2017 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Wich vet QB should the Browns have gotten then?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:14 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

I mean, you probably could just trot out Kesler or Kizer. Maybe Tyrod wins 2 more games then them. Maybe the Browns get to 3 wins with him. Woo way to go. it's a waste of a draft pick when you should still be taking a QB number 1.

The Browns weren't going to be competitive next year anyways. Don't trade for a QB who can't actually play the QB position.

Point is just stop acting like the Browns won the offseason when they made 2 meh trades. Congrats, you have Jarvis Landry now. You are still the worst team in your division.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:27 pm

Post by PJ. »

The first choice QB doesn't want to play for the Browns tho. The first choice QB literally said he'd stay in school if he thought the Browns would pick him.

So take Barkley, let the Giants have Rosen, indy will take chubb, than at 4 you still get your QB. Any QB you want. Or just ride out Tyrod cause he's way better than you think he is.
Last edited by PJ. on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think Tyrod is going to be an upgrade and they don't want a repeat of last year. Also, they take Barkley @ #1.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:53 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

Rosen has said that he would play for the Browns, he is basically calling that report false.

You don't take a rb number 1. I don't care if it's the second coming of Jim Brown It's asinine. Look at the past ten or so Super Bowl winners. The best running backs were probably Marshawn Lynch and Ray Rice (Lynch was traded away from the team that drafted him, Rice was drafted in the second round). And I would argue both those teams did it more on their defense, and when it comes to Baltimore, Joe Flacco somehow playing out of his mind. But most of the past winners have all had a committee of running backs. Most have had a top tier qb (or Eli, Flacco, and Foles performing like one) or an absolutely amazing defense (Denver).

You take who you think is going to be your franchise QB. You don't risk that QB being taken at 2 or 3. Whether it is Rosen or Darnold or Mayfield or Allen (Browns don't be dumb, don't take Allen) you take the qb first. You don't just decide to take who is left at 4. You take your guy at 1.

Also, I agree Tyrod is better than Kizer. You still wasted a third round pick for a slight improvement.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

That 4th pick seemed to work out nicely last year and I'm sure that there have been plenty of other quality RBs from round 1. Taking a QB rd doesn't necessarily assure success. + the Browns can easily take a QB at #4 if they want to take Barkley #1 so the Giants don't get him.

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:26 pm

Post by PJ. »

Whether the reports are false or not, do you want to risk them being not false?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:13 am

Post by shaft.ed »

In post 2199, scotmany12 wrote:Also, the best RB currently in the NFL was taken in the bottom half of the second round.
and the best QB was taken in the 6th
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:16 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Browns easily have the draft capital to trade up to 2 or 3 if they're worried about someone leapfrogging them

and pepole were "raving" (not really) about their offseasons because they were just hoarding picks. They weren't building a team
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:10 am

Post by T-Bone »

I still don't understand why the Browns gave up on Kesler either...he looked like the most competent draft pick the Browns have had in over a decade at that position before the injury bug nabbed him.

Drafting a rookie QB, even the best in the class, doesn't really do much for the Browns since they have a shitty team around him. They should build around Taylor/Kesler/another vet...because if they can't get the rest of the team in order, they will just ruin the career of Rosen or Allen or whoever they take. At least in the case of Taylor, he has a few years of competent play at the position.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:08 am

Post by scotmany12 »

In post 2207, shaft.ed wrote:
In post 2199, scotmany12 wrote:Also, the best RB currently in the NFL was taken in the bottom half of the second round.
and the best QB was taken in the 6th
Sure. The pats got extremely lucky. But most franchise QBs are taken in the first round. If you look at the top QBs in the league, only really Brady and Brees were taking outside the first round. Oh and Wilson and Cousins.

Out of the starting running backs in the league, only Elliot, Gurley, McCaffrey, Fournette, and Lynch are first round picks. You can include Ingram but he hasn't really ever been a star and he basically splits carries with Kamara. Oh and Melvin Gordon but he hasn't really been amazing. The point is, the Browns should absolutely know who they want as their franchise QB. You take that guy number 1. You don't wait and take whoever is left at 4. Yes, you probably lose out on Barkley. But you can take Guice at the top of the second round still. You can find star running backs throughout the draft. You have a chance to absolutely get your guy. You take it. Then you take Chubb or Fitzpatrick at 4.

And I just think a third round pick is more valuable than Taylor but ehh.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:20 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Taking a qb 1 also allows you to trade number 4. There are going to be a lot of teams who want a qb. Jets, Bills, Cards, Broncos (take out one of them if they get Cousins over Minnesota). That pick becomes extremely valuable to trade.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

Glad browns got landry. Kessler and Kizer were not good but were also underutilized. They didn't have a chance to do anything other than fail with the rest of the team. Tyrod is an upgrade over what browns have, but not gonna do it all for us. Get the QB you want at 1. Scot's right. Browns wanted turbisky, dropped the ball. Browns wanted McCarron, dropped the ball. Missed out on good QB's previous years that did well last year. Get your guy browns, quit passing it up!

Note: Garret may be awesome eventually but he was out for part of last year and browns didn't get any wins. And now Browns get a descent QB in Tyrod that looks like a bridge. I'm tired of bridges, get what you want now!
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:05 pm

Post by Killthestory »

i feel dirty that we signed richard sherman, but he's a solid corner that we desperately needed. i'll let him slide for now.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:34 pm

Post by PJ. »

See...now I gotta hope his surgery was botched...and that hurts my soul wishing ill will on one of my favorite players.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:46 am

Post by Killthestory »

now i gotta hope his surgery goes fantastic, and that just hurts my soul wishing good will on one of my hated players.

i still remember when the guy called out crabtree, and then proceeded to lock him up. >:(
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:30 am

Post by PJ. »

I think he locked him up than made fun of him
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:56 am

Post by Killthestory »

even worse
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rams getting some good players recently.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:59 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Bills moved up to #12. That has to be a move for a QB. Wonder which one. Mayfield?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:53 pm

Post by Bella »

I don't think Mayfield is going to be available at 12.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:21 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

theyre prob moving up further
this feels similar to Philly with the Wentz trade
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:00 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 2218, PokerFace wrote:Rams getting some good players recently.

yeah...since about 2014.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:04 am

Post by PokerFace »

I like them getting peters and talib. Also unlike 2014 they have a good coach now.

I think shafted is right about buffalo. If browns get a QB at 1, I expect them to trade the 4th pick. Buffalo may be the trade partner. I think only way browns spend both those picks is if they get barkley at 1 and a QB at 4.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:17 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Vikings getting Cousins. #MayfieldOrBust