Do you like Elves or Dwarves more (Or other race)[17/17]

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Oso
Goon

Pronoun: He

Post Post #25  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:20 am

Raymond Feist's Brotherhood of the Dark Path or Dark Elves. Think of LotR Elves and consider these guys their (way) less refined and (way) less polite cousins.

Feist's World of Midkemia actually had 4 flavors of elves. The Mad Elves of his milieu run a close second.

[Add on edit]Whoops, just remembered once Novindus came into the stories in a big way, a fifth flavor was introduced.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.

Natirasha
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #26  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:48 am

i like harpies

Enter
for the homies

Post Post #27  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:50 am

In post 25, Oso wrote:Raymond Feist's Brotherhood of the Dark Path or Dark Elves. Think of LotR Elves and consider these guys their (way) less refined and (way) less polite cousins.

Feist's World of Midkemia actually had 4 flavors of elves. The Mad Elves of his milieu run a close second.

[Add on edit]Whoops, just remembered once Novindus came into the stories in a big way, a fifth flavor was introduced.

Hm. Alright. Which do you like more?

And why do you know SO MUCH?

Also I believe I read somewhere once that elves were based of the Jotund (from norse mythology). Is that true or is my brain making things up? Wait no that's frost giants. I think. Werent the elves based off something?

xofelf
Miss Mash

Pronoun: She

Post Post #28  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:52 am

In post 26, Natirasha wrote:i like harpies

Don't we all ;)
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Xof has a new place for you to ask her questions. Do it upppp
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697

McMenno
Man of Many Faces

Post Post #29  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:53 am

No
Show

Allomancer
Goon

Pronoun: It

Post Post #30  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:46 pm

/in for dragons
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—xofelf
"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—T-bone
"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—Creature

Oso
Goon

Post Post #31  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:56 pm

In post 27, Enter wrote:
In post 25, Oso wrote:Raymond Feist's Brotherhood of the Dark Path or Dark Elves. Think of LotR Elves and consider these guys their (way) less refined and (way) less polite cousins.

Hm. Alright. Which do you like more?

And why do you know SO MUCH?

Also I believe I read somewhere once that elves were based of the Jotund (from norse mythology). Is that true or is my brain making things up? Wait no that's frost giants. I think. Werent the elves based off something?

Of all the Fantasy series I've read, Feist's Medkimia is the one I have liked best. It is well constructed, has a believable government system, hell even the mythos is consistent. The Serpentwar Saga is more believable than the Riftwar Saga but I think that is more due to the fact that the main characters are two townie nobodies that make good than anything else.

I read Norse Mythology but not a lot of it took. I liked that there was basically one race (Elves) that split into so many directions because of circumstance. The less refined and more belligerent just appeal to me more me is all.
My Uncle always use'ta say, 'You can't get no blood from a turnip.' .... He'd say the same thing about gettin' it from a stone, too.
-
I never said nothin' back to him. You don't want mess with no freak that's searchin' around that hard for blood.

McMenno
Man of Many Faces

Post Post #32  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:55 pm

are you going to use this for a large theme
Show

Enter
for the homies

Post Post #33  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:56 pm

In post 32, McMenno wrote:are you going to use this for a large theme

Who, ME?!?

I would NEVER.

Yes

Natirasha
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #34  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:04 pm

In post 28, xofelf wrote:
In post 26, Natirasha wrote:i like harpies

Don't we all ;)

Wait til you read my harpy transformation erotica.

xofelf
Miss Mash

Post Post #35  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:12 pm

You know, it being you, I wouldn't be surprised if you actually have something which fits that description.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon

Natirasha
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #36  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:14 pm

I wasn't joking.

xofelf
Miss Mash

Post Post #37  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:15 pm

Oh how I've missed you <3

Natirasha
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #38  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:18 pm

oh shit we're not in the speakeasy

Annadog40
Waiting in the Sky

Post Post #39  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:39 am

Fairies. Or just something less human but agile and small.
Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.

Also all of my limbs fell off, I must of tripped oh no, hope I don't fall in a bowl of boiling water, then I would drown.

Previous
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion