Fiction Rumble: Week 11 (Current Champion: Zachstralkita)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:20 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

p sure kuribo will decide if we reset it or w/e is going to happen?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Yeah we're resetting and Zach's making a new prompt
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:09 am

Post by inspectorscout »

do I need glasses or will dunn finally write?
But I know,
At the end...
Remind me of the fool I really am.

Am Zaphkael now.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:10 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm not
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by Apricity »

So what's the new prompt? :D
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:21 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

Okay I guess I am making a new prompt

Your story centers around your main character(s) being trapped in a cave. [Open-ended]

Max: 3000 words

Deadline: January 7th, 9PM EST

Dunnstral wrote:I'm not
Yes you are buddy it's time to get out of that shell

EDIT: ok guys is it a good prompt? a shitty prompt? Should Dunn make the fucking prompt?

haha when you say the word prompt a lot you begin to realize it's a pretty funny word haha
Last edited by Zachstralkita on Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:00 am

Post by Apricity »

It's a nice prompt

When's the deadline?
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Edited in
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:26 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Just as a heads up, this story contains explicit depictions of violence and familial abuse.
Response to Zach prompt.

Spoiler: Disobedience, 1053 words
In the 1960s, Stanley Milgram conducted an experiment on 40 people.

“You’re not getting any food today. Worthless sack of shit. That’ll teach you to talk back to me,” he snarled.

The door closed, and I could hear the sound of the latch. Even if it hadn’t locked, I was in no shape to climb the stairs to reach the door leading out of the cave-like basement.

I was alone, with nothing but the cold floor and the sloppily painted walls as my companions.

The people were tasked with teaching pairs of words to strangers and testing their memory skills.

I slowly sat up from where he had thrown me to the floor, wincing at the pain in my back. I felt tears well up and blinked them away. This did not deserve my emotion.

My thoughts turned to my family. My father was the worst. It was frigid looks and taciturn conversations in the house, but when I was in here, he would yell and scream… my mother was no better. I would limp back through the back door and she would be there in the living room, face only illuminated by her reading light. And I would never be able to tell what emotion was there behind her eyes.

Every time the learners got the words incorrect, the teachers were told to administer gradually increasing electric shocks.

I could tell one of my teachers. I could tell a police officer. But then I thought about my sister, 6 years younger than me. Based on how well they treated her, I knew that I had every right to despise her.

The learners were in on the experiment, and the shocks were fake. They would pretend to get an answer incorrect, and then play prerecorded sounds corresponding to the severity of the shock.

But sometimes I would be there when she came home from her day at school and cheerfully announced her arrival. Sometimes I would be there when she heard the glowing praise of our parents, and I would see her bright smile. So innocent. So young.

They started at the level of 75 volts. The teachers were given a sample electric shock as a demonstration of what it was like. The voltage increased by 15 each time, up to the maximum level of 450 volts.

I was so afraid of what might happen if someone were to find out. About where she would go. About what they would do to me… what they would do to her.

I heard steps approaching my dark prison, and the latch unlocking. My father threw open the door and stormed in.

The audio that would be played would start out with small expressions of pain and escalate to requests for the experimentation to stop. Eventually, the “learners” would play sounds of screaming. Sounds of hysterically begging to get out.

He screamed and slapped me. He grabbed me and told me that I should never have been born. I could smell the alcohol on his breath.

Eventually, it would escalate past 330 volts, an extremely painful shock enough to incapacitate a human being. There would be nothing but silence.

My father continued to ramble on. He told me the same story he would tell me every time we were here.

He told me the story about he had been so happy when I was conceived, so excited for his family’s future. He told me about how everything changed when I was born. He told me about how my birth had caused the death of his first wife. As he attacked me, I could see that his eyes were glistening with tears.

Everyone had expected for a vast majority of the subjects to stop the experiment quickly, before it escalated too far. They all thought that only a tiny percentage of people would carry out the experiment to its end.

“Dad? Dad!” A weak voice called out, and I saw my horrified sister in the doorway, warm light flooding the room.

My gut twisted with fear. Even through the stinging pain I wished that my father had remembered to close the door to the basement. No 12-year-old should have to see this.

When the test subjects expressed concern or reluctance to escalate the shocks, the experimenters said that it was absolutely essential that the experiment go on, and that they must continue.

My father stood up. “Go to bed, don’t worry about it. Everything will be fine,” he said, doing his best to adopt a soothing tone.

Her voice was shaking. Her eyes darted from my father stern expression to my fearful one. “What’s going on here? What’s happening?” She took a few halting steps down the stairs.

Contrary to expectations, every single one of the 40 participants increased the voltage up to 300 volts, enough to be severely painful and potentially fatal. 65 percent, 26 out of the 40, increased the voltage all the way up to the maximum of 450 volts, even after met with repeated silence.

“Go!” My father yelled, pointing at the door.

The experiment was repeated multiple times in a way so that someone else was pressing the switches to administer the shocks and the people were merely reading the word pairs. Only a tiny number of people refused to carry out the experiment.

My sister ran to us, pushing my father away. She grabbed my arm and frantically helped me up the stairs, ignoring his threats.

The psychological community was shocked. They had never expected that the amount of people who would disobey someone of perceived authority would be so few. They had never expected that taking action as a bystander to that kind of injustice would be so rare.

Together, we ran through the front door and out into the moonlit street. We ran until it was too painful for me, and I collapsed to the ground.

She sat on her feet and wrapped her arms around me, and I sobbed into her shoulder for what seemed like hours. I cried because of the years that I had lived with my family. I cried because she would have to experience pain and uncertainty at such a young age.

I cried, on a sidewalk of an unfamiliar street, and hugged my sister, wondering when she would have disobeyed.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:04 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

My meme!! nooo
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:34 pm

Post by Zulfy »

Spoiler: The Palace, 477 words
Intricate but uncreative carvings saturated the walls. Two creaks because he swiveled the metal door. A few steps in and there was a ladder that he had never used:
Crabs looked up at him offering their full contempt. One did a few shoulder shuffles in a ritualistic "fuck you".
He grimaced at them for a bit before heading back to the original room. He browses for some time before finding a clean section of wall.

*The static helped distract from the numbness in his tongue. He had found the stereo while climbing the walls. Enough concentration allowed his ear to summon some songs from another area, but the indignant shouts and furious stomps that followed made him turn the radio off and keel over while he waited for the swelling to go down.

**She sat with food in her teeth and a grin. The rest ignored him too, all of them sitting around the table strategically blocking their faces from view. He had already busted a few chairs on the salad bar and was now attempting to break the glass that denied him the grass and the tree. When finished he stared at his success, a dirt wall, in terror before turning around and launching the rock in his hand at her.

***He entered the hall with the worst feeling in his stomach. The first person he recognized only sheepishly told him to talk to Mattias, who was in the office. He succeeded in arriving there without breaking into a sprint. Opening the door he found the chairs covered in dirt and Mattias sitting on the floor with concrete all over his hands.

***"We're building something" Mattias said, with an unironic pout.

****I have a bit of trouble drawing these sorts of things. My mind wanders quite a bit and the nature of this sort of thing makes it that much harder to get all the details on paper. I interrupt myself multiple times, when I remember a link and have to erase and redraw to make room. I give him his prognosis which he receives with typical thuggish nonchalance. The mind will do its best to rationalize the occurrences, I tell him. Keeping his mental faculties in check requires constant exercise and diligence in reporting any new symptoms. I ask him about his past and if there's any sort of bullshit you wanna spew with that scabby sphincter you call a mouth you pelagic fuck get over here get over here let me I'm tear you up bit by motherfucking bit little bitch

Outside a bush with some nice flowers in it. Farther away maybe some mountains and a denser set of trees. These are ignored in favor of the tantrum he makes manifest. Once he's finished with his vulgarity he heads back to the ladder. Claws ricket ecstatically as he loosens his grip on the railing.
no investigation no right to speak
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:41 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

Woaaaaaaaa

I can give another week if other people want to revive this..

