2017 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Bella »

There's a *long* list of NFL people who need slapping before you get down to Kaepernick.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I'd give tony romo a call or see if bradford or bridge is available before I go after kaep

I didn't see the jets pats game or the controversial call of the non-td touchback until just now in a video. They should not have overturned that td on that call. At no point does the ball leave his person. If it hit the ground or fell out, I'd be ok with it but seriously that didn't look like much of a bobble and a bobble is not a fumble. Given there was still 8+ minutes left, no telling how game would have changed. Patriots would have played harder if score was closer. Patriots probably still would have won. But that was a bad call.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 948, Bella wrote:while having a back up whose last meaningful non-preseason action was as in Division III for Wesley.
Why should Kaep get a chance to play instead of him?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:40 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 951, PokerFace wrote:I'd give tony romo a call or see if bradford or bridge is available before I go after kaep
I don't think Romo would leave and Bradford might be done for this year and Bridge won't even be able to play for a few weeks.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:22 am

Post by Bella »

In post 951, PokerFace wrote:I'd give tony romo a call or see if bradford or bridge is available before I go after kaep.
So, you'd go after a retired QB who's focused on broadcasting and thus doesn't have time to be working out or in shape (and has a very good chance of turning into a better broacaster than he ever was a QB) or two players who're currently injured ahead of Kaep?
In post 952, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 948, Bella wrote:while having a back up whose last meaningful non-preseason action was as in Division III for Wesley.
Why should Kaep get a chance to play instead of him?
He's a proven NFL caliber QB. At the very least, you're better off having at least one guy like that around to help the two unproven young kids they have on their roster right now. Also, he was actually decent last season despite having the 49ers roster around him.
Show
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:24 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

Romo isn't ever going to consider coming back to the league

Favre is more likely to come back than Romo
balance among all things
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:39 am

Post by Killthestory »

Kaep was an amazing quarterback with a good coaching staff and a decent roster. He did a lot for the 49ers before we lost Jim Harbaugh and a lot of our big players.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:19 am

Post by PJ. »

Kaep was not amazing. He's been average to slightly below average every year beside 2012. That being said, even saying he's a slightly below average STARTING QB means this guy should have a job and he'd definitely be one of the best if not THE best back up in the league. AND A HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN BRANDON WEEDEN. That's honestly what convinced me that he has a case and that's what convinced me that he was indeed being blackballed. The guys Tennessee worked out were really some putrid level QBs and Weeden being the best of those really speaks volumes. "Here comes Brandon Weeden" are the most terrifying words in sports if he's on your club.

Also, I didn't get the hype to sign Kaep when they were gonna start Hundley until I saw that Bella post, so like, thanks bella.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:40 am

Post by T-Bone »

Hundley should get the start in Green Bay. He's been on the team for three years. He knows the playbook and presumably has a little bit of chemistry with the skill players. Even if Kaep is a better QB (which he is), knowing the playbook and chemistry with players is a HUGE advantage Hundley has over every other potential QB in the league. If GB were to bring anyone else to start, all they would be able to do is run basic plays.

Now you have to have a truly desperate situation to need Kaep (both starter and backup injured), because Kaep didn't go through camp, spring training, or the first 6 weeks of the season. He should have been on a roster from the get-go of course, but now I'm not sure he could help a team without some massive injuries to the position.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why did Kaep opt out of his contract?

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:45 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

The giants managed to beat the broncos, on our way to a miserable 6-10 which will manage to both miss the playoffs and not get a good draft pick.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:03 am

Post by Bella »

In post 957, PJ. wrote:Kaep was not amazing. He's been average to slightly below average every year beside 2012. That being said, even saying he's a slightly below average STARTING QB means this guy should have a job and he'd definitely be one of the best if not THE best back up in the league. AND A HELL OF A LOT BETTER THAN BRANDON WEEDEN. That's honestly what convinced me that he has a case and that's what convinced me that he was indeed being blackballed. The guys Tennessee worked out were really some putrid level QBs and Weeden being the best of those really speaks volumes. "Here comes Brandon Weeden" are the most terrifying words in sports if he's on your club.

Also, I didn't get the hype to sign Kaep when they were gonna start Hundley until I saw that Bella post, so like, thanks bella.
I'm not saying he's the second coming of Tom Brady or anything, but based on last seasons stats and the garbage he had around him and bearing in mind he was running an offence that was notionally designed for Blaine Gabbert (who was benched for him yet somehow still has a job in the NFL), I'd argue that putting him anywhere in the 15-25 range in a list of Best Active QBs is entirely reasonable.

