Individual-1 (Donald Trump)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Dongempire
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: It

Post Post #23300  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:19 pm

In post 23297, chamber wrote:I will say that I'm disturbed by the number of people defending the 'lock him up' chants in my twitter feed.

Red herring.
Trump is a bad person and completely unfit for the job but you dont need me to tell you that. However just locking him up and electing bernie in his place wont fix the problems rooted in american high society. It will take years of coordinated work from willing lawmakers and uncorruptable buroucrats to even come close to fixing the wealth inequality.
Not to say im even a bit saddened about this state of affairs. The guy deserves to be impeached. I'm surprised he still thinks hes well liked even when hes booed out of everywhere he goes. Just a childs perception.
Age of Empires Elo: 2069

Psyche
mr. personality

Pronoun: He

Post Post #23301  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:29 pm

removing trump will solve a lot of problems on its own though
we all fall short of god's glory

Creature
Solve This Game

Post Post #23302  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:30 pm

Yay Pence
Sigh

chamber
Cases are scummy

Post Post #23303  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:35 pm

In post 23300, Dongempire wrote:
In post 23297, chamber wrote:I will say that I'm disturbed by the number of people defending the 'lock him up' chants in my twitter feed.

Red herring.
Trump is a bad person and completely unfit for the job but you dont need me to tell you that. However just locking him up and electing bernie in his place wont fix the problems rooted in american high society. It will take years of coordinated work from willing lawmakers and uncorruptable buroucrats to even come close to fixing the wealth inequality.
Not to say im even a bit saddened about this state of affairs. The guy deserves to be impeached. I'm surprised he still thinks hes well liked even when hes booed out of everywhere he goes. Just a childs perception.

I'm fine with the booing. I'd be fine with them chanting about impeaching him. I feel like chanting about locking him up is both legitimizing the lock her up chanting that was done towards Hillary, and also taking things that should happen in a court room to the court of public opinion.
Taking a break from the site.

Psyche
mr. personality

Post Post #23304  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:11 pm

the impeachment inquiry is as much about the court of public opinion as it is about the courtroom—perhaps moreso actually

Psyche
mr. personality

Post Post #23305  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:12 pm

in my mind it's a matter of just desserts
the only party where those chants are a legitimate target atm is the trump administration and its backers

chamber
Cases are scummy

Post Post #23306  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:13 pm

I agree that impeachment is a political process and public opinion matters for it. Impeachment doesn't lead to arrest though.
Taking a break from the site.

Persivul
His Majesty the King

Post Post #23307  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:20 pm

In post 23304, Psyche wrote:the impeachment inquiry is as much about the court of public opinion as it is about the courtroom—perhaps moreso actually

Considering that conviction in the Senate is extremely unlikely (2/3 vote needed), yeah, impeachment is primarily about public opinion.

AniX
UCalled

Post Post #23308  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:51 pm

In post 23303, chamber wrote:
In post 23300, Dongempire wrote:

Red herring.

I'm fine with the booing. I'd be fine with them chanting about impeaching him. I feel like chanting about locking him up is both legitimizing the lock her up chanting that was done towards Hillary, and also taking things that should happen in a court room to the court of public opinion.

What happened at the game was citizens of a country, unprompted and unjoined by any political figure, upset their elected officials openly engage in crimes and currently under investigation, demand those elected officials receive punishment. Did they do it in a potentially unhelpful manner? Sure, but citizens always have the right and the duty to demand accountability from the powerful.

What happened with the "Lock Her Up" chants was a political candidate and his surrogates deliberately encouraged and fostered the chant, using it as a political tool to win an election and as a promise (one of many unfulfilled by the administration when it came to power) that they would use their power if elected to throw a political opponent in prison, even after that opponent was cleared of wrongdoing.

Those are extremely different circumstances. If Biden had been at the game and started the chant, or if at his next rally he said "Hey, remember that baseball game? That was great, I liked it", then you might have a comparison.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK! PLAYS BY SENSE OF SMELL! ONE TRUE ADMIN OF MAFIASCUM! LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR! RADICAL SEX-NEGATIVE ASEXUAL! KING SCAR APOLOGIST! FOE OF SKIRTS AND DRESSES! DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM!

AniX
UCalled

Post Post #23309  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:52 pm

In post 23306, chamber wrote:I agree that impeachment is a political process and public opinion matters for it. Impeachment doesn't lead to arrest though.

Doesn't lead directly to arrest, but under current FBI guidelines it is a necessary precondition for his arrest before January 2021.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK! PLAYS BY SENSE OF SMELL! ONE TRUE ADMIN OF MAFIASCUM! LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR! RADICAL SEX-NEGATIVE ASEXUAL! KING SCAR APOLOGIST! FOE OF SKIRTS AND DRESSES! DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM!

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #23310  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:11 pm

In post 23306, chamber wrote:I agree that impeachment is a political process and public opinion matters for it. Impeachment doesn't lead to arrest though.
Impeach doesn't make for a good stadium chant
we all know you need 3 syllables

rb
Survivor

Pronoun: They

Post Post #23311  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:46 am

L O C K

H I M

U P

talah
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23312  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 29, 2019 4:23 am

L O C K

R B

U P

bit less compelling. but who's to say that rb isn't worthy of being locked up? do we have a bunch of meta-circumstances and spin available? no. so why not lock rb up then, one might ask?
well for one thing we don't have a political reason to lock them up. rb has not been a president lately. rb doesn't chant "lock them up" at others, generally. this is just an abberation and expression of feelings.

so who do we lock up? obviously we need to lock someone up. that'll make us all feel a whole lot better, since we can't seem to find a good leader.

rb
Survivor

Pronoun: They

Post Post #23313  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:30 am

L O C K

M E

U P

D A D D Y

talah
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23314  (ISO)  » Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:39 am

ayaya

Persivul
His Majesty the King

Post Post #23315  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:50 am

TDS in full bloom in the MSM with the dog meme. What a fucking joke.