Also Dunn has the best avi
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by Zulfy »

I think week-long deadlines really dry this thread up.

3 days would be my suggestion if I was in charge of suggesting things.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

I think I'm just going to judge these two sometime this week and we will start with the champion from that
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:46 am

Post by Zachstralkita »

I will have to give it to Errantparabola only because it's more polished and meaty, but I am interested in Zulfy's writing style
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:13 am

Post by Errantparabola »

"write a story where the main character is inspired by a mafiascum user"

is this prompt okay? i don't want it to be like "lets point out what i think this person's flaws are" you know.
if it's okay then everyone gets a week and 2000 words, if not then i got a backup prompt

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:26 am

Post by Mina »

Is the main character supposed to BE a mafiascum user (finally, an excuse to write a Psyche/Zulfy fanfic), is it someone who just has certain traits of a mafiascum user, or either? And if it's the second one, should we point out in an author's note who inspired it?
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

i woudl say you can choose what is better between writing about a mafiscum user or writing someone who is inspired by a mafiascum user.
And I also would say that you don't have to point out who was the inspiration if you don't want.

--implosion
provided
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by Zulfy »

In post 466, Mina wrote:finally, an excuse to write a Psyche/Zulfy fanfic
the world has waited long enough
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:36 pm

Post by vizIIsto »

ego

I haven't read any stories from Fiction Rumble or Fiction Rumble II. I'm very interested in reading them!
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:57 am

Post by vizIIsto »

In post 1, kuribo wrote:
A Gonzo Escapade of Sex, Drugs and Politics.
Word limit is: 2000
I decided to write a story to the first prompt! If anybody wants to read it, here it is:
The Fangs Will Bite
(1472 words)

Spoiler:
“Can you put it a bit higher up my arm? Maybe right here?”
“Babe, help remember me, why did I say ‘yes’ to doing this for you again?”
“Because I’m gonna do you a favor afterwards.”
“Look me in the eyes with such a flirty look one more time and you know I’ll cut this needle through that pale skin of yours.”
“What doesn’t hurt me makes me weaker.”
I should have never said yes to her request.

Most things in life are simple and fresh, exactly how they should be. Some things are processed in a more thorough and tolerable way, whereas other activities can take weeks, months, or even years to be fully executed, and no one is able to understand such a case in its completeness despite having a prolonged period of time to try and reason every definite piece of the case.
There are also activities which are frowned upon, below and from the sides. Activities that every compos mentis has a mutual opinion on. You could say, when performing such actions, you are breaking the rules of life.
The community I’m part of abides by different rules. There are no single-edged sabres when it comes to carrying out those activities; we don’t agree on those rules. Our sabres show the two ideals of this district: the pride and respect you gain from comrades when you rely upon our laws, and the red blood that will mark your disloyalty when you don’t. These can be found in our insignia: a sabre-toothed tiger whose tusks are blue and red.
I’m the creator of that emblem. What else would they anticipate me to bring forth when we are known by the ‘Sabre Bleu’? Not that I have any qualms about depicting the elephant in the room.

“I didn’t know these neon signs could actually work!”
I don’t like it when she’s continuously teasing me on the job.
“I don’t want this to look horrendous on you. You are way too pretty for that.”
“Pretty is an understatement.”
“Do you want me to call you a slut?”
“Hmm... not yet. Maybe when you’re done.”
“Well then, pipe down a bit and let me do what I always do.”
Ugh.

