Makeup/Beauty Thread

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I wish I had your confidence. I wouldn't mind knowing what the eyeshadow/angled brush trick is, though.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:33 pm

Post by Brandi »

Whenever I finally get the money to support the brand I want, I'm going to actually try to learn how to makeup. It's a beautiful artform, and people like Om keep inspiring me. ;w;
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:41 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 75, Sudo_Nym wrote:I wish I had your confidence. I wouldn't mind knowing what the eyeshadow/angled brush trick is, though.
Just get eyeshadow in any colour (but lets start with black) and apply it with the angled brush (they look like this if u dont know) and since its a brush you can get a fairly good amount of control (that might be my painter side speakin) and the length of the brush line compared to the point of a pencil makes it easier to kind of plan out things. it takes a bit of maneuvering to get curves but if you dab on eyeshadow a little bit at a time rather than going through in one swoop to begin with, you can kinda plan out where the line goes first. it helps me a lot for my wings (which i tend to do as a straight line with a lil flick at the end) because i can just go from the corner of my eye and draw up and out and then fill it in. Pencil takes committment to the line since it shows up less if you try and sketch as opposed to really go for it, so with a brush+shadow you can afford to be a little hesitant. Not to mention that pencil moves the skin around a lot if you press hard enough for it to show but with a brush you can be lighter on your face.

And plus, you use eyeshadow instead of liner (which usually comes in neutral tones and the occasional blue/red/green) so you can effectively use any colour you want as liner (which is very very fun if you have a huge selection of colourful eyeshadows like me :) )
In post 76, Brandi wrote:Whenever I finally get the money to support the brand I want, I'm going to actually try to learn how to makeup. It's a beautiful artform, and people like Om keep inspiring me. ;w;
I dunno what brand ur talking about, but please check out sugarpill if you haven't already. They're vegan/cruelty free and the eyeshadows are wonderfully pigmented (as evidenced by my pics). They also have some lash sets, some brushes and some lipsticks too so there's more than just eyeshadows. Might be a teeny bit pricey compared to any old drugstore makeup but it's very worth it if you love colourful makeup over neutral tones.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
Brandi
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Brandi
Awwwrtist
Awwwrtist

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:49 pm

Post by Brandi »

Ah, I hadn't heard of them. Thanks for the rec Om <3 I looked on their website and they look lovely. I can't get over how awesome having one of their lipsticks would be.

In my post before, I was making a generalization in that I want to do research first. I wanna make sure I know I'm getting something that I will like and will work for me.
I do actually wanna go for some muted stuff for day to day probably, and then fun~ colors for experimenting. What allures me the most right now though is nicely done eyeliner and complimenting eye shadows!
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:02 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

I spent like $300 on a single makeup order last week (so hyped) and am also now enrolled in a cinemagraphic/SFX makeup course for this year, high hopes for my makeup future lets celebrate. Need to do more creative looks soon and just have fun with it. Got some makeup idea books for Christmas, I'll sit down and have a real look through them for ~inspiration~
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:27 am

Post by lalaladucks »

go om!
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:11 am

Post by Bins »

wow that's amazing!! Please teach me
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:15 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

is the concept of winged eyeliner a hoax
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:17 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

i surely can't be the only person who will re-do them 10 times to make them seem acceptable
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:45 am

Post by Chickadee »

It's an art form. I have mastered it. It's doable, but is not an easy path.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:55 am

Post by schadd_ »

yeah i keep trying to get eyeliner but as soon as i take it out of the package it flies away :( :( :( :(
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: shaft.ed

lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:08 am

Post by lalaladucks »

Spoiler: a lil wing
~
v
~
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:22 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'm not really any better at eyeliner, but I've been getting pretty good at foundation, and okay at concealer. I think I look pretty okay, anyway.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
caledfwitch
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by caledfwitch »

its up to you to decide how much makeup u wanna wear! as long as you feel beautiful, no amount is too much or too little
must i have a gender.. is it not enough for me to simply b kinda hot sometimes

2x mafiascum member of the month !! wowowowee !!!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:33 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I go back and forth a lot between "I'm amab, I shouldn't wear makeup" and "Fuck the haters". It's a weird line for me.
caledfwitch
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:00 am

Post by caledfwitch »

why does amab = no makeup? its just a product imo
dudes who are hardasses about gender roles like makeup wearing are often ugly as fuck and could use a little makeup themselves
must i have a gender.. is it not enough for me to simply b kinda hot sometimes

2x mafiascum member of the month !! wowowowee !!!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:20 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I don't make the rules. I'm just eternally enslaved by them.

Return to “General Discussion”