Ghost busters 3 set to suck

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:49 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 49, Psyche wrote:there are advantages and disadvantages to being poor rather than rich but that doesn't bear much on the fact that it's a privilege to be rich

Women have all the same rights as men tell me what right a women doesn't have that a man does.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:58 am

Post by Psyche »

we were talking about the advantages and disadvantages afforded to people based on their gender
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:03 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 51, Psyche wrote:we were talking about the advantages and disadvantages afforded to people based on their gender

Well since you agree men and women have all the same rights in first world countries (which makes the advocacy of rights redundant when they are all the same.) Why don't you prove how men are privileged since you are the one advocating that they are the burden of proof is on you.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:09 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 52, Garmr wrote:first world countries
Because apparently third-world countries don't matter

And, true, women have the same rights. That's undeniable. That doesn't mean they're equal. How often have you seen people treat women as inferior? Usually little things, sometimes bigger. Certain double standards.

The fact that men have some of these problems doesn't mean that women's problems should be ignored - it means problems for both sides should be combated equally.

Now, having a problem with people who focus purely on women's problems is justified, but you seem to have a problem with anyone focusing on women's problems. Like, at all.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:11 am

Post by Chevre »

You know that moment when you see two scummers that are often at odds agreeing, and how that pushes the opposition even further into the hole they've dug themselves?

The fact that Shea and Kublai Khan seem to be within degrees of alignment here should tell you that you need to zip this up, boo.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:13 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

In post 52, Garmr wrote:Why don't you prove how men are privileged since you are the one advocating that they are the burden of proof is on you.

or you could google male privilege since there's oodles of stuff out there about this
To be clear: quack
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:18 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

In post 4, Chevre wrote:This thread is disgustingly pessimistic.

Get off your snobby high horses and let people enjoy a movie that isn't "critical arte".

Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:19 am

Post by Zulfy »

In post 52, Garmr wrote:Well since you agree men and women have all the same rights in first world countries (which makes the advocacy of rights redundant when they are all the same.) Why don't you prove how men are privileged since you are the one advocating that they are the burden of proof is on you.

Come on Garmr it's clear as day.
no investigation no right to speak
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:20 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 53, Davsto wrote:
In post 52, Garmr wrote:first world countries
Because apparently third-world countries don't matter

And, true, women have the same rights. That's undeniable. That doesn't mean they're equal. How often have you seen people treat women as inferior? Usually little things, sometimes bigger. Certain double standards.

The fact that men have some of these problems doesn't mean that women's problems should be ignored - it means problems for both sides should be combated equally.

Now, having a problem with people who focus purely on women's problems is justified, but you seem to have a problem with anyone focusing on women's problems. Like, at all.

I have a problem focusing on one genders problem because of my belief that if you focus on one the chances a person neglects the other. Men also have small things sometimes bigger both face problems then why do we say only one is privileged? I think it's pretty
Sexist
to ignore one over the other that's why I'm a egalitarian.

In post 54, Chevre wrote:You know that moment when you see two scummers that are often at odds agreeing, and how that pushes the opposition even further into the hole they've dug themselves?

The fact that Shea and Kublai Khan seem to be within degrees of alignment here should tell you that you need to zip this up, boo.

Nazi and the Taliban both hate Jews and agree on it. Does that make then right. Beside it was the liberal scummers crying misogyny that started it in the first place I wasn't going to say anything.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:20 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

In post 51, Psyche wrote:we were talking about the advantages and disadvantages afforded to people based on their gender

Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 58, Garmr wrote:Nazi and the Taliban both hate Jews and agree on it. Does that make then right. Beside it was the liberal scummers crying misogyny that started it in the first place I wasn't going to say anything.

And I thought this thread couldn't jump the shark any more

jfc
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Davsto »

apparently shea and kublai khan are comparable to the Nazis and the Taliban.

Beautiful.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:30 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I wonder if this thread could get any more
internet
It seems so effortless.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:31 am

Post by Davsto »

Aaalso I never got people using "liberal" as a sort of slur

"oh no you called me what i literally am and literally identify as politically ouuuuuch"
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:39 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 63, Davsto wrote:Aaalso I never got people using "liberal" as a sort of slur

"oh no you called me what i literally am and literally identify as politically ouuuuuch"

I seen liberals on Here treat the word conservative like it's toxic thought it be intreasting to see what happens if i use libs in the same situation
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Chevre »

In post 56, Bicephalous Bob wrote:
In post 4, Chevre wrote:This thread is disgustingly pessimistic.

Get off your snobby high horses and let people enjoy a movie that isn't "critical arte".

I love the Goldberg Variations tho so
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Majiffy »

But really though when are they going to reboot 3 Ninjas
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:58 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 61, Davsto wrote:apparently shea and kublai khan are comparable to the Nazis and the Taliban.

Eh. I don't think he was calling me or Shea either Nazis or Taliban. He was just making a very poor argument that pointed out a logical fallacy.

Garmr - I think the problem is that you're mistaking rights and privileges. Women have the same rights as men do in first world countries, yes. However privilege is about opportunities. Women generally lack the same opportunities that men have because men generally feel as if women lack some x-factor that men have when it comes to doing certain jobs.

Just today I heard a story about how ESPN the Magazine hired the first female editor-in-chief of any major sports publication. Women are still fighting to break barriers to pull even with men.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 66, Majiffy wrote:But really though when are they going to reboot 3 Ninjas

Loved that movie
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by Majiffy »

Knuckle Up was the best of the series.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 67, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 61, Davsto wrote:apparently shea and kublai khan are comparable to the Nazis and the Taliban.

