2017 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Can Joe Buck be gone next?
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 124, T-Bone wrote:Do you think a player can't hire a prostitute in Tallahassee?
Have you BEEN to Tallahassee? There ain't shit there, brah.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:31 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 151, AGar wrote:
In post 124, T-Bone wrote:Do you think a player can't hire a prostitute in Tallahassee?
Have you BEEN to Tallahassee? There ain't shit there, brah.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_State_University

you can definitely hire a hooker in tallahassee
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:44 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Given Romo recent seasons this is probably for the best for him. He's about to have a 3rd kid so I'm sure he wants to be healthy to do stuff with that child and the others

Poor Houston. They didn't want to trade for Romo so when Jerry opened the gates for other GMs and coaches to contact Tony, Houston didn't call. They didn't want to tip their hand that far, but it was obvious they were interested and should have scheduled at least a work out. What will Houston do now? Get Jimmy G.? Draft a QB? Call Minnesota about Bridgewater or Bradford?

I know a guy who knows the Houston system and may be available to play since Browns might not want him...
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Thing is, I think Romo was a good QB and is hall material. Him not winning a SB prob keeps him out and it makes me feel bad for him.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:24 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Romo had great stats, but he was never able to win when it counted, which is going to keep him out. His constant late December/postseason flubs will really hurt his chances with the voters.
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:26 am

Post by shaft.ed »

He'd have to be in Marino's league
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:29 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'd put him in. He had a solid career individually speaking. The HOF is for players, not teams. I don't hold it against him that he was never a part of a Super Bowl team. If that mattered, it's hypocritical to put Marino in and not at least consider Romo. If Eli (two rings) is in for sure and he probably is, Romo needs to be in too because he was a better QB. I'd also like to see Rivers get in.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:02 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Lynch visited the Raiders today, I'm seeing several sources say that he wants it to happen. It's up to Del Rio at this point.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

romo not close to a HOF QB wtf.

no.
fucking.
chance.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

why?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Brady pass % 63.8
Romo pass % 65.3

Brady total passing yards 61,582
Romo total passing yards 34,183

Brady passing TDs 456
Romo passing TDs 248

Brady QB rating 97.2
Romo QB rating 97.1

Accuracy and QB rating are similar. Brady obviously has more yards and TDs but he's played like 14 full seasons to Romo's 7*

I could see Romo
NOT
get in the hall b/c his stats are lowish and the "what if" question prob has no place in a hall debate.

*I am counting 15 game seasons as full.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

lol @ Romo getting sacked as many times as he's thrown touchdowns. probs why he was often hurt.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:33 am

Post by T-Bone »

Romo doesn't have the stats to back up a Hall of Fame bid. He could get in the Hall in a weak class, but I don't think he'll get there.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:35 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Tony Romo was the MVP for every game the Cowboys had to play in December with playoff implications. It's a shame he was the MVP for the other team though.
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:41 pm

Post by racefan12 »

Yeah, if Romo had played another 5 years or so at a similar level, you could make a pretty good Hall of Fame case for him. As it is now though, no way.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:36 pm

Post by PJ. »

QB A: 124 starts, 65.5% completions, 32344 yds, 208tds, 128ints, 260 sacks, n/ya7.08, 93.7 rate. 1 ring, 4 pro bowls, 2 all pros, 2 MVPs.

QB B: 156 starts, 65.3% completions, 34183 yds, 248 tds, 117 ints, 248 sacks, n/ya 7.09, 97.7 rate, 4 pro bowls.

QB C: 169 starts, 65.3% completions, 33124 yds, 232tds, 107 ints, 356 sacks, ny/a 6.89, 96.8 rate 3 sbs, 3 all-pros, 7 pro bowls.

Would you rather have A, B, or C? (Don't cheat and Google it, you cheeky fucks)

Only caveat I'll add is players A and C won all their accolades (mvps, sbs, all-pros) prior to 4 of the best QBs of all time starting their careers, player B did not have that luxury.
Last edited by PJ. on Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:43 pm

Post by horrordude0215 »

Now I'm trying to figure out who they are :lol: I have some ideas, but I think based on the stats alone I'd rather take B. He may not have the rings or accolades, but his stats are better overall.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:45 pm

Post by PJ. »

I added a 3rd option.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

B

shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:22 am

Post by shaft.ed »

really depends on the era
are they all playing at the same time
Also I know which one is Romo because every article must mention his QB rating
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:29 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

With the 3rd option added I'd take C.

I don't know if those comparisons are really fair though - Romo had the fortune of playing in the most pass heavy eras in NFL history. His stats are going to be inflated for those reasons alone.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

If youre putting Romo in the hall you gotta add about the 15-20 other qbs that were all better than him during his career. (might be a slight exaggeration, but could also not be! I havent looked at numbers for this!)

He's not even close baby. Guy was always overrated just cause he came from a small school.

Yeah he was good for a few years but nah.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:59 pm

Post by PJ. »

A is Hall of Fame Quarterback Kurt Warner. C is Steve Young. B is Romo.

Romo's stats are straight up better than Warner's, but Warner had the benefit of winning 2 MVPs(and All-Pros) while Peyton was very very young and Brady's first year was Warner's second mvp year. The top 5 QBS statistically in 1999: Warner, Steve Beuerlein, Jeff George, Sophomore Peyton Manning, Brad "second worse SB QB ever" Johnson. 2001, the competition wasn't much stiffer; Warner, Gannon, fucking jeff garcia, farve, Steve McNair.

Let's go to Romo's best 2 years, 2014 and 2011. Romo had a better QBR and Passer Rating than anyone and threw further on average than 3 of 4 of his fellow top 5 QBs. Those QBs? Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, PRIME Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees. All surefire Hall of Famers, and possibly the 4 best ever I might add. In 2011, same top 5 prescence among 3 of the same names, except EVEN MORE IN THEIR PRIME(Matt Stafford in the 5th spot due to Peyton being out with a broken frickin neck).

If Romo's prime was 10 years earlier, he'd have easily surpassed Warner's numbers. Oh, and might I add, he's basically had no help at WR. Arguably Miles Austin is the best guy he ever threw to unless you are putting a lot of weight on like...all 8 healthy games Dez Bryant had or are gonna say his real best receiver was Jason Witten, which probably helps prove my point. His passing stats aren't that far from(and also kind better than) Hall of Famers with similar career lengths. I'm not saying he's in, but I'm saying the conversation isn't as ridiculous as people are making it seem because he's Tony Romo.
Last edited by PJ. on Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:23 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I feel like TO was a better WR than Miles Austin. Hell, Patrick Crayton probably was too
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare

Return to “General Discussion”