PRO WRESTLING THREAD!!!

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Pronoun: He

Post Post #2950  (ISO)  » Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:09 am

In post 2949, Panzerjager wrote:In LA, you're not catching a trolley from anywhere to anywhere, so at least it'd all be rideshare/etc

Post event surge pricing is the worst.

I waited till 2am after All In just so I could get an Uber from Hoffman Estates to Schaumburg without paying $100

Post-Mania surges have been noted to be 6x or even 8x
BEFORE WE GO TO THE RESTAURANT I MUST ENCASE YOU IN CARBONITE!!! (Throws frozen date into ocean) NOW WHO IS GOING TO THE RESTAURANT!!!

Panzerjager
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #2951  (ISO)  » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:34 pm

Sounds like "bring a car"
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.

GTKAS

Panzerjager
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #2952  (ISO)  » Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:35 pm

Stuff like this is why I've never ridden in an uber
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.

GTKAS

Big Chief
Townie

Post Post #2953  (ISO)  » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:16 pm

Hi, i was given some advice to post here regarding a new game i'm trying to get going.

It's a competitive creative writing game, in the style of Efedding but with a few differences.

Every game is a different theme and you pick a character from an already established list. The firs theme is Generational Toon Wars

the game mechanic is different in that everyone is given a Word Count instead of a maximum post count. So you can RP as much as you want with your available words left. But you can only RP after your RP has been responded to by your opponent.

I didn't plan to advertise on other threads, and i won't be spamming either. This is a one time post because i was advised it might be a good way to garner interest

You can read more at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82720

Looking for players and judges (you can be one or both roles)

Thank you

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2954  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:29 pm

The WWE has been classified an "essential business" in Florida.

Because they are essential to Florida's economy. No word on whether AEW is essential to Florida economy.

(WWE is headquartered in Connecticut, but has a performance center in Orlando). AEW is headquartered in Jacksonville)
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Wear a mask

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2955  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:49 pm

In post 2954, Kublai Khan wrote:The WWE has been classified an "essential business" in Florida.

Because they are essential to Florida's economy. No word on whether AEW is essential to Florida economy.

(WWE is headquartered in Connecticut, but has a performance center in Orlando). AEW is headquartered in Jacksonville)

Meltzer is reporting that Florida ruled any sporting event with a national TV deal and held without fans is essential.

So that includes AEW and UFC, and more notably doesn't disqualify MLB from holding events at their training camps in FL instead of Arizona.

He also notes that South Korea is presently playing fanless pro baseball and its "weird as hell." He points out the eerie silence when someone hit a homerun as an example.
BEFORE WE GO TO THE RESTAURANT I MUST ENCASE YOU IN CARBONITE!!! (Throws frozen date into ocean) NOW WHO IS GOING TO THE RESTAURANT!!!

T-Bone
A Cut Above

Post Post #2956  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:32 pm

That's extremely misleading Khan.

They didn't declare WWE an essential business. They declared any sport or entertainment product with a national audience as essential, of which WWE is one of a handful of companies that can be defined as such.
Trying the Twitch thing out, help me get to 50!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2957  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:33 pm

Eh.. I just framed it from the wrestling POV.

Black Lives Matter
Wear a mask

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2958  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:02 pm

Funny side note about UFC. Dana White apparently pissed off ESPN with that shenanigans regarding Fight Island. The just as I gathered is that they couldn't find an athletic commission to sanction such a terrible idea and they wanted to sanction it themselves. TV networks and in general anyone involved in prize fighting don't like self-sanctioned events for obvious reasons.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2959  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:04 pm

Frankly I liked the idea of Dana White becoming Shang Tsung and bringing fighters all over the world to his private island to fight. I feel like they could have had a temple stage, a dungeon stage, a dock stage, maybe an underwater stage...

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2960  (ISO)  » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:20 pm

A stage that's just a long rock bridge over a bad of spikes?

Black Lives Matter
Wear a mask

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #2961  (ISO)  » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:17 am

RIP Howard Finkel

Black Lives Matter
Wear a mask

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2962  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:53 pm

I'm disappointed that David Starr has confirmed himself to be a raping piece of shit

Plus now I'm gonna have to stop quoting him in my mafia game introductions

T-Bone
A Cut Above

Post Post #2963  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:01 pm

What's this?

Porkens
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2964  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:55 pm

In post 2961, Kublai Khan wrote:RIP Howard Finkel

:(

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2965  (ISO)  » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:50 pm

David Starr, indy wrestler and extremely loud progressive was called out on Twitter by an ex for sexual and emotional abuse. She also shared a screenshot where he said "I think I'll be good with the Aziz Ansari defense."

Starr's response was a seven-page "apology" where he claimed he didn't know that lack of consent was rape, and referred to it as "Gray rape." ie, a gray area. Even in his own telling of the story, it's very clearly non-consensual. Then a tweet surfaced from March by Dolph Ziggler's brother, Nick Nemeth, (also an Indy wrestler) where he had vagueposted about "Indy wrestlers who pretend to be woke feminists but are rapey pieces of shit." After three Starr story broke, Nemeth retweeted his original tweet.

TNT and OTT have already stripped him of the championships he held, and I'm sure any other promotions will follow suit if they haven't already.

Nexus
miss

Post Post #2966  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:35 am

Alongside that, a long, long list of British wrestlers being pieces of shit has been compiled, mostly with receipts.

How long until the American wrestlers also get their comeuppance?

I have also seen a massive thread about Jim Cornette, but he was already a piece of shit so this is just confirming it.

DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola

Post Post #2967  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:55 am

This has been so disturbing.

Ok super disappointed in Jordan Devlin. He was one of my faves from NXT
Show

T-Bone
A Cut Above

Post Post #2968  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:18 pm

Of WWE guys, Ligero, Travis Banks, Jordan Delvin, Jack Gallagher, Matt Riddle, and Velveteen Dream have had allegations surface against them in the last day.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #2969  (ISO)  » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:59 pm

For AEW it looks like it's Jimmy Havoc and Justin Roberts

Previous
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion