Ghost busters 3 set to suck

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:34 pm

Post by Drench »

also lmao gillard didn't get up because of a-a she got up because she won the victorian right and shorten/howes swung to her wednesday night + the nsw right/dastyari got the fucking vapours

(everyone should watch the killing season its a+ tv)
join your union
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:09 am

Post by Psyche »

more like the nsfw right
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:44 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

never change ms
green shirt thursdays
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by Glork »

TWO WORDS.

Ecto.

Cooler.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:11 am

Post by Majiffy »

Definitely read that as Ecto Cooter
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 73, Garmr wrote:To be honest when it comes to government roles I think we should look at qualifications and not gender.

Yes! We are in exact agreement on this, but we're just coming at it from different angles.

I think that you're thinking the overall message is usually "Hey, give this woman a chance because she's a woman and women need more chances." Which I agree is absurd. The qualifications should always be paramount.

However the angle I'm approaching it is with the message "Hey, don't discount a woman just because she's a woman." Which is more the heart of the problem I think. A woman may have equal qualifications, but not get hired because of a gender bias.

Societal things aren't really being pushed anymore or at least with the people I know I never hear those things maybe it's the cultures different in america or the people I know. The fact you see people the majority of people get worked up over it when mentioned shows how views have changed and our continuing to change. Hell they even push for women to get in the steam fields but you get those stupid people who take gender studies instead of steam field then complain about it. I also think a women/man should be able to choose there job if a women doesn't want to enter a steam field she shouldn't be pressured into it.(I have seen this) And when people are pressured they normally tend to not do it.

Again, the pressure is more subtle. This is a commercial for a shitty company (Verizon), but it does kind of illustrate what type of pressure exists against girls in the sciences and why they might end up taking something more in the liberal arts.

Onto the ghost busters thing it's not really the fact there female I pretty much said this a 100 times. It's the fact they are going to throw in the "they don't think we can do it because we are female but we will show them" plot which has been done to death and is one of my least favorite plot lines because you can't do much with it and always seem to be ill placed in situations that don't garner it. Realistically people are going to have doubts that you can bust ghosts no matter the gender but once you do catch one I don't think anyone will care what gender you are.

Yeah. I can understand that. Usually those types of plots are really preachy and kinda beat people over the head with it.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:23 am

Post by Zulfy »

Leslie Jones has never made me laugh
no investigation no right to speak
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:37 am

Post by Psyche »

"Hey, give this woman a chance because she's a woman and women need more chances." Which I agree is absurd.

it's really not that absurd
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:40 am

Post by Zulfy »

No this is absurd

no investigation no right to speak
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:42 am

Post by Psyche »

oh no
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:57 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I do not think Melissa McCarthy is that bad. She is funny at times. But I do think Ghostbusters 3 will suck because they are trying to do too much
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:43 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 80, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 73, Garmr wrote:To be honest when it comes to government roles I think we should look at qualifications and not gender.

Yes! We are in exact agreement on this, but we're just coming at it from different angles.

I think that you're thinking the overall message is usually "Hey, give this woman a chance because she's a woman and women need more chances." Which I agree is absurd. The qualifications should always be paramount.

However the angle I'm approaching it is with the message "Hey, don't discount a woman just because she's a woman." Which is more the heart of the problem I think. A woman may have equal qualifications, but not get hired because of a gender bias.

Societal things aren't really being pushed anymore or at least with the people I know I never hear those things maybe it's the cultures different in america or the people I know. The fact you see people the majority of people get worked up over it when mentioned shows how views have changed and our continuing to change. Hell they even push for women to get in the steam fields but you get those stupid people who take gender studies instead of steam field then complain about it. I also think a women/man should be able to choose there job if a women doesn't want to enter a steam field she shouldn't be pressured into it.(I have seen this) And when people are pressured they normally tend to not do it.

Again, the pressure is more subtle. This is a commercial for a shitty company (Verizon), but it does kind of illustrate what type of pressure exists against girls in the sciences and why they might end up taking something more in the liberal arts.

Onto the ghost busters thing it's not really the fact there female I pretty much said this a 100 times. It's the fact they are going to throw in the "they don't think we can do it because we are female but we will show them" plot which has been done to death and is one of my least favorite plot lines because you can't do much with it and always seem to be ill placed in situations that don't garner it. Realistically people are going to have doubts that you can bust ghosts no matter the gender but once you do catch one I don't think anyone will care what gender you are.

Yeah. I can understand that. Usually those types of plots are really preachy and kinda beat people over the head with it.

I think I can agree with most of what you said.

The only thing I would contest would be that it isn't social things keeping women/men out of certain courses it behavioral(there are differences between men and women's brains.). I believe we seek jobs we think would enjoy studying and working through our whole life. So that's why I believe we shouldn't force more people into a certain occupation just because a gender is lacking in there. How many women do you think would tolerate being a Sanitation engineer(garbo) hell not many men do either but a majority more can tolerate it judging from the male to female ratio of the job. I think this comes from behavioral differences (I'm making a little guess here from studies on what jobs women/enjoy and applying what I think it means)

So I say let courses be open to everyone but don't push someone into something they don't want. In the end gender doesn't matter just do what you love.

Yeh but everything else I can 100% agree with.

In post 85, PokerFace wrote:I do not think Melissa McCarthy is that bad. She is funny at times. But I do think Ghostbusters 3 will suck because they are trying to do too much

I will admit at times she is funny but it's stuck between really bad gags. Hell Kramer from Seinfeld can be funny at times.

In post 82, Psyche wrote:
"Hey, give this woman a chance because she's a woman and women need more chances." Which I agree is absurd.

it's really not that absurd

That's a bit sexist psyche you're patronizing her by implying she needs more help than a man making her inferior.
2 Chainz
2 Chainz
Watcher
2 Chainz
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:30 am

Post by 2 Chainz »

In post 86, Garmr wrote:The only thing I would contest would be that it isn't social things keeping women/men out of certain courses it behavioral(there are differences between men and women's brains.)

you a bitch, you a ho

that's just my philosophy
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:46 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 87, 2 Chainz wrote:
In post 86, Garmr wrote:The only thing I would contest would be that it isn't social things keeping women/men out of certain courses it behavioral(there are differences between men and women's brains.)

you a bitch, you a ho

that's just my philosophy

Deep
Ranmaru
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Ranmaru
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:20 am

Post by Ranmaru »

I'll give the movie a chance and don't mind the all female cast. I am aware of my male privilege though, such as the privilege of being freeeeee.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Post by Garmr »

Well Necroing a old thread for Halloween. But man didn't ghost buster flop hard who could of predicted that.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:39 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 86, Garmr wrote:That's a bit sexist psyche you're patronizing her by implying she needs more help than a man making her inferior
middle schooler's understanding of sexism
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:53 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 91, Psyche wrote:
In post 86, Garmr wrote:That's a bit sexist psyche you're patronizing her by implying she needs more help than a man making her inferior
middle schooler's understanding of sexism
Middle schooler's understanding of satire.

ps.So was I right the movie did suck.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:27 pm

Post by Psyche »

i enjoyed the movie!
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:31 pm

Post by Garmr »

A majority didn't that's why it flunked at the box office. Still wasn't the biggest flank this year through but with a title like ghost busters it should of drew more.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:22 pm

Post by chamber »

Most people I've heard from did enjoy the movie. I think it flopped because the trailer was complete ass (that's why I didn't see it in theatres) not because it was a bad movie.
Taking a break from the site.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:49 pm

Post by Psyche »

i think the political reaction depressed turnout to theaters
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:29 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

The performances were fine, the problem ultimately was the script
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:59 am

Post by inte »

spoopy
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:19 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 97, Untrod Tripod wrote:The performances were fine, the problem ultimately was the script
I actually agree with this somewhat but more because of the lack of script. Apparently a lot of the movie was a improv no script. Like they would film a scene over and over with no script but a simple set of guide lines till they felt they got it right. One factor was they were all the comic relief they had no pure straight man ect. Also if you were a melissa mccarthay fan her with out her script she was even supbar even for her movies reduced to nothing but slapstick and fartjokes with out her usual hook of redemption and having a heart of gold. I think another factor was because they seemed to try outdo each other being funny with a lot unfunny lines.
On it's own it's not the worst movie it's just so mediocre and bland that's it not worth the money.

Also paul feig is pretty shit with advertising. He tainted the movie with his agenda.

All my friends that did see it thought it was pretty shit even the girls thought it was mediocre and they liked melissa mccarthays previous movies.

Also it's pretty funny how the old one is more progressive than the new one. The new one uses a black stereotype instead of a actual character like Winston who was just a man looking for a job. Also all the men in this movie are portrayed as dumb or morally corrupt or just a dickhead. The original ghost busters had women be smart and snappy they weren't portrayed as dumb and stupid.

Return to “General Discussion”