Not_Mafia
Smash Hit

Post Post #23316  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:59 am

What's TDS?
Not mafia has impressively cheated on his very first clue.

I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #23317  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:25 am

In post 23315, Persivul wrote:TDS in full bloom in the MSM with the dog meme. What a fucking joke.

I typed in "Trump Dog Meme" into Google news and I see the following news sites have published stories about it:

USA Today
Vanity Fair
Townhall
Indy100
Syracuse.com
Ricochet.com
Laredo Morning Times
The Sun
Brisbane Times

All of them are basically lazy reporting that there was a brief trend on twitter about Trump's dog meme tweet.

That's.. hardly the mainstream media or derangement. Though I did note that the Townhall article was titled "Journalists Lose Their Minds After Trump Tweets a Meme About the Heroic Dog from ISIS Raid", which I assume must be the one thing you read before you made your post and their article is basically that a few journalists tweeted that it's fake in the midst of everyone on Twitter roasting Trump for such a dumb picture.

Of the people they quote: Anushay Hossain (political analyst and columnist), Justin Baragona (a contributor to Daily Beast), Aditya Raj Kaul (an Indian journalist from an Indian news channel), Valerie Schremp Hahn (a St. Louis features reporter), S.V. Dáte (A HuffPo correspondent), Steve Herman (VOA Journalist)

Four of them are basically nobodies, only the last two are of note and Date comes off as openly damning the President while Herman is acknowledge that he received inquiries so he's reporting that no dogs were at the White House (comes off as very tongue-in-cheek)

So, one notable journalist blasts the President on Twitter and Townhall searches through their Twitter rolodex and finds anybody mentioning it so they can write an article about it. You read it and spread the news that "the MSM has full-bloom TDS!"

Persivul.. This is part of the problem. Look over the evidence. Double check my work. Is the Townhall article accurate? Or are you being jerked around by a short-chain?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #23318  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:26 am

In post 23316, Not_Mafia wrote:What's TDS?

"Trump Derangement Syndrome"

Persivul
His Majesty the King

Post Post #23319  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:08 am

In post 23317, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 23315, Persivul wrote:TDS in full bloom in the MSM with the dog meme. What a fucking joke.

I typed in "Trump Dog Meme" into Google news and I see the following news sites have published stories about it:

USA Today
Vanity Fair
Townhall
Indy100
Syracuse.com
Ricochet.com
Laredo Morning Times
The Sun
Brisbane Times

All of them are basically lazy reporting that there was a brief trend on twitter about Trump's dog meme tweet.

That's.. hardly the mainstream media or derangement. Though I did note that the Townhall article was titled "Journalists Lose Their Minds After Trump Tweets a Meme About the Heroic Dog from ISIS Raid", which I assume must be the one thing you read before you made your post and their article is basically that a few journalists tweeted that it's fake in the midst of everyone on Twitter roasting Trump for such a dumb picture.

Of the people they quote: Anushay Hossain (political analyst and columnist), Justin Baragona (a contributor to Daily Beast), Aditya Raj Kaul (an Indian journalist from an Indian news channel), Valerie Schremp Hahn (a St. Louis features reporter), S.V. Dáte (A HuffPo correspondent), Steve Herman (VOA Journalist)

Four of them are basically nobodies, only the last two are of note and Date comes off as openly damning the President while Herman is acknowledge that he received inquiries so he's reporting that no dogs were at the White House (comes off as very tongue-in-cheek)

So, one notable journalist blasts the President on Twitter and Townhall searches through their Twitter rolodex and finds anybody mentioning it so they can write an article about it. You read it and spread the news that "the MSM has full-bloom TDS!"

Persivul.. This is part of the problem. Look over the evidence. Double check my work. Is the Townhall article accurate? Or are you being jerked around by a short-chain?

I saw a Jim Acosta tweet on it. Pretty sure that counts as msm.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #23320  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:22 am

In post 23319, Persivul wrote:I saw a Jim Acosta tweet on it. Pretty sure that counts as msm.

Did he "lose his mind" as Townhall phrased it?

Fluminator
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23321  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:35 am

The biggest msm gaffe recently was calling the Isis leader an austere religious scholar.

Persivul
His Majesty the King

Post Post #23322  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:38 am

In post 23320, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 23319, Persivul wrote:I saw a Jim Acosta tweet on it. Pretty sure that counts as msm.

Did he "lose his mind" as Townhall phrased it?

No. He contacted the white house and seriously reported that the dog is not in the white house. :lol:

Persivul
His Majesty the King

Post Post #23323  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:39 am

In post 23321, Fluminator wrote:The biggest msm gaffe recently was calling the Isis leader an austere religious scholar.

Yes, another example of TDS.

Dongempire
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: It

Post Post #23324  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:51 am

In post 23321, Fluminator wrote:The biggest msm gaffe recently was calling the Isis leader an austere religious scholar.

I feel like i heard this before word for word. What the hell happened? In fact i think i heard "the worst of the isis is an austere religious scholar."
Anywau, just hqd dejavu about it.
Age of Empires Elo: 2069

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion