Bank Fees

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:04 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

What about people who were missold PPI?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:08 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 50, Not_Mafia wrote:What about people who were missold PPI?
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/ ... hould-i-do
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:12 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 49, Accountant wrote:You agreed to a certain set of rules and regulations when you made that account and when you ticked the box for overdraft coverage. You don't get to complain that they're unfair later on. Ignorance is not an excuse.
Its almost as if I can complain about it.

It's almost as if i can inform others so they don't make the same mistake.

It's almost as if Accountant posted that <snip> attempt to sound smart. :P

It's almost as if Accountant is not being objective.
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:14 am

Post by inte »

its the exact same thing that katsuki and i said
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:15 am

Post by Accountant »

If you think that post was signalling intelligence instead of love of technicality you're flat out wrong.

I mean, you have the physical ability to complain about it but you just sound like a careless person who doesn't read stuff before signing them and are prone to quote honest mistakes unquote on stuff to do with their money(!!!)

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:16 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Do you think this is a fair policy was the question.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:17 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

This thread seems to be more about snake than the actual poor people being exploited
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:18 am

Post by Accountant »

And objectively speaking it's unreasonable and inconsistent for you to affix your legal signature to a set of rules then whine about how unethical they are later on.

@eagerSnake: Yes, it is very fair indeed, you were asked if you wanted X policy, you knew what X policy was and X policy was carried out. The bank did not lie to you or commit fraud.

inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:20 am

Post by inte »

In post 55, eagerSnake wrote:Do you think this is a fair policy was the question.
fair is only what you agree to
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:21 am

Post by eagerSnake »

There's no way it's fair to charge fees on six charges they had money for because of a one dollar charge they didn't have it for.

There's no fucking way you believe this is a fair policy.

This is all the disclosures even say. Where does it clearly outline this event?
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in in the following ways:

We have Standard Overdraft Coverage that comes with your account.
We offer Overdraft Protection plans, such as a link to a money market account, savings account, line of credit or credit card, which may be less expensive than our Standard Overdraft Coverage. To learn more, ask your banker about these plans or visit.
Customers who have Overdraft Protection may also be covered by Standard Overdraft Coverage in the event linked account funds are exhausted.

This notice explains our Standard Overdraft Coverage.

⇒ What is the Standard Overdraft Coverage that comes with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:

Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
Automatic bill payments
We will not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):

ATM transactions
Everyday CheckCard transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.

⇒ What fees will I be charged if pays my overdraft?
Under our Standard Overdraft Coverage:

We will charge you a fee of $36 each time we pay an overdraft.
We will charge you no more than six (6) paid overdraft item fees per day and no more than six (6) fees per day related to other insufficient funds transactions. Insufficient funds transactions may result in either additional paid overdraft item fees or returned item fees.
⇒ What if I want you to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday CheckCard transactions?
If you want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday CheckCard transactions through Standard Overdraft Coverage, please call, visit your branch, make an election at most ATMs, speak to one of our designated customer service representatives to confirm your selection, return a response form if we mail it to you, or make your choice when opening an account online. If you are a Online Banking customer, you can make your selection by logging in and finding the Overdraft Coverage feature on your Account Service page or selecting Overdraft Coverage Options from the Customer Service menu.

Rev. 11/6/15
T
Last edited by eagerSnake on Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:22 am

Post by Accountant »

If I sign a contract to let you go to my house and shit on my bed, it's fair for you to go to my house and shit on my bed.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:24 am

Post by Accountant »

You must understand that when you give explicit informed consent to have certain things happen to you of your own free will, then the magnitude of hurt those things will cause you becomes irrelevant when calculating fairness - you have signalled that you are okay with it happening by virtue of the signature, therefore it's reasonable for the bank to go ahead and do it. They had no way of knowing you'd want to back out, plus it's unethical to back out of transactions you agreed to at the cost of the other party's profit.

eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:35 am

Post by eagerSnake »

There is the disclosure. Where did I agree to be charged for transactions I had money for?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:37 am

Post by Accountant »

You agreed to be charged money for doing something known as "overdrawing". All six of those transactions fall under the category "overdrawing". These facts are indisputable. Hence, you agreed to be charged six times for these transactions. You were charged six times for these transactions.

eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:46 am

Post by eagerSnake »

l disagree sorry. The six transactions were not overdrafts.

I'd argue this is not clearly defined in the disclosure.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:49 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

What is your opinion on fake bees?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

It does say in there that standard overdraft account will cost you money. They even lost their cheaper alternatives ("may")
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 50, Not_Mafia wrote:What about people who were missold PPI?
In post 48, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 46, Cheery Dog wrote:Why are you having to worry about your credit score being constantly being updated?
Why wouldn't you want to continuously improve your score?
Because there's no need to?

This comment is coming from someone that has not yet used credit anywhere yet. I may have no idea how it actually works.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:54 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

It could be said that your credit score is the most important single number in your life.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

What about the age you die?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 68, eagerSnake wrote:It could be said that your credit score is the most important single number in your life.
Well that's a stupid way to live your life.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

That's important to some people I guess.

As is your bank account number, your social security number, your mother's birthdate.

But I mean your credit score is way up there in that tier.

The point is, it's an extremely important figure.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:05 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

My credit score has yet to affect my life
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Are you a homeowner?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

No

Return to “General Discussion”