Every week I see a plethora of young individualists entering my shop, often with the craziest of requests. I had a deceivingly young fella hop by of late, who requested a burning skull with little candle-like flames simmering inside. A few days later, I saw someone dousing themselves with petrol half a block down the street and transform into a walking fire; I would bet 50 bucks that it was the same kid.
Something inside of me secretly hopes that events like these will scare off other youngsters with similar fiery aspirations instead of stoking these flames. But then again, we’re running short on soldiers and I don’t feel like doing the dirty jobs in this neighborhood. They’re spying on us, I smell it. They can do the filthy work, I’m happy with pursuing my tasks in this clan.
Rumors say that the Thundercolts took away some of our juveniles and keep them for their own. I always struggle to understand why they would even switch gangs once they paired with one to begin with. I mean, if you are really convinced our clan stinks, why not quit committing yourself to one at all and move on with your life? Maybe this is just me being overly hopeful about those destructive pubescents not cutting across.

My mouth feels like the Sonora Desert at this point in time.
“Do you want to take a break, sweetheart?“
“Don’t call me sweetheart. I’m not sweet.”
“There are no people with only one face. Stop masking the sweet side of you, I know it’s there!”
“It isn’t, Hannah.”
“You are so sweet when you tell lies.”
Fine. We’re the only two people in this building right now so who gives a shit.

I don’t know any other world than the tattoo world. The ink is my beliefs about life, and the needle is the voice of that ink. The real world is messed up as fuck, it doesn’t take a genius to understand that. What better way to describe it than to depict the earth with oceans soaked in blood, dripping away off the earth’s surface to feed a thirsty monster of unbelief below, with the words ‘a magna insania‘, meaning ‘through great madness‘.
I don’t want to explore the world of being a soldier of Sabre Bleu. I’m glad the consigliere’s taste of art parallels that of mine, so I didn’t have to go through all of that drivel. It takes just one sniff of cocaine for a 15-year old to fall for our clan and proclaim the wild wonders of fairy dust to the rest of their generation.
And it seems to work out well, too. As long as they stay at the bottom of the social ladder – that is, within the networks of our gang – they will be too obsessed with drugs to realize how much better they’re off when they’re a bit higher up the rank, let alone getting an impression of what it’s like. And as long as they’re our drug dealers, I won’t have to do it either.

Hannah is creeping up on me.
“So, tell me, honey, are you feeling like a sweetheart already?”
“Give me one reason why I should.”
“You tell me.”
“I can’t, I don’t have a reason.”
In all honesty, I kinda do feel sympathetic towards her. She probably knows, but I don’t want to admit it.
“Admit that you have feelings for me and you will have one.”
No, I don’t want to.
“So that I can go around and boast about how you call me a sweetheart? The capos will like to hear those stories.“
“Haha, I know for a fact they do.“
Oh yeah, I almost forgot she does.
“I better finish off my work now.“

I met Hannah about a week ago. She asked me if I also did tattoo removals. Which one, I asked. She pointed at a tattoo which I instantly recognized...
I dream of that tattoo. That tattoo equals danger. It’s the engraving of the Thundercolts. This might not be the tattoo I see the most, but it’s a close number two. The only reason I don’t see more of them is because I’m rarely involved in clan fights unless it’s of important value that I show up. One time I saw a firefight across the street. When it was over, one of our men decided to stop by since he noticed me observing the fight, and I joked about how I wanted to help out but my tattoo gun is of no use compared to normal guns. He laughed.
It’s rare to see someone from the Thundercolts walk in my shop and ask me to remove their clan tattoo. That can mean one of two things: they are either a spy trying to screw me over, or they are serious about their request. Since I’m not really considered as a main target for handing out the first blow in another clan war, I hope for and assume the latter. Whichever of the two it really is, never say no to their request, then they are bound to backstab you.
I removed it anyways.

I feel my hand trembling. I know Hannah feels it too.
“Is there supposed to be a curly line there?“
I quickly move my tattoo gun away and take a deep breath.
“Are you doing okay?“
“You know I’m not supposed to give you this tattoo.“
“I’ll let you think otherwise when you’re done.“
Well, some private time between the two of us is better than our frequent ‘gang bangs’, as Joe humorously calls them while stressing the G-A-N-G.
Our mafia has a rule I’m breaking. ‘Women are not allowed‘. I know when this tattoo is finished, and she walks out the door, it only takes one eye from our widespread clan to notice the tattoo and I’m going to be hanged. It will be frowned upon, below and from the sides within our gang. Something unforgivable. That’s why I didn’t mind putting the tattoo higher up her arm. Unless she’s going to wear tank tops this summer, I should be good.
“Is your hand still shaking?“
“No, it’s fine now.“
I know what goal I’m working towards, sort of. The gangster life sucks, and I want to get out of it. At least I can, because I’ve never been out of this luxury position within our community. Whether it’s going to get me slain or not, I am happy that I won’t have to live like this anymore soon. This tattoo will be the expression of that wish.
“They will hear my voice.”

