Crystal Gem Corner

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Rubixxx
Goon

Pronoun: They

Post Post #0  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:17 pm

Who else here is a huge Steven Universe fan? How did you start watching the show? Do you have any interesting theories? Who's your favorite character? How about your favorite song? Keep in mind, there may be untagged spoilers below, so if you haven't watched it before and would like to, be careful!

I found out about Steven Universe waaay before it actually became a show. Being a huge pile of Tumblr trash, and since I was already a casual Adventure Time fan, I saw the pilot early on and got ultra hyped when I learned my waifu Rebecca Sugar was making it! I was already expecting a lot, so I was blown away when it not only met, but EXCEEDED my high expectations!

Favorite song? Well, that's hard. Rebecca Sugar is kinda boss when it comes to composing catchy little tunes. I'm going to go against the grain and not say "Stronger than You". It is a FANTASTIC song, and, objectively, probably the best Rebecca's ever written. But my personal favorite is "Strong in the Real Way". I love that song for a lot of reasons.

First off, it's the first time we hear Pearl sing (obviously not including the theme song). It's the first duet in the series as well. Secondly, it's so great at getting across strong emotions! Lastly, it's just friggin BEAUTIFUL. I'm not going to lie, I thought "Cookie Cat" was annoying, "Let Me Drive My Van (Into Your Heart)" was forgettable, and "Giant Woman" was... good, but silly. This was the first time in the series that I was literally MOVED by a song.

Honorable mentions go to "Stronger than You" (duh), "Do It for Him/Her", the extended theme song (BABBY STEVEN U GAIZ), "Be Wherever You Are", "Haven't You Noticed (I'm a Star)", "What Can I Do For You", the ending theme, and "Comet". I have sung all of those at some point in the shower.

If we're counting background music (which is just as lovely), my absolute favorite would be "Lion's Mane", with honorable mentions going to "Opal" (and her fusion song - I forget the title), "Flambé!", "Night Drive 2", and "Be Cool at the Rave".

My favorite character is a toss up between Garnet and Connie. On one hand, Garnet being a loving fusion between Ruby and Sapphire and the foreshadowing and build up to that point was just BREATH TAKING story telling! Her design is awesome (although, ngl, I liked her pre-generation design better, though I like her post-regeneration color scheme more), and I love how stoic and badass she usually is, contrasted with her adorable love for Steven.

On the other hand, I relate very personally with Connie. I loved seeing a beautiful, brown skinned girl as the main love interest. Also she's super smart and has really strict, overbearing parents that DO love her, even if their actions are misguided at times. Again, very relatable. More than anything, though, I LOVE how she turned into a kickass ninja warrior in season 2! The fact that she loves Steven so much, she'd train hard to protect him in itself is sweet. I also love how the series subverts just about EVERY trope out there by having Steven as the defensive one and Connie as the offensive!

Both Connie and Garnet are kind of like my role models. I need to keep them in mind when trying to whip this tubby ass into shape.

I don't have very many theories that seem likely at the time being except one - Stevonnie kicking all KINDS of ass with Steven's shield, Connie's swordmanship, and Rose's sword! I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT U GAIZ

*cough cough* ... I'm okay. As you can see, I am all sorts of passionate about this show. I could talk for hours about it. But I think I'll let you guys have a turn. c:
Last edited by Rubixxx on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Pronoun: He

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:20 pm

tl;dr I was told I am either Steven's dad or the lion.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

GTKAS Jiffy! (Part 1) || GTKAS Jerfy (The Sequel!) || How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart) || In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:20 pm

As you can see, I prefer Ice Bear.

GTKAS Jiffy! (Part 1) || GTKAS Jerfy (The Sequel!) || How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart) || In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game

Thestatusquo
Shea

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:20 pm

you are def lion.
SleepyKrew: The dankest memer east or west of the Mississippi
only 5 slots left in Bad Idea Mafia!

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:21 pm

Does lion even talk?

Like I don't get the lion thing

Thestatusquo
Shea

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:23 pm

Lion doesn't need to talk. Lion communicates by being a lion.

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:23 pm

I just don't get the connection.

Thestatusquo
Shea

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:25 pm

In post 6, Majiffy wrote:Image

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:25 pm

Listen here you little Jeff.

Rubixxx
Goon

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:47 pm

I leave for one second and everything goes off the rails

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:52 pm

What are you talking about, we're discussing SU.

Rubixxx
Goon

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:55 pm

Now you're just plain LION.

.......... *crickets* ...........

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:57 pm

Rubixxx
Goon

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:59 pm

:'C

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:01 pm

I think he's gonna fit right in

Rubixxx
Goon

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:13 pm

You mean me???

Aw, shucks... U///w///U

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:17 pm

Not sure I understand that emote.

Rubixxx
Goon

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:25 pm

The u's are like closed eyes, the "w" is my cat mouth thingy, and the slashes are blush marks. So I'm smiling and blushing bc I'm liek sooo anime.

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:44 pm

kawaii

Brandi
Awwwrtist

Pronoun: She

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:12 pm

Garnet and Peridot are my favs

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:17 pm

I have a Peridot poison ring available if you would like to purchase it off me. Size 8.5, never worn.

Rubixxx
Goon

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:19 pm

In post 19, Brandi wrote:Garnet and Peridot are my favs

I thought Peridot becoming a Crystal Gem would be cliche, but of course, the amazing writing inherent in the show prevented that.

Also I might kinda ship Garidot now slay me

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:20 pm

Oh these are character names.

Well that's unfortunate.

Rubixxx
Goon

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:26 pm

In post 22, Majiffy wrote:Oh these are character names.

Well that's unfortunate.

Hehe. Are you sure you wanna stick around listening to me (and others, but mostly me) nerding out about a show you don't even watch? :p

Majiffy
Go with the Flow

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:33 pm

Oh that's sweet you think I'm listening

Next
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion