World Autism Awareness Day 2018

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:08 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

In post 24, Plotinus wrote:you know about yourself though. you know more about what it's like to be you than anybody else does.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:50 pm

Post by Espeonage »

One of my absolute favourite books has a major supporting character who is autistic and he is awesome and totally saves the day multiple times.

Hover Car Racer by Matthew Reilly
Don't @ me.
Harambey180
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Harambey180
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:44 am

Post by Harambey180 »

I could just wish for some people to think back to this before they made certain posts about me. That'll probably stay a wish and that disappoints me.
hi
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:27 am

Post by McMenno »

it's perfectly possible to be a member of this site as an autistic person, just need to not be an ass
mafiascum is on life support
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:53 am

Post by vizIIsto »

Hi guys. I think it's time for me to be open about it.

I'm Harambey.
This is an alt that I've been using for the past few months and I didn't do a lot with it, for example I restrained from playing mafia games with it.

Let me tell my story here.
So I remember how, back in the Harambey days, I felt like I wasn't very much appreciated by most people. I now know that was a mistake to think (also because thinking that would never get me to become a true part of the community) and I regret the things I used to say in the Lobby and in numerous threads.
I regret for example when I raged at mallowgeno in a Mish Mash game where, if I look back at it, it is 100% obvious that he was not being a bastard mod and I completely raged over it and had to take a 1 month penalty.
I regret for example when I raged in the Site Chat over small things with who are basically strangers to me, getting everybody against me because I acted like a d*ck.

I would like to say that I am convinced that I have changed as a person and I think that, for those that have been in touch with the new me, vizIIsto, could agree on that.
When I was feeling very bad and depressed about how things were faring when I was still Harambey, I can recall someone telling me to take a break for a few weeks, months, years, whatever I felt necessary and adequate to reconsider things and come back as a changed human being and try to reintegrate into the community with an alternate account, and then after a while open up about it. I made this account pretty much when they told me to, I can't remember who advised me to do this but I want to thank that person a lot because it has been an eye-opener.

The last few months were very tough for me irl because I struggled with all the things that adolescents in their puberty experience - starting to seriously contemplate their own life decisions they made or are ahead of them; falling in love with someone and feeling heartbroken when that love story ends (even though it never was a love story) - and in my case suffering from a deep depression and often-recurring panic attacks in the middle of lessons or right before an exam. It was tough, but I'd like to open up about it and talk with people here because I've learnt from other forums that I'm most likely to find people that suffer from the same things right here, on the internet, on forums about party games, video games, etc.
And I'd like to talk with you about it.

I hope we can get along better from this point on and I will do everything to try and not let the old Harambey that's still haunting me to this day, to come back and shout at you again. I'm going to look brightly into the future, a future together with you guys, and maybe some day when I've become better at my social skills and being self-assured and self-confident, to for example meet some of you. (you guys do organize meets every once in a while, right? Right?) And, who knows, maybe some online friendships.

I know this is a long message but I think it was about time to share it. :]
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:29 am

Post by Plotinus »

welcome back! I've seen you around in song contest mostly.

Adolescence is hard, it's a wonder any of us survived it to become adults. I hope things get better for you. you are right that a lot of people on online forums have gone through these kinds of things and can understand what you're going through.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:17 am

Post by Ircher »

Welcome back to the site!
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [In Signups: 8/9 ONE MORE!]

Return to “General Discussion”