Video Mafia on Twitch

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Hugo Stiglitz
Hugo Stiglitz
Goon
Hugo Stiglitz
Goon
Goon

Video Mafia on Twitch

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:45 am

Post by Hugo Stiglitz »

hi all !
there is a group called liars club, and they are having a Video Mafia tournament (for moneys!) hosted on twitch.
it is too late to join the tournament but we will be streaming tonight at 8:50pm eastern american time.
its a really interesting format and i thought i would share a link here (admin if this is not ok feel free to delete this thread)

https://www.twitch.tv/liarsclub
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:46 am

Post by Awoo »

I personally think it is kind of a dumb setup.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:05 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

For those curious, the Mafiascum players in Liars Club are myself, Peg, LLD, and Elli.

Hungarian is specifically good as a spectator setup with time pressure. It does create more situations where a specific player isn't able to exert too much influence on the gamestate; they're choosing it because Hungarian spawns a HUGE variety of different gamestates that players can't always "solve" in the short time allotted to them. So it makes the league less competitive than something like Scumhunter's 8p, but at least the theory is that it's more watchable, and obviously the whole point of this is to try and get eyeballs.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop

Return to “General Discussion”