2017 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Mjollnir
Mjollnir
Goon
Mjollnir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:41 am

Post by Mjollnir »

In post 348, Iprobablysuck wrote:I'd love to see some scabs off the street playing Football, let's lockout!
It was pretty entertaining when we did that with the refs so why not :P
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:00 pm

Post by racefan12 »

I'm a Cowboys fan and I think the six-game suspension is completely fair.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by Wraith »

Maybe it's because I've paid far less attention to football goings-on for the past eight months than I have in the past, but no charges whatsoever have been filed, never seemed close to being filed, and as far as I know the police don't consider the accusations to be particularly credible. Did I simply miss something? Is there something the public doesn't know about that is damning against Elliot?

This entire saga of "will they or won't they" suspend Zeke came out of nowhere because there were barely whispers that these accusations were being taken seriously.

Like, I'm usually the last person to suggest questioning the claims of a victim of domestic violence, but this whole issue seemed to have considerably less basis for such a lengthy suspension compared to several other recent incidents.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:55 pm

Post by Iprobablysuck »

Unless extremely damning evidence comes out that Ezekiel beat up that girl, i'm convinced he's innocent and this suspension is beyond stupid
Show
Do I REALLY suck? That's up to you to decide.

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

Definitely DID suck, in the end...Probably.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Well the NFL did their own investigation and I guess think he did beat her.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

and according to this NBC sports article, he may have even destroyed evidence.

it also says
In March, Elliott was videotaped pulling a woman’s top down at a St. Patrick’s Day parade. More recently, he allegedly broke a DJ’s nose at a club in Dallas.
Like unless he knew the woman that's like not kosher at all.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:13 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 354, Nero Cain wrote:Well the NFL did their own investigation and I guess think he did beat her.
Forgive me for not having much confidence in the NFL's ability to conduct investigations.

And as for the St Patrick's Day incident, that's not kosher at all even if he knew the woman.

But this suspension is presumably for this domestic violence incident.

I should probably just stop caring. Usually my policy with this crap (vice Brady's situation) is to keep my mouth shut and just wait. Then again, it has been IIRC a considerably amount of time since the incident in question and nothing has come of it.

Frankly I'm just sick of the league abusing its power over...oh no...it's coming...its workers.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:35 am

Post by Iprobablysuck »

https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/896404919841939456

Bucs release K Roberto Aguayo

Taking this guy in the second was possibly the dumbest draft move of all time.
Show

Retiring from LSG's and Mish Mash, for the most part. If you want to contact me, I suggest going outside and enjoying what the world has to offer, instead.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:31 am

Post by PJ. »

What. The. Fuck.

Funny thing about domestic abuse, everyone seems to always be a skeptic until a Rice/Mixon tape comes out, like abuse can only happen if it's on tape, but everyone was ALL OVER Brady for possibly maybe having some guy deflate a ball like .2 psi under the limit and howled for 4 games.

Zeke should of got indefinite.

This just in, deflating balls is only 2 games worst than beating and molesting women
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Iprobablysuck
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Iprobablysuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:59 am

Post by Iprobablysuck »

Funny you mention deflate gate, cause that garbage is why anyone shouldn't trust the idiotic NFL investigations over, y'know, the police investigation which said he didn't do it.

(For the record, I don't think he's guilty of domestic violence, but he should get a punishment for ripping that girl's top off)

Also, it's should have, fool.

Also, speaking of Rice, he should've gotten the indefinite suspension.
Show

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:05 am

Post by PJ. »

you trust police investigations, which have been known to tamper with evidence to protect athletes, universities and, and people with power in general(i.e florida state athletes, baylor, ect)? Who's the real fool?

I trust that the NFL, whom employs former FBI investigators and is determined to get something right for once so it doesn't blow up in their face like Rice, did their due diligence here.

Also between the molesting of that girl in march and the recent altercation he had in a bar, I'm willing to make a "history of violence" bet here.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:46 am

Post by Nero Cain »

@Suck What do you think of the pictures posted by TMZ?

