth the backtracking.

Thestatusquo
Shea

Post Post #1108  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:23 am

Where is your hotel and where do you want to go? I would gladly allow you to store luggage at my apt, but I live very far north so that would probably be inconvenient for you if you're staying downtown which seems most likely.
SleepyKrew: The dankest memer east or west of the Mississippi
only 5 slots left in Bad Idea Mafia!

Marquis
Survivor

Post Post #1109  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:03 am

I'll be at the Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel and Convention Center - so actually a bit removed from the city itself.

I'll definitely call up the hotel and ask if them holding my luggage is an option, since if I go into Chicago I'd have to backtrack in the direction of O'Hare anyway (and thanks for the offer Shea - I'll let you know if I'm in need, but if the hotel agrees they operate an airport shuttle anyway so it should all be good). Still no concrete ideas on what to do because everyone else I'm going with was able to find an early flight, but I'm checking out theatre options and looking at just general sightseeing possibilities.
link in bio

Cabd
Every Breath You Take

Post Post #1110  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:09 pm

(expired on 2018-01-17 14:59:48)

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1111  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:21 pm

I'll be in Chi-town for the 2018 Cold Wave festival, probably end of September? Dates haven't been released yet. Kinda pissed I missed 2017 but I already saw KMFDM a few years ago and Stabbing Westward last year so I'll live. Maybe I'll get lucky and Gravity Kills / VNV Nation get booked.

Anyway keep an eye out for your favorite Jiffy near the end of September, probably.

GTKAS Jiffy! (Part 1) || GTKAS Jerfy (The Sequel!) || How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart) || In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

Thestatusquo
Shea

Post Post #1112  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:40 pm

my favorite jiffy is chunky.

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1113  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:53 pm

Well then have I got some good news for you, buddy

Momrangal
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1114  (ISO)  » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:39 pm

Heyhihello

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1115  (ISO)  » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:59 pm

New account huh?

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1116  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:53 pm

In post 1111, Majiffy wrote:I'll be in Chi-town for the 2018 Cold Wave festival, probably end of September? Dates haven't been released yet. Kinda pissed I missed 2017 but I already saw KMFDM a few years ago and Stabbing Westward last year so I'll live. Maybe I'll get lucky and Gravity Kills / VNV Nation get booked.

Anyway keep an eye out for your favorite Jiffy near the end of September, probably.

Dates announced, Sept 20-23rd

If anyone would like to put me up for the weekend I will provide you with a ticket to the festival, a good amount of alcohol, and my lovely shining presence.

Thestatusquo
Shea

Post Post #1117  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:10 pm

sorry I'll be in buffalo for exactly that weekend.

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1118  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:23 pm

Lol

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #1119  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:24 pm

Offer open to everyone except Shea because I can't stand him for more than a few hours at a time

Equinox
Shot Count

Post Post #1120  (ISO)  » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:15 am

I may be in Chicago sometime in April with potentially a few hours to spend. Anyone up for lunch or have any ideas of cool things accessible by public transport to do?
revise and resubmit

Cabd
Every Breath You Take

Post Post #1121  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:19 pm

In post 1120, Equinox wrote:I may be in Chicago sometime in April with potentially a few hours to spend. Anyone up for lunch or have any ideas of cool things accessible by public transport to do?

Would depend which airport/train station/etc you'd be in, and what day of the week. Do you know those details yet? PM if you'd rather not post.

Llamarble
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122  (ISO)  » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:35 pm

If you have a few hours we could go rock climbing at First Ascent. Also if anyone in Chicago wants to join sometime, let me know! I go pretty much every Saturday.

Thestatusquo
Shea

Post Post #1123  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:55 am

In post 1120, Equinox wrote:I may be in Chicago sometime in April with potentially a few hours to spend. Anyone up for lunch or have any ideas of cool things accessible by public transport to do?

Where will you be in Chicago?

Thestatusquo
Shea

Post Post #1124  (ISO)  » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:56 am

Note: None of the airports are in Chicago. So if you have a layover at midway or Ohare you're probably SOL since its going to take you about 30-45 minutes to get into chicago via transit to begin with.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion