Crystal Gem Corner

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Psyche
mr. personality

Pronoun: He

Post Post #225  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:24 pm

a bit predictable but still endlessly charming...
"Listen well - to be human is to be an eternal wanderer. It's up to you to discover the new vistas of life. No one else will clear the way!"

Alchemist21
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:37 pm

I wonder how much the series has left at this point?
Press Image to pay respects.

Psyche
mr. personality

Post Post #227  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:56 pm

there's still a lot that's broken or mysterious or unfinished, as well as the potential for even more storylines
homeworld is still a (potentially decalying?) dystopia, blue and yellow are still its totalitarian dictators, we don't much at all about white diamond, the gems are all still corrupted (including jasper) and will each have their own troubles to cope with if un-corrupted, beach city has still been shaken up by the mayoral election, Sunshine Justice still bears an unexplained resemblance to Sadie's Mom, Lars is still in space, Connie's sword is broken, Lion is still really mysterious - even to Pearl, who knew Rose's deepest secret (!!!) indicating that Rose may still have many more secrets in her history, the range and nature of steven's abilities are still quite unknown (how is steven even possible?), and Pearl still hasn't texted Mystery Girl yet to name a few

the show has enough material to go on for at least two more seasons, but we'll see what they do
"Listen well - to be human is to be an eternal wanderer. It's up to you to discover the new vistas of life. No one else will clear the way!"

NicoRobin
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: She

Post Post #228  (ISO)  » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:20 am

I love how well Bismuth and Peridot and Lapis get together, considering that Peridot used to be a Homeworld Gem and that Bismuth once poofed Lapis

Psyche
mr. personality

Post Post #229  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:27 am

https://youtu.be/DhQAF9_84FE

foreshadowing when steven opens the ship's door in this clip...

Varsoon
Scatman

Post Post #230  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:54 am

Spoiler:
I am mostly excited to watch the series again, if only to catch all the points of consistency.
I do really like that everyone has to come to terms with Pink being out of her depth and being a bit selfish/immature in how she handled the rebellion.

Brandi
Awwwrtist

Post Post #231  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:22 pm

I don't blame pink.
I blame yellow and blue. I'm pretty sure she did what she did because she had no trust that they would help her preserve earth instead of destroying it. They way they talk to her, it's clear they don't respect her or value her opinion as much as their own- they treat her like a child and believe what they think is best above all. Pink/Rose was ignorant and probably selfish but her intentions were good and not being a human herself and not understanding the fragility of human life she lacked the depth of understanding possible to really treat certain situations with care.

I'm glad the fandom stopped hating Pearl as much. Shes my favorite flawed character <3

Lots of good art of her in this song btw:

Alchemist21
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:02 pm

In post 231, Brandi wrote:I don't blame pink.
I blame yellow and blue. I'm pretty sure she did what she did because she had no trust that they would help her preserve earth instead of destroying it. They way they talk to her, it's clear they don't respect her or value her opinion as much as their own- they treat her like a child and believe what they think is best above all. Pink/Rose was ignorant and probably selfish but her intentions were good and not being a human herself and not understanding the fragility of human life she lacked the depth of understanding possible to really treat certain situations with care.

I'm glad the fandom stopped hating Pearl as much. Shes my favorite flawed character <3

Lots of good art of her in this song btw:

Spoiler:
They treated her like a child because she kinda was. She was the newest Diamond and Earth was her very first colony. From Blue’s and Yellow’s POV she still had a lot to learn.
Press Image to pay respects.

Brandi
Awwwrtist

Post Post #233  (ISO)  » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:13 pm

Spoiler:
I think you're right on that. But I also get a scary sense from yellow and blue that they're really not the best authority figures. She may be a naive child who doesn't act right but I think there is at least a reason for her lack of trust. Maybe we'll see though?

Psyche
mr. personality

Post Post #234  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:20 pm

yah theyre taking this in a great direction

Brandi
Awwwrtist

Post Post #235  (ISO)  » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:01 pm

movie announced omg omg omg

InflatablePie
Accept When He Does

Post Post #236  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:45 pm

YO
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

Yume
Can I Be Here?

Post Post #237  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:13 am

The show is over, isn't it?
They've won and now there's no reason for the show to continue
I fell in love with it and I will miss it now that it's gone
It's over, isn't it?
Why can't I move on?

I am gonna miss that show..... :(
Show

Varsoon
Scatman

Post Post #238  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:41 am

There's still the movie.
I don't think that was the series finale, even though it sure felt like it.

Doefulle
Townie

Post Post #239  (ISO)  » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:55 am

The art is cute, kinda similar to Bee and Puppycat. :>
Both can be confusing at times.
‧͙⁺˚*・+☾ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UquPv9WpuB4 ☽+・*˚⁺‧͙

Gamma Emerald
Undiscovered

Post Post #240  (ISO)  » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:31 am

I find it interesting there's no attempts to cover up the magical goings on
Sometimes silence is the loudest thing you can say.

Previous
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion