Luke Cage

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Luke Cage

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:19 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Was the fastest falloff from good to bad I've ever seen in my life. How can you take a good show and drive it off a cliff?

Honeymoon over Marvel. That show SUCKED
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by hiplop »

oh no. I'm watching it right now and its still pretty entertaining.

this has me worried!
third best scummer of all time
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by Sméagol »

I actually didn't think it it started off that good.. Ep 1 was boring. Highlight for me was episode 7, with some background story for Cottonmouth and Mariah. Overall though, I can't recommend the series, definitely the worst of the bunch. Still looking forward to Iron Fist and Defenders.
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
: none
/
running
: none
/
coming up
: large normal (18p) / micro theme (9)
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:05 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Okay yeah fair, episode 1 was slow as fuck. But it got really really good in the middle. Then it just fell apart into the worst flavor of comic book bullshit. You had a really good villain, and the best followup to a really good villain is an entirely different sort of villain. Not a garbage version of the last villain but with magic bullets.

Speaking of, way to keep it real and street Marvel. Magic boom boom bullets, long long half brothers and robot suits. With a hood flavor for some reason. Did you take tone shift advice from Arrow?

Also way to keep it real with the shootouts in broad daylight in the middle of New York City and no cops with no explanation. People totally wander around New York City with assault rifles like it's Detroit or Baltimore. Can you fucking keep track of what city you're supposed to be portraying with your gritty realism? Because the Wire wouldn't have shown that shit in Bodymore Murderland, and part of the point of the show was what a fucking mess Balmore was. Which I get its a fictional universe, but set it in Gotham or something, if you're going to do pseudorealism in NYC you have to do it in New York City, not in magic Christmasland.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones

Return to “General Discussion”