Road Trip

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Road Trip

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:29 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

So in April, the wife and I are going to do a road trip. She's been on plenty. Personally, the farthest I've driven was the... couple hundred miles from NJ to MA.

This time, we're doing something a bit more extensive. We're flying to South Carolina and spending a couple of days with some family there then we're driving up. We're stopping by to see other family as well along the way as well. We're going from SC to NC to VA to WV to PA and then up the east coast until we're back home along that route.

I figure some of you guys either live there or have been there before so any attraction worth visiting?
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:56 am

Post by Vi »

SC's stereotypical answer is Myrtle Beach, which is basically a tourist trap that made it big. True story: people from Ohio go to MB on vacation because it's the closest real beach. Somehow.

If you continue north on HWY 17 you'll be in good shape to hit the Outer Banks, home of lighthouses and car ferries and sand dunes and wild ponies. You can get into coastal VA that way; I don't know my VA well but Norfolk is a place my military parents keep talking about. I'd also argue that the mountains of NC are worth visiting, and if you're going through WV you're definitely passing that way one way or another.

WV is probably going to be a place where the tourist attractions are well-advertised online because that's pretty much what's stopping the whole state from being a drive-through state.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.

Return to “General Discussion”