Accountant's Utopia Philosophy

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5325 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 4:25 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 5320, Ankamius wrote:Considering that the philosophy fundamentally relies on everything related to reality being false, it's frankly absurd to assume that rising intelligence will correlate to more people accepting i
1) No, it relies on everything related to reality not being true or being the most important thing 100% of the time. Everything has its place, and reality should only impose itself during its allotted time slots.

2) Why is it absurd?
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5326 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 4:28 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 5322, Ankamius wrote:Logic and understanding reality has been what drives humanity throughout time. Accepting 'the correct path' assumes we will do blatantly the opposite and make up stories for how the world works when we can't explain it, which we are starting to move past.
But... the correct path imposes itself on reality. So someone seeking to understand reality would be seeking to understand the correct path. That's a move towards accepting it.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5327 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 4:29 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 5322, Ankamius wrote:Plus you still feel the need to constantly push for it, which wouldn't be necessary at all if it's 'inevitable'.
Two reasons.

1) It makes me feel good that I'm calling people out and shutting down their evil.
2) It accelerates the process.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5328 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 4:31 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 5324, Accountant wrote:
In post 5318, Frozen Angel wrote:ok so that is your way

"Science"

Your ideology is "science" now you have to explain why that is more important than freedom, fighting with poverty, removing corrupted governments, order, fighting with human inequality problem an whatever other ieologies people are fighting for nowdays to reach their own dream which might be the same as what you are suggesting.

congratulations :]
My ideology is not science, my ideology is the correct path.

Also it accomplishes all those things so people fighting for those ideologies should follow my dream. Except freedom.
I think you don't understand the meaning of the words you use. ideaology is the way of achieving umanity goals. its an idea about how we should achieve that perfect utopia - most of us can imagine in the same way.

imagining good things doesn't matter at all tbh, its how we go forward toward it that matters. your ideology is "science" as you beleive utopia is achievable with science. now answer why if we put our most efforts on science poverty will go away, and how we will have better equal societies for all human beings as thats a part of the utopia you are describing.
False tears bring pain to those around you
False smile brings pain to one's self

"Frozen Like Your Heart." -Ginngie
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5329 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 4:33 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 5328, Frozen Angel wrote:ideaology is the way of achieving umanity goals. its an idea about how we should achieve that perfect utopia - most of us can imagine in the same way.
".
a system of ideas and ideals, especially one which forms the basis of economic or political theory and policy." Naw

Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5330 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 4:39 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 5298, Gamma Emerald wrote:Kublai I view you as the worst person here tbh
If I were KK, I wouldn't feel bad that one of the people who comes out of this looking the worst thinks I came out looking the worst tbh.
Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #5331 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 4:41 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

umm

yep I said the exact same thing

a system of ideas and ideals that will shows us the correct path, the idea itself can't be the correct path. it must be somthing that will determine that, you get what I mean?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5332 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 4:54 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 5330, Shaziro wrote:
In post 5298, Gamma Emerald wrote:Kublai I view you as the worst person here tbh
If I were KK, I wouldn't feel bad that one of the people who comes out of this looking the worst thinks I came out looking the worst tbh.
This post is a very Shaziro post

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5333 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 4:54 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 5331, Frozen Angel wrote:umm

a system of ideas and ideals that will shows us the correct path, the idea itself can't be the correct path. it must be somthing that will determine that, you get what I mean?
What are you asking?

Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5334 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 4:56 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 5325, Accountant wrote:
In post 5320, Ankamius wrote:Considering that the philosophy fundamentally relies on everything related to reality being false, it's frankly absurd to assume that rising intelligence will correlate to more people accepting i
1) No, it relies on everything related to reality not being true or being the most important thing 100% of the time. Everything has its place, and reality should only impose itself during its allotted time slots.

2) Why is it absurd?
Because as humanity has gained knowledge and learned more about the world, logic, mathematics, physics, etc. evolved to be able to provably explain how our new knowledge of the world works. Your philosophy is more leaning reversing that process than moving forward.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5335 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 4:57 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 5326, Accountant wrote:
In post 5322, Ankamius wrote:Logic and understanding reality has been what drives humanity throughout time. Accepting 'the correct path' assumes we will do blatantly the opposite and make up stories for how the world works when we can't explain it, which we are starting to move past.
But... the correct path imposes itself on reality. So someone seeking to understand reality would be seeking to understand the correct path. That's a move towards accepting it.
No. Your philosophy rejects logic. That's fundamentally contradictory to understanding reality.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5336 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 4:58 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 5335, Ankamius wrote:No. Your philosophy rejects logic. That's fundamentally contradictory to understanding reality.
Disagree

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5337 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 4:59 am

Post by Accountant »

I also disagree that the utopia rejects logic. The utopia understands that logic is a useful tool that can produce great results if used properly.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5338 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 5:00 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 5334, Ankamius wrote:Because as humanity has gained knowledge and learned more about the world, logic, mathematics, physics, etc. evolved to be able to provably explain how our new knowledge of the world works. Your philosophy is more leaning reversing that process than moving forward.
I disagree. It's the next natural step in the evolution of knowledge.

Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5339 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 5:03 am

Post by Fluminator »

Go outside accountant. Go climb a mountain or go camping. (For real, not in your head)
I think maybe part of the issue is you're on the internet too much.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5340 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 5:08 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 5339, Fluminator wrote:Go outside accountant. Go climb a mountain or go camping. (For real, not in your head)
I think maybe part of the issue is you're on the internet too much.
No, I refuse. I don't see the value in real world mountain climbing. There is no issue. You don't get to dictate what I do with my time. You can try, but you are as helpless as a baby to affect what I really do in the end. I will continue hiding this from my parents. I will continue daydreaming and being immersed in utopia. I will continue "not seeking help". There is nothing you can do about it.

Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5341 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 5:29 am

Post by Fluminator »

At least go outside and get some fresh air
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5342 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 5:30 am

Post by Fluminator »

Also, one day your parents won't be paying for your food and shelter. I hope you have a plan for that
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5343 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 5342, Fluminator wrote:Also, one day your parents won't be paying for your food and shelter. I hope you have a plan for that
Of course I do. Don't be silly.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #5344 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 5:42 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

In post 5333, Accountant wrote:
In post 5331, Frozen Angel wrote:umm

What are you asking?
I'm saying I have a good dream too and I beleive there is a correct path

I want you to give me some clues what is that path. how our civilizations must act how people must act to make this stupid world a better place. thats all that matters the rest is just "the wall is orange" argument.

Frozen Angel
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Frozen Angel
She
Queen Shifty
Queen Shifty

Post Post #5345 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 5:45 am

Post by Frozen Angel »

just to clarify you is not accountant. its everyone. thats ideology talking - what should be general humanity conscious and what should we humans push toward.

McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #5346 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 5:48 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 5341, Fluminator wrote:At least go outside and get some fresh air
I don't believe singaporean air is particularly fresh
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5347 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 5:50 am

Post by Shaziro »

In post 5346, McMenno wrote:
In post 5341, Fluminator wrote:At least go outside and get some fresh air
I don't believe singaporean air is particularly fresh
I mean, smoking is illegal from my last understanding. They're kinda known for their crazy laws. Something like 150 dollars for not flushing public toilets.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5348 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 6:07 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'm going to make my own utopia
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5349 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2017 6:16 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 5337, Accountant wrote:I also disagree that the utopia rejects logic. The utopia understands that logic is a useful tool that can produce great results if used properly.
And logic gets rejected when it disproves your utopia?

Return to “General Discussion”