Eh. I don't think he was calling me or Shea either Nazis or Taliban. He was just making a very poor argument that pointed out a logical fallacy.

Garmr - I think the problem is that you're mistaking rights and privileges. Women have the same rights as men do in first world countries, yes. However privilege is about opportunities. Women generally lack the same opportunities that men have because men generally feel as if women lack some x-factor that men have when it comes to doing certain jobs.

Just today I heard a story about how ESPN the Magazine hired the first female editor-in-chief of any major sports publication. Women are still fighting to break barriers to pull even with men.

I didn't mean to say you are a nazi/isis like you said I was trying to point out a logical fallacy.

The education system was reformed to allow women to study better at the expense of men (girls and boys have different studying behaviours) this was done a while ago like 20-30 years. They have all the same educational opportunities as well.

If you want to argue about people being unemployed it's about 50/50 no matter the gender according to the Australian unemployment statistic released by the government.

Carer choices tend to have mean saturated evenly between low paying jobs and high paying jobs on the pay spectrum while women are concentrated in the middle and have some lean into the high paying side which studies have shown.

Tbh we have gone off subject but at least I thank you for being civil I appreciate it.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by Psyche »

oh it's time to play the statistics game i guess
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 70, Garmr wrote:The education system was reformed to allow women to study better at the expense of men (girls and boys have different studying behaviours) this was done a while ago like 20-30 years. They have all the same educational opportunities as well.

If you want to argue about people being unemployed it's about 50/50 no matter the gender according to the Australian unemployment statistic released by the government.

Carer choices tend to have mean saturated evenly between low paying jobs and high paying jobs on the pay spectrum while women are concentrated in the middle and have some lean into the high paying side which studies have shown.

You seem pretty sure of yourself and ready to argue it so I doubt I'll change your mind in any way. Also we're looking at the issue from different continents, so that's a factor.

I don't doubt that all your statistics are accurate, but for all the egalitarian changes to education, women only make up about a fifth of your government. There still a weird under-representation happening. Why the gap if equality has been reached?

My feelings on the privilege problem is that the problem is more societal. People still have pretty strong cultural gender identities which are hard to overcome. The number of girls I've heard repeat the excuse of "girls aren't at good at math and science" is just simply staggering. Worse is when I hear it from grown-ups and parents. It kills ambition and a disturbing number of women just don't end up trying to reach their full potential. Even if they do try harder, they might aim away from traditionally male fields (like STEM).

Boys on the other hand are told that they can do anything and are frowned at if they "settle" for a job that is traditionally done by women.

Stuff like the backlash to an all-female Ghostbusters cast sorta fits into that theory because if gender doesn't make a difference, then why does it matter that they are women?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 72, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 70, Garmr wrote:The education system was reformed to allow women to study better at the expense of men (girls and boys have different studying behaviours) this was done a while ago like 20-30 years. They have all the same educational opportunities as well.

You seem pretty sure of yourself and ready to argue it so I doubt I'll change your mind in any way. Also we're looking at the issue from different continents, so that's a factor.

I don't doubt that all your statistics are accurate, but for all the egalitarian changes to education, women only make up about a fifth of your government. There still a weird under-representation happening. Why the gap if equality has been reached?

My feelings on the privilege problem is that the problem is more societal. People still have pretty strong cultural gender identities which are hard to overcome. The number of girls I've heard repeat the excuse of "girls aren't at good at math and science" is just simply staggering. Worse is when I hear it from grown-ups and parents. It kills ambition and a disturbing number of women just don't end up trying to reach their full potential. Even if they do try harder, they might aim away from traditionally male fields (like STEM).

Boys on the other hand are told that they can do anything and are frowned at if they "settle" for a job that is traditionally done by women.

Stuff like the backlash to an all-female Ghostbusters cast sorta fits into that theory because if gender doesn't make a difference, then why does it matter that they are women?

To be honest when it comes to government roles I think we should look at qualifications and not gender. We also had a female prime minster in Julia Gillard and she was horrible still better than shitty tony abbot through that came after her I don't know much about the new guy but at least there's no scandals with him or fucking up the laws yet.

Societal things aren't really being pushed anymore or at least with the people I know I never hear those things maybe it's the cultures different in america or the people I know. The fact you see people the majority of people get worked up over it when mentioned shows how views have changed and our continuing to change. Hell they even push for women to get in the steam fields but you get those stupid people who take gender studies instead of steam field then complain about it. I also think a women/man should be able to choose there job if a women doesn't want to enter a steam field she shouldn't be pressured into it.(I have seen this) And when people are pressured they normally tend to not do it.

Onto the ghost busters thing it's not really the fact there female I pretty much said this a 100 times. It's the fact they are going to throw in the "
they don't think we can do it because we are female but we will show them
" plot which has been done to death and is one of my least favorite plot lines because you can't do much with it and always seem to be ill placed in situations that don't garner it. Realistically people are going to have doubts that you can bust ghosts no matter the gender but once you do catch one I don't think anyone will care what gender you are. Take away that plot aspect and Melissa mccarthy (personal preference.) and I think it would be fine. I think the people who complain about it predicted this plot line as they expect it in every single movie when ads push the fact they are all female and judging from the released scripts they aren't wrong.

with all that being said I'm still going to see the movie because nostalgia.
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:33 pm

Post by Drench »

In post 73, Garmr wrote:We also had a female prime minster in Julia Gillard and she was horrible

take this back i will fly back home drive to your house slam your door down and recite the misogyny speech from memory which is a skill i have
join your union

Return to “General Discussion”