D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:03 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 360, PJ. wrote:Also between the molesting of that girl in march and the recent altercation he had in a bar, I'm willing to make a "history of violence" bet here.
There have been rumblings of the guy doing stuff like this for a while now. I think somebody said back before he got drafted that his hotheadedness and behavior would probably cost him a job well before any lack of talent did.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:21 am

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 359, Iprobablysuck wrote:Funny you mention deflate gate, cause that garbage is why anyone shouldn't trust the idiotic NFL investigations over, y'know, the police investigation which said he didn't do it.

(For the record, I don't think he's guilty of domestic violence, but he should get a punishment for ripping that girl's top off)

Also, it's should have, fool.

Also, speaking of Rice, he should've gotten the indefinite suspension.
Except the DA said that they believed the girl about the incidents???? Man, people really need to read the letter the NFL sent to Zeke's team before commenting shit like this.

http://www.espn.com/pdf/2017/0811/Ezeki ... -11-17.pdf

Three separate instances that medical experts found consistent among pictures, descriptions, and timelines. DA saying that they believed her. NFL even saying they took the concerns about the credibility of the witness into account.

Just because charges were not pressed doesn't mean that law enforcement doesn't think he did it. It means they don't think they can prove it in a court of law.

Also, after zeke's appeal gets overturned, I doubt he can even take this to court. Deflategate already set the precedent that due to the cba, Goodell can basically suspend anyone for whatever reason for however long.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:46 am

Post by shaft.ed »

In post 357, Iprobablysuck wrote:https://twitter.com/NFLSTROUD/status/896404919841939456

Bucs release K Roberto Aguayo

Taking this guy in the second was possibly the dumbest draft move of all time.
marcus smith
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:37 am

Post by Bella »

In post 352, Wraith wrote:Maybe it's because I've paid far less attention to football goings-on for the past eight months than I have in the past, but no charges whatsoever have been filed, never seemed close to being filed, and as far as I know the police don't consider the accusations to be particularly credible. Did I simply miss something? Is there something the public doesn't know about that is damning against Elliot?

This entire saga of "will they or won't they" suspend Zeke came out of nowhere because there were barely whispers that these accusations were being taken seriously.

Like, I'm usually the last person to suggest questioning the claims of a victim of domestic violence, but this whole issue seemed to have considerably less basis for such a lengthy suspension compared to several other recent incidents.
Different standards of evidence. For a criminal conviction, they have to reach a standard of beyond reasonable doubt. Many cases that are not tried occur in instances when the DA or the police believe the crime took place, but don't have the evidence to prove it. Domestic violence is particularly prone to this because it often occurs in private, with no neutral witnesses and thus makes it a "he said, she said" situation that can be much harder to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. In this case, they record the prosecutor in his case as believing the victim. The CBA and NFL rules don't require the NFL to prove it to quite that standard (and they suspended Brady despite not even reaching that evidence threshold). It's like the OJ cases. He was found not guilty in the criminal case, but convicted in the civil case because their standards of evidence were different (beyond a reasonable doubt versus supported by the preponderance of evidence).
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:30 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

No Odell vs. No Zeke. Just the matchup NBC wanted to kick off Sunday Night Football with! :lol:
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:22 am

Post by PJ. »

It's okay, we get what we really wanted anyway. Dez vs Brandon Marshall. Weehaw.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:35 am

Post by shaft.ed »

but they're so old
theyre probably too old to even run anymore
adn they don't train like Zeke and OBJ do
or watch any tape
cause theyre old
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:57 am

Post by PJ. »

They are older than ever!
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:45 am

Post by shaft.ed »

they're even more older than ever now
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:24 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I'd be mourning the loss of Bryce Petty but then I remembered that he lost 9-6 to the Rams last year.

(profile pic by datisi)
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:31 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Edelman :(
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:42 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

In post 372, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Oh no, we're only going to win 14 games now!
FTFY

(profile pic by datisi)
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:43 am

Post by shaft.ed »

everything is replacable on the Pats