2017 UK/Europe Easter Meet (April 7th - April 14th)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:35 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Thank you everyone for sharing lovely photos and more importantly for a wonderful time at the meet.

I'm not sure if anyone else has recorded the excellent story of meet-newbie Chris, who lasted 3 night phases as a fakeclaimed mason, in a 4-player game with 2 actual masons (CDB and Patrick). He insisted that he'd waved at them in the night but they'd failed to see him, and it was only when they requested a 3rd 'bonus' night phase that they realised he definitely wasn't waking up with them.

Spoiler: Murder Mystery group photo, and some others
YARR!

The cast are ready for the most murderous murder mystery I've experienced.

The props and the loot

Some kinda deal going down between CDB and Erik.

Bella trying to 'negotiate' with Myko.

A secret marriage takes place on the balcony.

Captain-CES tries to call some order... who's been doing all this stabbing then.

Sister Agnes-Max is almost certainly one of the stabbers.

Alas poor Nexus. He made the mistake of claiming to be a pirate in front of the guy who had pledged to stab all pirates. He was not a pirate.

Total death count - about 5 I think. Mostly in the final 10 minutes.

The BBQ

Patrick invents an 'improved' game of rock paper scissors, i don't know the details but one of the options is 'Graham'

Exploring the forestry centre. Dan and CES take the high route, Shanba opts for the feet-wetting one.

We don't know what this was intended for but assume the goal was to jump about on the ropes and try and knock off the other players.

Mini golfing... trying to figure out where the ball comes out of the dove.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:50 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

In post 100, Fenchurch wrote:I'm not sure if anyone else has recorded the excellent story of meet-newbie Chris, who lasted 3 night phases as a fakeclaimed mason, in a 4-player game with 2 actual masons (CDB and Patrick). He insisted that he'd waved at them in the night but they'd failed to see him, and it was only when they requested a 3rd 'bonus' night phase that they realised he definitely wasn't waking up with them.
Oh my word, how could we have left this out until now! It was one of the most wonderfully ballsy plays I've ever seen face-to-face, executed as perfectly as it could have been.

Day 1: Patrick and I claim mason, so does Chris, Primate's sitting there very confused. Patrick and I chuckle about how we totally missed Chris in the night. We have a discussion about whether the gag is that one of the masons are scum or that none of them are. Chris decides that it
must
be one of the masons or the game would be pointless, and votes Patrick. Patrick and I insist that Prozac absolutely would deal us a setup as silly as one scum + three masons and both want to lynch Primate, but Chris absolutely will not be persuaded. Reluctantly, we vote No Lynch to see who dies.

Night 1: We don't normally do a mason phase after Night 0 but I jokingly insist that we are given one (because it's just funny to have a night phase where 75% of people have their eyes open at the same time). We are reluctantly allowed a mason phase, during which I furiously point at Primate and try to get Chris's attention.

Day 2: Nobody died. We're back where we were, me and Patrick trying to convince Chris that Primate is scum. It takes five whole minutes for me to realise that I didn't get Chris's attention because his eyes weren't open. Everyone laughs their heads off and we No Lynch to get another night phase.

Night 2: Patrick and I stare at Chris while pissing ourselves laughing at his perfectly composed face, eyes tightly shut.

Day 3: We lynch Chris, he's a lyncher on Patrick.

He sold the initial claim
so well
that even literally seeing him with his eyes closed wasn't enough to instantly shatter the illusion.
#greenshirtthursdays
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:18 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Man murder mystery looks so fun.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:19 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

In post 95, ChannelDelibird wrote: Some people apparently won games of Fuse but I don't believe them.
I'll have you know we won two games of Fuse, one with literally a second left on the clock.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Im sure I saw one game of fuse won quite comfortably.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:47 pm

Post by ChannelDelibird »

and yet there is no proof
#greenshirtthursdays
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:53 pm

Post by Nexus »

I won by never playing it again.
Trans rights are human rights.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 7:13 am

Post by wgeurts »

That looked like a blast, if this is some time past may next year I may be able to cross the channel to visit. Else I'm going to be dealing with the joy of exams.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri May 05, 2017 8:13 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Would be fantastic to have you along wgeurts - and anyone else who is thinking of attending next year! However, Eastermeet will probably always be around Easter, since this time works well for the scummers who work in teaching, and it means we can rent somewhere affodably (summer prices would be higher).

We do sometimes have smaller meets during the summer though, in the past we've done London mini-meets, and Poro's been talking a while about doing an Edinburgh meet sometime during the festival in August. It's quite possible something like that will be happening next year, which may work better for you.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2017 12:44 am

Post by Porochaz »

Festivalmeet wouldnt happen this year Im afraid. Staying anywhere sky-rockets up during the festival (like 3/4 times the price) and if I were to organise it, I'd probably have to start around christmas time the previous year, if not before. My friend owns an airbnb which I thoughtt I might be able to use, but it's been booked for months (hence the christmas timeframe) and he's expecting his first child any day now...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat May 06, 2017 1:03 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Prozac and I already talked about me coming next year and I can't disappoint him two years in a row.

For real this time though.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2017 11:53 pm