AirBnBs vs hotels

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:22 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Well yeah, also I think about "sometimes I may want to get intimate with my spouse while on vacation and sharing a house with someone is hard to do"
green shirt thursdays
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:23 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 24, Katsuki wrote:That Sonoma property just showed up on an airBNB ad offsite...
YOU'RE BEING TRACKEEDDDDDD
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:23 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 25, xRECKONERx wrote:Well yeah, also I think about "sometimes I may want to get intimate with my spouse while on vacation and sharing a house with someone is hard to do"
Definitely a worthwhile consideration.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:25 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 24, Katsuki wrote:That Sonoma property just showed up on an airBNB ad offsite...
Which site?

I'm curious being remarketing and targeted ads is what I work on every day so I'm curious what ad network AirBnB uses :P
green shirt thursdays
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:26 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 23, zoraster wrote:Yeah it was. It looks like she's moved to just doing monthly rentals now though. And I think that'd be kind of weird because while a couple of days there was perfect, there was only a kettle and a coffee maker for food type things and you'd run into her a lot.
I'm curious who do monthly rentals. I don't think it happens a lot. Most people go on vacation for a week or so.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:27 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 29, KuroiXHF wrote:
In post 23, zoraster wrote:Yeah it was. It looks like she's moved to just doing monthly rentals now though. And I think that'd be kind of weird because while a couple of days there was perfect, there was only a kettle and a coffee maker for food type things and you'd run into her a lot.
I'm curious who do monthly rentals. I don't think it happens a lot. Most people go on vacation for a week or so.
I think other sites cater more to the week-month crowd than Airbnb really does, but it's not that unusual for someone to rent a house for a month during the summer or some such.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:28 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Monthly rentals are also really helpful when people are in transition between jobs or something. I know people who got a job on the other side of the country and had to be out there to start, but didn't have time to fly out beforehand to look at apartments. So they booked an AirBnB for a month while they get on their feet.
green shirt thursdays
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:29 am

Post by zoraster »

That's a good point. We were essentially put into a corporate version of that when we moved out to California. It kinda sucked but it was better than having to make decisions on where to live without it.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:30 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 30, zoraster wrote:
In post 29, KuroiXHF wrote:
I think other sites cater more to the week-month crowd than Airbnb really does, but it's not that unusual for someone to rent a house for a month during the summer or some such.
I hear that and I can understand it can work with kids or if you're a teacher and your job operates from September to June, but I don't understand how most jobs will let you take a month vacation.
In post 31, xRECKONERx wrote:Monthly rentals are also really helpful when people are in transition between jobs or something. I know people who got a job on the other side of the country and had to be out there to start, but didn't have time to fly out beforehand to look at apartments. So they booked an AirBnB for a month while they get on their feet.
OK. That sounds like something I can understand kind of well. I have a few friends who just up and go to different jobs. I have one who grew up in NY, moved to CA, then moved here and is now in PA.

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:35 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 33, KuroiXHF wrote:I hear that and I can understand it can work with kids or if you're a teacher and your job operates from September to June, but I don't understand how most jobs will let you take a month vacation.
Depends on what you're doing. Back when my wife was consulting, some of the partners basically would ship their families to a vacation house for a month or two and they'd fly in for a long weekend before flying back out to their clients.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:39 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 34, zoraster wrote:
In post 33, KuroiXHF wrote:I hear that and I can understand it can work with kids or if you're a teacher and your job operates from September to June, but I don't understand how most jobs will let you take a month vacation.
Depends on what you're doing. Back when my wife was consulting, some of the partners basically would ship their families to a vacation house for a month or two and they'd fly in for a long weekend before flying back out to their clients.
I meant a number of sectors, fields where it would be viable or worth it for places to do only monthly.

And I understand there are some where you can do it. I just think it's somewhat of a rarity.

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:43 am

Post by zoraster »

Overall it's probably a rarity, but there are enough people that it makes sense to offer it I guess. We could theoretically do it if that were our priority. Work from Napa or Monterrey or even Tahoe Friday and Monday, spend the weekend there, have my wife go into work Tue-Thur for meetings, do it over again. But that doesn't really appeal or seem like a good use of our time or money.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:59 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 26, zoraster wrote:
I know that you're pretty much tracked across the internet but jesus.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:00 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 28, xRECKONERx wrote:
Which site?

I'm curious being remarketing and targeted ads is what I work on every day so I'm curious what ad network AirBnB uses :P
I could tell you that pretty much all social media websites track you, including google. You leave footprints everywhere.

MS.net would probably be one of the places where they wouldn't see your footprint, which if so, you would know why.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:05 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 38, Katsuki wrote:
In post 28, xRECKONERx wrote:
Which site?

I could tell you that pretty much all social media websites track you, including google. You leave footprints everywhere.

MS.net would probably be one of the places where they wouldn't see your footprint, which if so, you would know why.
Well yes, I know ;) I am one of the people that sets up remarketing for people on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google, etc.

I'm curious which ad network AirBnB uses. Certain families of sites use certain networks, etc.

Anyway it's not really important, more of a curiosity about how a big player does their shit
green shirt thursdays
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:00 am

Post by zoraster »

In post 37, Katsuki wrote:
When I was looking at engaging rings online for my then-girlfriend years ago, every single ad I came across was for rings. For like... weeks.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:02 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

In post 40, zoraster wrote:
When I was looking at engaging rings online for my then-girlfriend years ago, every single ad I came across was for rings. For like... weeks.
You just typed the word rings.

Prepared to see diamond-everything in ads for the next month.

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:13 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 40, zoraster wrote:
lol that's rather amusing

Apparently the fact that I visited a singular page for a bnb in Sonoma is indicative that I'm looking to vaca in Sonoma!
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:20 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

That's basically how it works, yeah.

We have to guess intent based on which pages you visit.
green shirt thursdays
Stella Belle
Stella Belle
Watcher
Stella Belle
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:57 pm

Post by Stella Belle »

For me air bnb is preferable. Probably depends what country you are in, but my travel experience shows that it’s more trustworthy if compared to a 2 stars hotel f.e. I have traveled within Europe and stayed at Hostels and cheap hotels and find that there is always 50/50 percent of luck and disappointment :? . Air bnb is very transparent; you see what you get on Internet without any exaggeration and fake pics. Last holidays we spent in Spain and rented a great apartment at the same price we would have rented a 2 stars hotel room (there were 4 of us). As I see, for example Barcelona real estate market is very diverse and there is a big choice of places for short time rent, from modest apartments to luxurious villas on the cost. The same situation in most big travel destinations, not only European, but American, Asian etc.
So yeah, I prefer Air bnb: decent price, all clean, nobody bothers you, no tourists in the building :giggle:
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:32 am

Post by KuroiXHF »

I should also describe my experience in an Airbnb. So for all but one of the nights during my Utah trip, I spent one night in an Airbnb, and it was for the first night. It was wonderful. They were super respectful of our privacy, gave us little extras like muffins for breakfast, tea, coffee, apple juice, etc. The place was clean and it was a delight. It was cheaper and better than a hotel.

I did bump into the owner, but only because she was taking was finishing a walk around the neighborhood after we just parked our vehicle after visiting some local attractions.

Return to “General Discussion”