The Kaepernick thing is somehting I've seen brought up plenty of places, basically from the standpoint of a) he's a local and b) he's been really good against the Pack in the past. And, y'know, the clear best free agent QB available.
In post 958, T-Bone wrote:Hundley should get the start in Green Bay. He's been on the team for three years. He knows the playbook and presumably has a little bit of chemistry with the skill players. Even if Kaep is a better QB (which he is), knowing the playbook and chemistry with players is a HUGE advantage Hundley has over every other potential QB in the league. If GB were to bring anyone else to start, all they would be able to do is run basic plays.

Now you have to have a truly desperate situation to need Kaep (both starter and backup injured), because Kaep didn't go through camp, spring training, or the first 6 weeks of the season. He should have been on a roster from the get-go of course, but now I'm not sure he could help a team without some massive injuries to the position.
Who said anything about anyone being brought in to start at QB?
In post 959, Nero Cain wrote:Why did Kaep opt out of his contract?
Probably because he wanted a shot to start and the 49ers didn't want him.
Show
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

omg, watching the Giants vs. Broncos and dude says "here the Giants are coming off a worse week than Harvey Weinstein"
balance among all things
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:06 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Yeah it was really poor taste imo. He's apologized.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:06 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 961, Bella wrote:I'm not saying he's the second coming of Tom Brady or anything, but based on last seasons stats and the garbage he had around him and bearing in mind he was running an offence that was notionally designed for Blaine Gabbert (who was benched for him yet somehow still has a job in the NFL), I'd argue that putting him anywhere in the 15-25 range in a list of Best Active QBs is entirely reasonable.

The Kaepernick thing is somehting I've seen brought up plenty of places, basically from the standpoint of a) he's a local and b) he's been really good against the Pack in the past. And, y'know, the clear best free agent QB available.
For sure, I was being sincere about not getting the GB needs to sign Kaep now hype until you were like "just in case shit hits the fan on Hundley, they should have kaep instead of just the practice squad guy". Like I figured if they were going with Hundley, don't bother with Kaep(I'm also a bit of a Hundley believer).

My response saying he's not amazing was mostly directed at KTS who said he was amazing.
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:46 am

Post by Bella »

fwiw, the argument that "Oh, he knows the system and the play book, that's way more important than being a better QB" doesn't really hold up. Look at the 2017 Colts, for example, Jacoby Brissett took Scott Tolzien's job after 30 minutes of football and liek a week on the roster, because Scott Tolzien is garbage and Brissett is vaguely competent and all the familiarity with the players and the playbook can't change that.
Show
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:16 am

Post by PJ. »

I agree(hence why I think the Weeden thing is bullshit), but I honestly think Hundley can be p good and it's better to find out what they have in him now than after the re-sign him in 2 years(or let him walk and become a star somewhere else). And he's 5 years younger than Kaep. And yeah, I think that putting Kaep as the back up to Hundley would be a bit of confidence in case he goes down. The only downside is if it causes too much distraction in a Tebow-esque fashion. That'd really be my only concern with him in Green Bay.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:53 am

Post by shaft.ed »

I don't know about you guys, but nothing could be more 'exotic smash mouth' than Brandon Weeden
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:59 am

Post by shaft.ed »

oh and i saw the jets overturned TD
that was a big crock of BS
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:33 am

Post by T-Bone »

Well, we don't know that Hundley isn't a good QB like we know Tolizen is. (also Toilzen is like a million years old)

Also, did Brissett really play that well initially, or is he just riding the hype of *not* being Tolizen? He's gotten better as he's gotten more familiar with things sure.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:36 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 969, T-Bone wrote:also Toilzen is like a million years old)
Now I feel old. I'm 27 which makes me three years away from a million.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I grew up watching Randall Cunningham...
balance among all things
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I made a joke when I said call bradford or bridgewater. MIN are rivals with GB after all. Guess no one realized that

I'd rather have old Romo than old Kaep, but don't think Romo would go for it. They should see what they got in Hundley and maybe look into kaep if that fails.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:42 pm

Post by PJ. »

Kaep not old, tho.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:36 am

Post by shaft.ed »

In post 971, drealmerz7 wrote:I grew up watching Randall Cunningham...
didn't everyone?

Return to “General Discussion”