Davsto's Top 100 Songs (Complete!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:32 am

Post by Chevre »

Good work, Davsto!
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

No Maiden?!? No "Behind Blue Eyes"?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:37 pm

Post by Elbirn »

In post 194, Papa Zito wrote:Davsto buddy you desperately need to broaden your horizons.
Yeah I mean I'm 2 months late on this but what he said.

It's not that there's anything bad about your picks, just that uh...man idk there's a whole world of stuff out there and you've zero'd in on the same dozen or so "classic rock" gigs.

Go make a spotify account, listen to your recommended artists, where it suggests stuff related to what you like. You will find many bazillions of albums
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:44 am

Post by Errantparabola »

I hope you don't mind me dragging this thread up because I am genuinely afraid that I'll forget the things I have to say.

Starless-- first of all, great, and thanks. I think 11:55 rests on the context of how much it's been building up to it? Like, you can see that the bass is playing to the C note for basically the whole thing (while the sax and lead play further away, but still around the C). Every phrase is built around the dominant C. But they really stay away from the G. Then it begins to escalate in earnest for a full minute (definitely starts before 11:00). Right before the chord change they're basically just playing with a minor third so in a vacuum it's not that interesting but they've been really holding off on letting the G note out after playing with the dominant for so long, when they finally do at 11:55 it's just that much more satisfying. At least that's how I saw it on a listen, maybe I'm wrong about it all. I'll stay away from pink floyd for right now cause I want to listen to this again.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

One more thing about starless- after listening to it a few times, my definite favorite part is the progression at around 6:00, where the base and the lead play together around a major third (i guess tenth), up a step to a major third, up a step to a major third, up a step to a minor third, up a step to a major third, then BAM G/B turns into C/B at 6:45 and it just feels like the meatiest major seventh ever.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by Davsto »

gdamn I wish I could tell chords by ear because the description makes it better lmao

Return to “General Discussion”