Individual-1 (Donald Trump)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: He

Post Post #75  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:49 pm

You hit on my big point, we as people need to be good staurts of the earth we can't wait for our government to tell us to. And as I said before I don't agree with Trump 100%
#freeShotty

Albert B. Rampage
Illogical Rampage

Post Post #76  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:51 pm

Hillary is a corrupt, self-entitled and dishonest political hack and the worst candidate of all. Ted Cruz is a crazy right-wing bible thumper who will set back gay rights. Kasich is another establishment idiot who supports TPP and takes money from Soros. Sanders doesn't appeal to minorities like Hillary so he can't win.

Yeah, Trump is the best candidate with a chance of winning.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:54 pm

In post 76, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Hillary is a corrupt, self-entitled and dishonest political hack and the worst candidate of all. Ted Cruz is a crazy right-wing bible thumper who will set back gay rights. Kasich is another establishment idiot who supports TPP and takes money from Soros. Sanders doesn't appeal to minorities like Hillary so he can't win.

Yeah, Trump is the best candidate with a chance of winning.

Leave it to Albert to summarize my thoughts
#freeShotty

Glork
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #78  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:54 pm

In post 72, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 70, zoraster wrote:Did you just suggest that there's no difference between an ordinary muslim and those in ISIS?

No if anything it would have implied the opposite

No, you're lumping them together. You have implied that because any Muslim *miiiight* be a terrorist, they should be barred from the country.

Let's take another analogy that highlights your hypocrisy. I'm going to assume that you are in favor of gun rights here, so if that is not the case, please correct me.

According to this source, there have been 50 mass shootings (defined as single incidents in which 4 or more people other than the shooter were shot) so far in 2016. That is an alarming rate. However, I do not see you arguing that any gun owner could potentially be a violent mass murderer.

How do you feel about gun violence and the right to own and use guns in America, given the frequency with which gun-toting criminals shed significant innocent blood?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Albert B. Rampage
Illogical Rampage

Post Post #79  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:57 pm

I'm not engaging with Glork, he's been influenced by social media and CNN to believe what they want him to and that's fine. Not everyone has the capacity to see through deceit.

I'll gladly talk about politics with open-minded people.
Last edited by Albert B. Rampage on Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.

Glork
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #80  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:57 pm

What's the difference between a white Christian with a gun, and a white Christian with a gun intent on starting a race war by killing black people?

There is a chance that they COULD be the same thing. Do you think we need to take a hard stand against all white Christians just in case?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 4:58 pm

In post 78, Glork wrote:
In post 72, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 70, zoraster wrote:Did you just suggest that there's no difference between an ordinary muslim and those in ISIS?

No if anything it would have implied the opposite

No, you're lumping them together. You have implied that because any Muslim *miiiight* be a terrorist, they should be barred from the country.

No I was responding to bombing trump supporters andt their families . We discussed earlier bombing extremests and their families. Unless YOU are implying that all Muslims are extremists.
#freeShotty

Glork
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #82  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:00 pm

Hey instead of strawmanning, how about you address the hypocrisy of supporting gun rights while prosecuting the remote tiny possibility of a Muslim person being a terrorist,
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Albert B. Rampage
Illogical Rampage

Post Post #83  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:03 pm

I'm tired of "white guilt". I'm tired of democrats treating black people and hispanics like a commodity. Tired of blacklivesmatter. Tired of political correctness. I'm tired of this PC culture that has produced some of the biggest idiots who think not taking in 100,000 refugees is automatically racist. Guess what, it's not.

Sanders says "white people don't know what it's like to be poor". The statement is racist. Sanders isn't. Everyone says stupid things. Trump too. How about we not race bait? Trump is no racist, point blank period.

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #84  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:05 pm

In post 48, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 47, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 35, drmyshottyizsik wrote:Mexicans - again acknowledging that there is a criminal element to mixed in with the non criminal is far from saying that most Mexicans are rapist. It is true. My three nieces where raped by three different husbands of my sister in law. All three were illegal immigrants one of them was one of the girls father. They have all since been deported for crimes and have all made their way back to West Chicago, Illinois. This doesn't make all Mexicans or illegal immigrants rapist, but that element does exist and the current system does not stop them from coming freely into our country and over our seemingly non-existent borders.

And I was molested by a white Christian male, but you don't see me implying all white Christian men are homosexual kid diddlers.

No but I don't here you making a case to go get a bunch of white males with unknown backgrouds to move in with you either.

And nobody is saying that about immigrants, either? The argument is that IT'S RACIST AND XENOPHOBIC TO CHARACTERIZE ALL PEOPLE THAT WAY based on the actions of a select few.

In post 53, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 46, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 35, drmyshottyizsik wrote:the KKK is a historically liberal and Democrat group

Yes, and the Democratic party also used to be the party most popular among Southern white evangelicals. Different party, different times, and this statement is willfully ignorant of that fact.

If you look at the states that have voted for Hillary Clinton I think that still apllies to the democrat party. Also it is the same party, and the KKK is still made up of a majority of democrats.

We're not even in the General Election yet, what the fuck are you talking about? Those are also the same states who voted for Trump, at this point. If you really want to make a point, those are the same Southern states that vote Republican in the general election:

get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

FUCK CANCER. #greenshirtthursdays

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #85  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:07 pm

In post 83, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I'm tired of "white guilt".

:'( Poor baby.
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

Albert B. Rampage
Illogical Rampage

Post Post #86  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:08 pm

One of my best friends is a Syrian refugee goddammit, he was going to get deported back to Syria if they didn't let him stay due to the war. This is extremely personal to me. But these issues are complicated. I think that people should make the country they live in great. Immigration for a better life should be a slow process with heavy screening. And the people coming in should embrace their new country and leave behind the customs and values of the old.

Glork
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #87  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:10 pm

This isn't about "white guilt." It's about people having double standards.

By any consistent, rational measure, the following statements:
1) "if 1/10000 Muslims are terrorists, we need to bar them from entering the country until we can get this under control"
2) Gun violence is only perpetrated by criminals, it is unfair to crack down on gun rights by the heinous actions of a select few
...are MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE.

And before rhe "oh there goes the liberal bias" response pops up, this goes both ways. People who argue that guns should be banned, but that we should not do our part to mitigate acts of terrorism by radical extremists are equally hypocritical. The problem is, BOTH sides want to have their cake and eat it, too.

This is something that baffles and frustrates me, regardless of political or social tendencies.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #88  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:13 pm

In post 86, Albert B. Rampage wrote:the people coming in should embrace their new country and leave behind the customs and values of the old

i guess we should all be living in teepees then
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

Glork
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #89  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:15 pm

In post 86, Albert B. Rampage wrote:One of my best friends is a Syrian refugee goddammit, he was going to get deported back to Syria if they didn't let him stay due to the war. This is extremely personal to me. But these issues are complicated. I think that people should make the country they live in great. Immigration for a better life should be a slow process with heavy screening. And the people coming in should embrace their new country and leave behind the customs and values of the old.

My life was saved by a Muslim doctor, and my brother's father in law is Muslim (and, incidentally, has also made significant contributions to the medical field). If we had categorically barred all Muslims from entering the country, I'd be dead, and my brother would not have found his wife.

We all have various connections to these issues. No one scummer's personal anecdote is more relevant or meaningful than another's.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #90  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:16 pm

It's beyond white guilt that I'm sick of. I'm sick of american guilt and needing to reconcile with the world by decimating our culture.
#freeShotty

LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:16 pm

This whole thread an image:
A child believes a lie because they know no better
A grown adult sees the lie because it fails to line up with experience
In this way a child's story can be so many different experiences
With enough subtext, a thing made for a child becomes an entirely different world to an adult.

Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #92  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:20 pm

In post 91, LlamaFluff wrote:This whole thread an image:

shedding grace with every moment and life with every year

Albert B. Rampage
Illogical Rampage

Post Post #93  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:20 pm

Trump has said some really stupid things. I agree. It happens when you speak off the top of the head without a teleprompter. The other candidates are all scripted. Their speeches are proofread by teams who have collected opinions from focus groups. Once Trump is president, he will stop saying stupid shit, I guarantee you.