I would be more than happy with reviews, so please read my story and tell me what you think! :D

edit: I didn't really understand the prompt all too well, but I hope this story answers the prompt somewhat
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:21 pm

Post by vizIIsto »

In post 470, vizIIsto wrote:I would be more than happy with reviews, so please read my story and tell me what you think! :D
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:46 am

Post by vizIIsto »

In post 35, kuribo wrote:My avatar is War. And so, I want to hear your tales of war. NOT from the point of view of the soldiers, nor the politicians.

I want to see your tales of the REAL victims of war. Whether they're widows, survivors, children, what-have-you.

War as seen from the eyes of the innocents caught in the middle. The story can take place in the past, the present, the future, or even an alternate world. You can make me laugh, cry, feel fear, whatever you want. The war can be any type of war you want. Just make sure you tell me of its innocent victims.

Give it
1000 words or less,
lest innocents of your story be lost in the grand scheme of things.
Here is my Fortnite-related story! Yes, Fortnite. I don't know why, but Fortnite.
Athena's Tragedy
577 words

Spoiler:
This town is not what it used to be. My residence, once so peaceful, has now been turned into the setting of a bloodiest conflict. One that this island has never seen before. The inhabitants, who were all dearest to me and some still are, but others’ lives they have taken for being mistaken. I still have not heard of most of my relatives, my friends. If they are still alive, if they have also been struck by this misfortune, or are they safe from the disastrous upset they have caused here? My cattle has been murdered for food, for their food, not mine! They have taken this city, they have taken my source of income, soon will they take away my children too, and then my life? My life, which has never been so shocked to see what has happened to my surroundings like an infant taken away from their parents?

I never thought I would see the day where men would rise from the skies, but evil these men turned out to be. Slaughtering everything in sight; I have been spared by the hands of God himself that I am still alive. The soldiers have since gone northward, towards the lake. The treasures they seek within I have never spotted myself, but they went anyways.

Woe is me for my kindhearted brother Thomas has not left a message ever since doom rained down upon our guiltless souls, which are in despair to these demonic angels with their boneshattering axes and their razor-sharp spears and their robust revolvers. It is not our lives they are seeking to make miserable, they have the imminent urge to exterminate their own race. Why they have chosen to battle it out on our territory instead of theirs, do I not know.

I have not heard anything of my sweet kinsperson and dearest brother and friend Thomas, to my mourning. Is he still faring well in Paradise Palms? Have the outlanders landed near his domicile too? Does he still have the hopes to realize his bright future? Does he still have the freedom to engage in sport climbing, or is he barred from exploring the outside world like I am now? Alas, how I would love to see him amazed by the wonders our bounded island has to offer like a newborn cow leaving the stables to dance on the tickling grass on an early summer’s day for the first time...

Today, I am left in bewilderment anew. In spite of the fact that all of these soldiers have left this town since they landed here, I have been tortured with the abominable sin to see the bloody bodies they have left behind. My neighbor Ellen, a charming woman whose eyes used to glitter like the morning sun as it rises behind the eastern hills; her eyes are now haunted with a devilish stare into the limitless cosmos. My cherised companion Bill, with his once so elegant blue overall, now covered in his own blood. My cattle, my precious cattle, all innocent creatures whom I always treated as family members. May their gracious spirits be merciful for that I didn’t lend them a hand.

