2016 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:04 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Tonight on RAW, Tom Brady was put on THE LIST. His career is officially over.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:31 am

Post by shaft.ed »

At least it's raining on their parade
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:33 am

Post by PokerFace »

White set Superbowl reception record. No player ever got that many receptions in Superbowl. He really deserved it more imo
racefan12 wrote:
In post 737, PokerFace wrote:I feel I would have enjoyed the game more if I liked the pats. Wraith is right about Atlanta shitting it away. They should have ran it and got a chip shot field goal. Some Falcon guy in booth should have told Quinn not to challenge the edelman catch. Quinn threw flag on reflex and should have asked before he did that. Every replay showed it was a catch. Should have got touch back in final minute. Touchback and timeout could have given flacons a final drive with clearer heads. 3rd quarter was only boring part, I actually like it when defense does good like they did at the start of the game. My favorite superbowl still NYG > NE in 2007 season.
The Edelman catch occurred with barely over 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter. Even if you don't think there's much of a chance the play gets overturned, you have nothing to lose by challenging it, as all future plays would be challenged by the replay booth. Also it gave the Falcons defense another brief opportunity to rest (not that it helped any).
Having a timeout during ATL's final drive which would give offense time to think more clearly I feel has more value than reviewing a play that was not gonna change.

I myself wanted to throw i flag on reflex the moment I saw the play. I would not be surprised that is why Quinn did it. As soon as I saw one replay I knew call was not changing
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 749, Kmd4390 wrote:Brady would say that if he was 30/30 for 750 yards and 12 TDs. It's just how he chooses to speak to the media.
Yep. Media has often asked him if he feels he is best QB ever. Tom always says Joe Montana best QB ever.

I hate tom but he does know how to talk to media.

after all if he said "I am best ever" I'd hate him more.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:49 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 753, PokerFace wrote:
In post 749, Kmd4390 wrote:Brady would say that if he was 30/30 for 750 yards and 12 TDs. It's just how he chooses to speak to the media.
Yep. Media has often asked him if he feels he is best QB ever. Tom always says Joe Montana best QB ever.

I hate tom but he does know how to talk to media.

after all if he said "I am best ever" I'd hate him more.
Best of all time.

Can we call him a boat?
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Post by Killthestory »

Bill Belichick could be an amazing mafia player along with being the GOAT for coaching.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

Way too early next year predictions.

Romo goes to KC

1 KC
2 NE
3 PIT
4 TEN
5 OAK
6 BAL

1 GB
2 NYG
3 SEA
4 TB
5 DAL
6 SF

Outside of CAR's 3 peat no team has repeated hold of NFC south. Consider how well TB did this year and couple that with ATL and CAR loosing some important co-ordinators, I say TB takes NFC South next year

BAL < PIT
OAK > TEN
DAL > TB
SF > SEA

DAL > GB
SF < NYG
OAK < KC
PIT < NE

DAL > NYG
NE < KC

DAL < KC
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:41 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Romo's not going to KC. Foles is fine as a backup for them and Romo wants to start.

I agree with you on Tampa though. I've been saying since their little winning streak that their near future looks pretty bright.

1. PIT
2. NE
3. OAK
4. TEN
5. KC
6. CIN

1. DAL
2. SEA
3. TB
4. GB
5. ATL
6. NYG

OAK>CIN
KC>TEN
TB>NYG
GB>ATL

OAK>NE
PIT>KC
TB>SEA
GB>DAL

OAK>PIT
TB>GB

OAK>TB
37-20. Carr MVP.

Top 5 2018 draft picks:
1. NYJ
2. LA Rams
3. CHI
4. PHI
5. CLE

Fully admit to my Raiders fan bias and this is just for fun. Tampa beat KC and Seattle in that winning streak this season. I want to see what they do at RB, especially during Martin's suspension. But Winston played pretty well and is only getting better and more comfortable. Evans fixed his problems with drops and put up great numbers (#4 in rec yards, #2 in Rec TDs). I expect an upgrade at TE. The line obviously needs work, but if they take care of that, the offense will be one of the best in the league.

I considered putting the Bills in the 6 seed, but I don't like that they are going with a complete overhaul when they don't need to. The Bengals' biggest problem was injuries and they can fix that.

The NFC North is interesting too and it's easy to just default to the Packers because of their consistency over past years, but it's really not that simple. The Vikings showed promise early in the year, but they have very little cap space to fix the issues that they ran into and the DBs need to get on the same page with the coaching staff. The Lions improved a lot out of nowhere and it's hard to say whether they'll repeat this season's success or not. I can see it because the change seems to be a locker room / culture kind of thing, but maybe that would change if they lost a few games in a row at some point. It's hard for us fans to predict something like that because we aren't in the locker room with them. The Packers have already moved on from a couple of players early this offseason (Starks, Shields) but they don't really tend to make a lot of changes and they don't need to. I'd like to see them establish a running game, but they don't have many other weaknesses.

Most of my other picks are just teams that are good right now that it's hard to see dropping off. Of course 2-3 of them, at a minimum, probably will. But it will be because of a bad offseason, injuries, or other bad luck/decisions that there's no way we'll see coming right now. Other teams will improve in the draft and free agency, but it's hard to say who or why, and they may jump some of these teams. For example, the Redskins have a ton of uncertainty in their passing game. Until we see the offseason (who they keep, who they don't, and who they bring in), how can we say how they'll do next season?

I also feel weird putting the Browns at #5 in the draft believe it or not. They have a ton of draft picks, including #1 and #12 overall. They have a ton of cap space. And I really like their head coach. But a 1-15 team that is terrible at drafting and will struggle to get free agents to want to sign with them doesn't turn into a playoff team overnight. It will take time. And yes, more than it has already because they basically started over (again) last offseason. Now that they have the cap space and draft picks, it's time to see what they do with it. Baby steps.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 733, Zachrulez wrote:Everyone always thinks the current year superbowl is the best, and it probably isn't.
Man, that's not true.

I finally got around to watching SBLI (shutup). Good game with a great finish.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated

Return to “General Discussion”