Shotty For Congress

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yes please tell me how you feel about 'the illegals'
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

I'm less worried about actual immigration as I am national security. I support a form of amnesty but I'll get to that.
#freeShotty
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by T S O »

This is pretty great. Though, if you're running in Texas, I'm not entirely sure what you're doing by expounding on your philosophies to the hard-left clientele of ms.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:11 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 152, drmyshottyizsik wrote:especially since when psych and I get into a tiff and shea pms me to tells me to fuck off and treat psych better and not to surpress psychs ideas.
hahaha I fucking love it. arguing with people is suppressing them, especially when they wander into your thread to do it. go on tsq.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Did you not read that he was the one who pmed me and I said nothing like that? Fuck off dude.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by T S O »

Though I'm not really sure what the point of this is, shotty. You would be better served doing this pretty much anywhere but MafiaScum. Issues like abortion aren't really that relevant in Texas because the assumption is simply that you're pro-life and you won't win many friends by being pro-choice.
-Marquis
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:15 pm

In post 202, T S O wrote:This is pretty great. Though, if you're running in Texas, I'm not entirely sure what you're doing by expounding on your philosophies to the hard-left clientele of ms.
Well the district I am running in is getting increasingly liberal, and if I'm going to win as a libertarian I need to know how to pull as much from the moderate left as I can
#freeShotty
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by T S O »

That's pretty interesting. It seems like a pretty efficient way to win in Texas, or in a place like Washington, is just to slant your policies completely to one side whether you believe in them or not.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by T S O »

I don't actually think I have much input here. I'm more conservative than Libertarian, and I'm sure you know what most conservative people would think of your policies, so meh. Good luck, though. You seem like a good guy.
-Marquis
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:28 pm

In post 207, T S O wrote:That's pretty interesting. It seems like a pretty efficient way to win in Texas, or in a place like Washington, is just to slant your policies completely to one side whether you believe in them or not.
lol I'm not slanting them I'm considering views so I can figure out a way to explain mine to people in a way that isn't so off putting
#freeShotty
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:29 pm

Post by talah »

In post 67, Korts wrote:Um, talah, can you stop assigning an opinion to Shea? He has made none of the arguments you are so aggressively refuting. Your first instinct to ask him a question was right, but perhaps you would like to let him answer before you continue?
Shrug, no. If Shea's saying I'm deranged because I have ideals and hopes then Shea can answer for themself.

And I'm asking that they actually question the purpose of guns, in (presumably) your country.
Because it's rife and stupid, and they don't really have a purpose other than to kill.
In post 68, Korts wrote:Would your hypothetical ban on guns also extend to law enforcement agencies?
Well for one I'm not proposing "banning" them because that's the same psychology that ends up needing them.
My mind is drawn back to that (I think Leunig) cartoon where all societies destroy their guns and decide to live in peace and harmony, and then the most important country is taken over by a pointy stick. Or maybe that was a Simpsons episode, now I think of it.
Is there something wrong with questioning why deadly weapons are a "thing" - at all?

Spoiler:
In post 69, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 56, Thestatusquo wrote:So let me summarize.

1) Fuck gay people.
2) Says a whole bunch of nothing, along with the claim that welfare is "out of control" which is not supported by any facts that I am aware of.
3) Uses the pejorative term "illegals" for no fucking reason to refer to people from mexico while making 2 reasonable points (marijuana legalization and needle exchange programs)
4) Makes a claim that is just empirically false about private prison efficiency which displays a shocking lack of knowledge of economics.
5) Fuck women, amirite?
6) I like guns. I am going to attack a position that literally no one has ever held (all guns need to be illegal).
1. uh slander? This has nothing to do with gay people. The fact is the government shouldn't be involved in marriage at all. I mean seriously shea how dare you put cruel words like that in my mouth. I am a large advocate for lbgt rights.
2. are you seriously here just to try and disagree regardless? what is the point here?
3. You aren't reading and are just here to be mean.
4. You are wrong, it is a fact the public prisons are 20% more expensive than private one. Again what are you doing here shea?
5. ok stop and fuck you. I hate women because I don't believe you should be able to kill a baby 5 minutes before it's born? Of course medical exceptions will be made, my entire point was that we can't make it illegal. just stop shea, you are just being mean,
6. You must seriously not be reading. This doesn't even make sense shea.

again this is a place to host a platform and discuss it not a place to say lolol fuck shotty lolol.