He's not a racist, bigot, and he doesn't hate muslims. He's been hiring female executives for decades, don't give me that female bias either. He's controlling the media cycle and maybe he calculated that he needed to say stupid things to build his base and outmaneuver Bush, Rubio, and all the other dropouts. The GOP primary is a game where you try to move a few inches to the right of your rivals to win, then the general you move back to center. Trump moved 10 feet to the right and gained a ton of momentum. It's politics. Should he get assassinated, hell no, and anyone suggesting that should be locked up.

I honestly haven't heard Trump say anything stupid since he was weighing in on the apple boycott issue, a while ago.

xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #94  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:22 pm

so ABR to be clear you think it's fine that Trump is inciting violence at his rallies or
get to know a reckoner
meta is trash

toolenduso
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:23 pm

In post 75, drmyshottyizsik wrote:You hit on my big point, we as people need to be good staurts of the earth we can't wait for our government to tell us to. And as I said before I don't agree with Trump 100%

It would be great if people would do this without the government telling them to! But it will happen at a very, very slow pace without the government pushing people in the right direction.

Case(s) in point: Under Obama, the EPA put in place emissions standards that have led to a flurry of retirements of coal-fired power plants (http://1.usa.gov/1QY5rL6). In their place, the U.S. is getting more of its power from natural gas, which produces about half the emissions that coal-fired plants do (http://1.usa.gov/1RmVP8A). Meanwhile, government incentives have driven the adoption of renewable energy, which is evidenced by the fact that developers jam-packed their solar projects into FY2016 as the sunsetting of federal solar tax incentives loomed at the end of the year (http://[POSSIBLEbit.lySPAM]/1UgG9dv). Incentives for buying electric vehicles have similarly shown their impact in places like Georgia, where the state replaced its tax breaks for EVs with an extra registration fee and suddenly the number of EV registrations plummeted (http://[POSSIBLEbit.lySPAM]/1poQFT3). Then you have the more technical aspects of encouraging adoption of technology that will replace the use of fossil fuels in the U.S. -- the materials that go into making batteries (http://1.usa.gov/1TP9snw), the ability of LED bulb manufacturers to achieve economies of scale (http://1.usa.gov/1puR47j), the building out of hydrogen fuel cell stations so that you can drive hydrogen-powered cars outside LA (http://[POSSIBLEbit.lySPAM]/1PcIdLV), etc. All of these things are supported by government at the federal, state and local levels. It all comes down to price. If these technologies that will help us pollute less without giving up our economy are going to be desirable to consumers, they need to compete economically with the old technology. And while they would get there eventually (they are inherently desirable because of the savings they produce over time), well-crafted government intervention can quickly accelerate cost reductions.

Basically -- we need our government to intervene, or people won't be able to stop polluting until it's too late.

p-edit: oh man I really hope the site doesn't kill half my links. None of them are spam.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437

"THIS IS SOLID BEER CAP LOGIC." -- LlamaFluff

drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:23 pm

In post 94, xRECKONERx wrote:so ABR to be clear you think it's fine that Trump is inciting violence at his rallies or

He's not inciting violence.
#freeShotty

toolenduso
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:26 pm

Oy.

http://[POSSIBLEbit.lySPAM]/1UgG9dv = http://www.seia.org/news/us-solar-marke ... each-16-gw

http://[POSSIBLEbit.lySPAM]/1poQFT3 = http://watchdog.org/244308/subsidies-electric-car/

http://[POSSIBLEbit.lySPAM]/1PcIdLV = http://cafcp.org/about_us#about_us_mission
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437

"THIS IS SOLID BEER CAP LOGIC." -- LlamaFluff

Albert B. Rampage
Illogical Rampage

Post Post #98  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:27 pm

Trump will hire smart people that help him make good decisions for America. MAGA you nimble navigators. Canada will accept any americans that want to hop the fence when Trump is elected.

SleepyKrew
Snark Attack

Post Post #99  (ISO)  » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:31 pm

shotty and ABR what a pair
To be clear: this

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion