What Spider-man was the best

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

What Spider-man was the best

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by Enter »

I really like Tobey McGuire's story, with the morals and everything. I feel like that's what makes spider-man great,

But the Andrew Garfield Spider-man was quick-witted and action packed, so that was a cool spider-man to watch, even if the movies were bad.

Homecoming... was a good movie, but I think my least favorite spider-man

The animated one was good all around, but it didn't really specialize
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:27 pm

Post by hiplop »

homecoming > spiderverse > spiderman 2 > amazing spiderman > spider-man > Spiderman3 > amazing spiderman 2
third best scummer of all time
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:34 pm

Post by Enter »

In post 1, hiplop wrote:homecoming > spiderverse > spiderman 2 > amazing spiderman > spider-man > Spiderman3 > amazing spiderman 2
I'm questioning your judgement on homecoming over spiderverse and amazing spiderman over spider-man.

explain yourself, scum
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:36 pm

Post by hiplop »

I'd b e okay with flipping homecoming/spiderverse

and ASM is pre similar in quality imo. Could also even them.

To me the tiers are

God/Really great movies: Homecoming/Spiderverse
Good movies - Spiderman 2
Okay Movies: ASM, Spiderman
Bad movies: Spiderman 3, ASM2
third best scummer of all time
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:37 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

homecoming > spiderverse > spiderman 2 > spider-man > amazing spiderman 2 > Spiderman3 > amazing spiderman
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:05 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1, hiplop wrote:homecoming > spiderverse > spiderman 2 > amazing spiderman > spider-man > Spiderman3 > amazing spiderman 2
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:20 am

Post by vonflare »

the best one was the one where spiderman becomes edgy spiderman and walks around with emo hair and funger guns
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:16 am

Post by Varsoon »

Spiderverse is one of the best animated films of all time and the best Spiderman film so far. It's an animated masterpiece with insanely tight and clever writing and, somehow, makes Miles interesting and fun to watch when I'm not a fan of him at all in most comic renditions.
I do like that Homecoming skipped doing an origin story and resolved to focus on different villains than the ones that have been in film so far--I think those were smart moves.

Tobey is probably my favorite Peter Parker as he's pretty on-the-face dorky and it feels like he's really taking on the mask to rise above or even slip out of that.
Garfield, however, is far too cool, attractive, etc. even if he's played as a bumbling and awkward teen. I think he's generally a better Spiderman than Tobey, though he doesn't feel quite as heroic for whatever reason.
Holland's in a weird place for me in that I think he's a better Parker than Garfield and a more interesting Spiderman than Tobey, but I wish he wasn't so wrapped up with Tony Stark, as it undermines his everyman status and a bit of his heroics. I think he has potential, though, and I'm interested to see what they do with him in the new movie.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:45 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Sam Raimi is a god, and anything he does is magic. Tobey’s Spider-Man movies are so comical, and it’s the guy who made the Evil Dead so it’s like golden. And all 3 of them share the same tone, and feel like the same movie, and I love it!

I feel like Homecoming is a good movie, but it’s just another MCU movie, which I love MCU, but it’s not even my favorite in the universe.

I like Andrew Garfield, but he’s too cool with too much sex appeal for the role, and the movies just aren’t very solid if you’re actually paying attention to it, which I don’t fault anyone for not while watching them.

P
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

Oh man I beefed it by not saying
Spiderman 2 on Ps2.

Anyway I heard the new one on PS4 was real good too.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Enter »

In post 8, Flavor Leaf wrote:Sam Raimi is a god, and anything he does is magic. Tobey’s Spider-Man movies are so comical, and it’s the guy who made the Evil Dead so it’s like golden. And all 3 of them share the same tone, and feel like the same movie, and I love it!

I feel like Homecoming is a good movie, but it’s just another MCU movie, which I love MCU, but it’s not even my favorite in the universe.

I like Andrew Garfield, but he’s too cool with too much sex appeal for the role, and the movies just aren’t very solid if you’re actually paying attention to it, which I don’t fault anyone for not while watching them.

P
I kinda agree on most parts. Andrew Garfield just... feels weird to me. His Peter Parker doesn't work for me at all. I love his Spiderman, though. I think something that I've seen from a lot of performers is they take on a whole new personality when they come on stage, but I don't know that any of the spider-men do this well. What do you think as a real actor?
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Enter »

What I'm getting at is that spider-man feels like an outlet for Peter Parker's confident side
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:06 am

Post by Varsoon »

I always took Spiderman to be Peter having a persona to slip into that allows him to avoid a lot of his other responsibilities, but it ends up being a responsibility of its own, something that Peter feels he must do. If anything, Peter is confident as Spiderman because it's the one pursuit of his that he feels he can do best. Spiderverse did an excellent job of expressing Spiderman as an individual thrust into a position of anonymous responsibility against tyranny, who continues to get up every time he's knocked down. Spiderman really is the quintessential Marvel hero for me--the disparity between his personal and hero life as well as how the two intermingle is a huge part of what drives the narrative. Most Marvel heroes are meant to appeal to us as people who have to deal with these power-fueled crisis just as much as their day to day lives, but Spiderman feels the most like an actual person more than an iconic hero removed from regular life.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Varsoon »

Aw man I beefed it again
Spiderman's a dude shoot web
\
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:14 am

Post by Enter »

That's what I like about spider-man and that's why homecoming is.. not very high on my personal list although a lot of other people like it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:17 am

Post by Varsoon »

Yeah, I feel like Homecoming missed a huge mark in that regard.
Would've been fine without Stark in it at all but guess they gotta craft that cinematic universe or whatever.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Majiffy »

90s animated tv venom spidey suit
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:28 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I haven't seen Tom what-his-face. So I can't judge, I find the Marvel Universe thing to be overblown, and most of the films to be mediocre. (To list the few I enjoyed - both guardians and Avengers. Also I didn't quite fall asleep through the first Thor so it rates "above average")

Tobey Maguire appeared in some shit Spiderman films. I mean the first film was crap, the third was still crap, but I enjoyed it more, and the second was good in so far as it was crap but Alfred Molina played my favourite spiderman villain so it automatically gets some points.

Andrew Garfield was a better spiderman, but who the fuck chooses the Lizard as the first villain. The Lizard is who you choose when there is absolutely no villain left and you are trying to squeeze money out of the franchise. Jamie Foxx as Electro was miscast. It was also terrible. Green Goblin, also, completely overused. Hobgoblin is more interesting. Like, you choose Willam Defoe as the Green Goblin, how do you beat that? You don't. Willam Defoe is your Ace of Spades. You can't beat that. You use Dane DeHaan, great, he's an alright actor, but he's not Willam Defoe. But why the fuck would you retread the Green Goblin route again.

Look, beyond Batman, Spiderman has the best rogues gallery. You have Doc Ock (a favourite of mine), hobgoblin, kingpin, mysterio, chameleon, rhino, electro, shocker, smythe, vulture, venom, carnage, some of the most iconic villains outside Batman and Magneto. Why would you choose to constantly go over Spidermans quite boring origin story and retread Green Goblin territory.

Anyway this aimless post was brought to you by drunk prozac, also superhero nerd prozac. So you can disregard it if you like.

Look, I want to enjoy a spiderman movie, but as with almost all movies, they insist on covering the origin story (including Batman, I am a DC man, and fuck me do I not give a shit about those pearls hitting the ground) it would be better if they just tell a good story with a good villain.

But to answer the question Garfield was the more suitable spiderman, but if you want a good spiderman (and Batman... and X Men for that matter) start at the requisite animated series from the early/mid 90's.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:52 pm

Post by Psyche »

spiderverse is the best spiderman movie imo, but maguire in spiderman 2 specifically is best "spiderman" per se
tom holland is promising and nice to look at but i don't know for sure what he's got
Look, I want to enjoy a spiderman movie, but as with almost all movies, they insist on covering the origin story
ysee, the tom holland one doesn't do that

Return to “General Discussion”