To God I send my prayers, my prayers, my prayers to Thomas, my prayers to Ellen, my prayers to Bill, my prayers that we are to be spared more of these abhorrent monstrosities, for that I wish to be reunited with those that are dearest to me.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:06 am

Post by Nexus »

tw: suicide, sex

Spoiler: Inspired by the name Psyche
It pulses over him like waves crashing against the cliff edge. That voice again. Worthless. Useless. Why not do it?

He shakes his head. He won't let it win. He never lets it win.

But what if? Just...try it. End it. When it's over, you'll never hear it again. Go on. Do it.

He catches the sight of his face in the mirror as he pulls open the cabinet. It's enough for him to break the spell.

Heading downstairs, the thought flits across his mind again. He fantasises what it might be like to be a crumpled heap at the bottom of the stairs. Why not? If it’s not a complete success, perhaps he could get some sympathy. Broken legs are worth more to people than broken minds, after all.

Descending the final step, he breathes a sigh of relief and closes his eyes. Time for the box breathing again…and again…and again. His mind clears enough for him to make it to the fridge. Peering inside, he notices that the ham is out of date. Food poisoning seems like a good way to get out of work. Looking at his watch, he realises that he hasn’t got time to get ill right now. He’s due at work ten minutes ago. Whoops.

He crosses the threshold of the hell hole workplace at twenty-two minutes and five seconds past the hour. Before he’s even pulled his jacket off, his boss, the absolute waste man that he is, has already tapped his watch and raised his eyebrows in the universal sign of “you’ll be making that up today” that he already knows and loves.

Sitting in front of his desk, the endless hours of typing and copying and pasting and typing and deleting and typing and deleting and typing and clicking and emailing and…his mind drifts off again. Could he put his head through the monitor? What damage would that do? What if he brought a gun to work, decorating the room a healthy shade of brain? Imagine his boss’ face. “you’ll be making that up today” he’d wiggle his eyebrows to the rest of the team. “make sure you get every last shard.” No, he is selfish, but he is not that selfish. Poor Dillys, she’d have a heart attack, and yet still manage to drag herself through to tut at him and his choice of shirt, even if death.

Lunch time came and went and still he clicked, and typed, and clicked, and typed. He had to make up the time. The anti-depressants were wearing off as the day ticked on and on, and the fog was dropping further and further. Could he make his way to the roof? No, they’d locked the fire escape. Plus, inconveniencing those poor passers by when he was a splat of raspberry jam would not be fair. Not fair at all.

Finally, he’d made up his twenty-two minutes and five seconds and made his way out of the office. No one said goodbye. No one even noticed, except the boss, who gave him a wry “see you tomorrow smile.” He smiled back. Well, grimaced. Either way, he’d see him tomorrow. Unless a bus hit him. Ha-ha. That would be hilarious. Unless…?

No, of course he could not do that to the bus driver. Back home he went. He had a momentary hope that he’d left the gas of the hob on, then maybe he’d drift off painlessly once he got home, until he remembered that he hadn’t had time to cook. Still, that ham was there, waiting for him. Delicious, out of date ham. Food poisoning. Although, the aggro he’d get from missing work wasn’t even worth it. Unless it killed him. Fat chance.

He got home and opened the fridge again. Downing the remnants of the milk bottle, he rested his head on the top of the door. Nothing for dinner. Just Eat again. No wonder he was such a fat fuck. Chinese takeaway soon arrived, and the appetite had gone. Didn’t stop him demolishing the whole order though. Quick flick through Netflix, nothing new, and a slow traipse up the stairs. Time for a quick wank.

Autoerotic asphyxiation – he’d read about that. Hilarious way to go. Could he try it? Opening the porn he had bookmarked, he considered it. Nah. Vanilla was best. Quick five knuckle shuffle then the shame washing over him. Bathroom again. Down the bottle of bleach. Painful. Of course not, he was a coward. Grabbing his pills from the cabinet, he took the directed one, then put them back. Bedtime.

It was always a disappointment to wake up. Yet it happened again. Time for another day in paradise.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:31 am

Post by Nexus »