I'm not saying fuck you, at all. But I'm surprised and disappointed that you think the last few things you mention here.
Even if only regarding prison. A corporate model is to have customers returning. Or to have a constant, cheap supply of raw material.
There is zero incentive for a private company to get people out of their own prisons, and that seems pretty obvious to me.
Governments at least have some level of public accountability, if laughably so.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by talah »

In post 105, Thestatusquo wrote:I wasn't. I'm saying he is wrong. A "baby that has been born yet" is not a thing. It is an attempt by conservatives to deliberately misunderstand science for the purposes of advancing a viewpoint which is dangerous and harmful.

A fetus is not a human being. It never was, and it will be only after science tells us that it is a human being, which is well after the point at which 99.99% of abortions happen. Making an appeal to emotion argument about it being a human being, and about its rights and "EVERYONE WAS A BABY ONCE." is not only 100% irrelevant to the abortion debate, its just factually stupid.
This is a pretty marvellous comment by the way and I hope you won't see an olive branch of empathy cynically.

Putting the question to the absurd (and not specifically to you btw TSQ) - does every *potential* human life deserve championing?
So then we're actually thinking about vilifying anyone who has the *potential* to have a child, but decides not to?

That guy who pulls out before cumming?
That chick who gets pregnant - and can tell by a test a week later - and didn't want to?
That guy who wears a condom?
That chick who had a guy cum and takes a morning after pill?

Spell out to me the difference if you disagree that choice is a right.
We're not a species that is going to be extinct from lack of reproductive effort, let me tell you that right now.

Interestingly we might want to think about having less kids, and educating them more?
And the rest of it.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I'm just saying wrt guns you don't have any idea what my position even is.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by talah »

Fair enough, I don't.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by talah »

In post 209, drmyshottyizsik wrote:
In post 207, T S O wrote:That's pretty interesting. It seems like a pretty efficient way to win in Texas, or in a place like Washington, is just to slant your policies completely to one side whether you believe in them or not.
lol I'm not slanting them I'm considering views so I can figure out a way to explain mine to people in a way that isn't so off putting
Do you need a hug by the way?

***huggggssss***
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:01 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Probably. He just got banned.
talah
talah
Mafia Scum
talah
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:10 pm

Post by talah »

I actually offered the hugs because I saw he'd siteflaked.

But apparently you and one or two others think it's great to kick people in the face who are down.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:26 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

eh, shotty goes out of his way to be an asshole to people. I have a hard time feeling bad about it.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:27 am

Post by AniX »

He siteflaked AFTER/in response to being banned didn't he?
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:39 am

Post by Fluminator »

In post 216, talah wrote:I actually offered the hugs because I saw he'd siteflaked.

But apparently you and one or two others think it's great to kick people in the face who are down.
Excuse me?
What is wrong with the people on this forum.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:41 am

Post by Fluminator »

I was probably one of the only person who was nice to him and had friendly pm discussions with. You're going on the mute list.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:47 am

Post by wgeurts »

Mixed feelings about the shotty ban to be fair.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:52 am

Post by Psyche »

i mean
the reasoning is pretty airtight?
Rob14
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Rob14
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:27 pm

Post by Rob14 »

I was somewhat friendly with him and had PM conversations regularly. I don't think he's a bad person. He just has some really shitty views, imo. When he's confronted with facts and logic, he generally changed his views or at least moderated somewhat, except on that silly unemployment thing. But that was a good ban. He was really asking for some form of ban the past two weeks or so. I don't think he expected it to be that long, but he's got to know the risk when starting shit intentionally.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:31 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

he didn't even siteflake he started posting in mish mash now and is still doing his mafia stuff
To be clear: quack

Return to “General Discussion”