Guaging interest in a meet in Lexington KY (Fall/Spring).

This forum is for discussion about anything else.

Pick a Month

Late September
33%
October
No votes
Late February
No votes
March
No votes
April
No votes
May
No votes
June
33%
NOOOOOOOO
33%

Total votes: 3

CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Guaging interest in a meet in Lexington KY (Fall/Spring).

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue May 15, 2018 4:13 am

Post by CooLDoG »

Hello scummers,

I'm going to be moving away from Nashville back to more familiar territory due to departmental "restructuring" (aka, people hopping ship and retiring from philosophy land). I'll be moving to
Lexington Kentucky USA
to continue corrupting the youth and to teach logic. With that said, I'll be having a greater disposable income (state school > private school for funding ?????) and a more stable living arrangement than where I am now. It's also been the case that traveling for me is harder than having people come to me and I want to meet you all before either you or I kick the fucking bucket, so I figured a good way to celebrate the move will be hosting a meet.... I also know the town already, so it's basically me moving back to home-ish.

1) The how.
So, I will have a small place (this is already figured out, no worries here), not big enough to host any meaningful number of people. I could maybe have a couple of people who are really cash-strapped sleep on the couch/floor, but it will not be enough to host primarily. Thus, we should AIR B&B. My thought is for those who are not dirt poor, we should all pay an equal share and primarily stay there. More details to come as the date of the meet comes closer.

Lexington is the second biggest "city" in Kentucky. There is an air port, busses, etc. Driving is also not to big of an issue. In essence you just take the relevant interstate and you hit L-town. You'll be on the hook for your transportation unless we really want to go full communist on this shit. The more cars we have, however, the better, because Lexington is not very bus/public transit friendly.

2) The what.
Depending on how my schedule turns out I'm thinking that we can do a good 4-day meet or less depending on how people feel / what you want to do. What would work best for me is Friday through Monday. There may be an issue of me having to go to class hungover at some point on Monday, but that's no issue, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. At any rate, we can figure out the details.

Bourbon Trail. Yes. Yes. Yes. we will want to do this. We MUST go to some distallaries, get the free samples and drink some liquor from the very place that it is made. I'd suggest going to see Woodford Reserve and Wild Turkey. Woodford is very old school, a lot of orginal buildings from pre-prohibition times from the 1830s... Wild Turkey, on the other hand, is a more modern industrial opperation which is a great counter point. Also, you do NOT have to be 21 to tour, just 21 to drink there.

Horse raising. We can, if you so desire, go and see some fucking horses run around a circle and bet on that shit if you want to. Lexington is the international hub of horse raising (in fact, going on the outsckirts of town you can see all of the "horse farms" where people board the majestic Thoroughbred) and racing. If you are interested in seeing this, then we ought to do this over a weekend where they have races. Getting into the derby is an option, yet it will be quite the expensive endeavor. If you all really want to we could, but it is up to you. Races are held in the
FALL
and
SPRING
, thus the meet should NOT be held in the winter.

Louisville outing. It so happens that the other major "city" in KY is very, very close to Lexington. Thus, we could go see the Lousivlle Slugger factory which is both magical and fantastic. Also we can do other things there if you so desire.

Bar crawls and stuff like that are also an option in Lexington. UK basketball is going to cost you a pretty fucking penny, so we can cross that off the list. And, of course, simply chilling on some beers and playing mafia are certainly in the cards.

3) People

Interested:

-----

More details will come as things materials and interest develops.
after a wank.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 9:24 am

Post by Iecerint »

Man, I wish me and Sapo were still there. Now we’re in the Bay.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Maruchan »

/interest
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!

Return to “General Discussion”