2018 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:48 am

Post by shaft.ed »

In post 998, PokerFace wrote:Eagles letting Foles free and not trying to shop him is interesting.
i think estimates of trade value vs. compensatory pick value were on par
and if they somehow got stuck with his contract, theyd have been in huge cap trouble
already are really
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Holy shit! It actually happened

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ll-beckham

I think we may have given up too much for it though. I liked Jabril Peppers. Our team has a lot of big egos on it now. Hope it pays off
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:16 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 998, PokerFace wrote:Eagles letting Foles free and not trying to shop him is interesting. Jags does strike me as Foles best suitor now.
Howie Roseman was actively shopping Foles all along, but he wasn't getting the Bradford-to-Minnesota offer so he stood pat. There just wasn't much of a market for Foles, and Jax was the logical destination all along.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:17 am

Post by PokerFace »

When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:38 am

Post by shaft.ed »

excited about DJax
not sure about O-line changes
no idea where the money is going to come from
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:26 am

Post by PJ. »

I'm bummed that we lost Earl Thomas. Without Earl Thomas we need an entirely new defensive scheme
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:42 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

In post 1004, shaft.ed wrote:excited about DJax
not sure about O-line changes
no idea where the money is going to come from
Me too. He's the deep threat that hasn't been there since he left.
Fans always worry about money around this time of year. Then Howie pulls off a few low-key moves and finds cap space from the nth dimension. Everything's fine.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1001, PokerFace wrote:Holy shit! It actually happened

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ll-beckham

I think we may have given up too much for it though. I liked Jabril Peppers. Our team has a lot of big egos on it now. Hope it pays off
Does this mean the Giants go after Muarry or that other QB, Hopkins?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:10 am

Post by PJ. »

Haskins. And I'd assume they will, but the major point of contention with obj was Eli I thought, so maybe not?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

I think the Giants have the worst QB situation in the entire league followed by CIN, MIA, and WAS pending on if Smith can come back in a couple years or not at all. TB and ARI have bad situations too, but at least their current option is still young so they have more potential to get good than the aforementioned teams.
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by GrandWazoo »

The Redskins are easily worse. Colt McCoy and Case Keenum - I can't think of a less inspiring QB duo. At least the Dolphins have Fitz, who is good for about half a season before dropping off a cliff.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:06 pm

Post by PJ. »

I think the Washington situation is fine cause they at least have a healthy qb on their roster that has had a good NFL season in the past 2 years. Keenum is a viable QB with a proper system that utilizes his strengths and minimizes his weaknesses. Foles is also in that boat. Dalton is fine and on a super team friendly contract.

The Giants and Dolphins simply don't. Tampa's option is not very good and sometimes molests uber drivers. So that's not good. Arizona is about to get rid of Rosen to draft kyler murray....which is ???. Also Cam Newton might miss all of 2019, so that puts Carolina right near the bottom of the qb situations list, at least for 2019.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:22 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Denver's pretty bad too
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:09 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

Keenum is a 31yo below-average QB whos had one good season in 8 years, and that was two teams ago. He was awful in Denver, which had better WRs than Washington. McCoy is only healthy because he ever plays. I haven't heard anything about Cam missing the whole season.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:21 am

Post by PJ. »

Keenum also had Jeff Fisher and Bill Musgrave design the offenses he ran aside from.the season. In Minnesota. Hence the comparison to Foles. A QB is only going to be as good as the system he is in except in rare instances. Alex Smith is another fine comparison. In a very well thought out and scripted offense, Smith is fucking awesome. In a shit show like Washington, he got smoked. Washington is going to suck because the coaches and owner suck not because keenum sucks.

I'd also put SF in the bad QB situation club, because their 2nd best QB might be making 137m dollars.

Source on cam: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source= ... 2799830366

Basically ownet saying they aren't rushing Cam Newton back and if he has to miss all of 2019 that's fine.
GrandWazoo
GrandWazoo
Goon
GrandWazoo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:59 am

Post by GrandWazoo »

I get the Foles comp - but Foles had success in spite of the system (2013) and because of it (2017). Keenum doesn't exactly suck, he just isn't going to add wins on his own. 2017 was an aberration in an otherwise forgettable career. Now his best receivers are 1st round bust Josh Doctson, boom-or-bust Paul Richardson and injury-waiting-to-happen Jordan Reed. I think Jay Gruden is a decent coach in a dumpster fire organization. Probably his last season and knows it.

Last I saw on Cam was optimistic that he'll participate in OTAs and TC. We'll see.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

Rosen's rookie year was not the best compared to some other rookies, but I don't think he looked so bad they need to replace him already. Rosen has potential to get better. Yes, he under performed, but I don't think its all his fault. I feel the cardinals would do better trading back and or spending a lot of picks to fix their offensive line. They have had the worst Oline in football two years straight. Their running game and passing game have suffered as a result. The Cards and their new coach must really love Murray, or they figure his height won't be issue when he's got no one blocking him
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I bet this is to A.) Light a fire under Rosen's ass and B.) try to trick folks into thinking they are taking Muarry.

I don't think Muarry's height is that big of an issue.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:01 pm

Post by PJ. »

I hope they take Murray and trade Rosen so he can play on a team that isn't a complete clown fiesta.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't think his height is a big deal. I just figured it would be a good joke. After all the oline would block his view if they were there to block the opponents too.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

In post 1015, GrandWazoo wrote:but Foles had success in spite of the system (2013) and because of it (2017).
umm
a bunch of Foles' 17 success was because they went back to the 13 gameplan
he dropped off after 13 because Chip Kelly got control of the 'talent' and then he was working under Jeff Fisher
Pederson was smart enough to realize he needed to change the offense to suit Foles and had the pieces to do it
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:00 pm

Post by PJ. »

I thought it was equal parts bad receivers and that defenses got used to some of Kelly's shenanigans. But I agree that Pedersen asking Foles what he was comfortable with and building around that is huge.

But yeah, in short, 85% of QBs are system quarterbacks so if your system sucks, your qb probably also sucks. The other 15% are split between guys who just suck and like...the 5 guys in the history of the NFL that are great regardless of system.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:08 am

Post by shaft.ed »

No, he shipped out the talent that was working because Chip only wanted players that would 100% buyin as if they were all college kids

This meant losing their receiving core for absolutely no compensation and getting rid of McCoy
To replace McCoy they brought in Demarco Murray to run to the outside on 1st and 2nd down over and over again. Because that is what he was good at

I mean Kelly didn't even want Foles. He paid Foles+ to bring in Sam Bradford for godsakes

And dont forget stepping on their dicks with their first round pick of one of the most talent rich draft classes of recent years. Nobody seems to remember that Marcus Smith pick because it was low in the first round, but its one of the worst 1st round selections in the history of the draft
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:52 am

Post by PJ. »

That can't be true.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:52 am

Post by PJ. »

The Marcus smith thing

Return to “General Discussion”