Song Contest 133 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:02 pm

Post by vizIIsto »

I'm afraid my streak will come to an end...
Ugh, I should've just picked a normal song.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:23 am

Post by Parama »

one thing you need to realize is that it's pointless to worry about the results of the songs contests because they're completely meaningless. just send music you like & don't worry too much how you place because half the contest is gonna hate whatever you send no matter what
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:43 am

Post by vizIIsto »

I am determined to one day submit a song that will be universally liked.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:28 am

Post by xyzzy »

a song that's universally liked is a lot less interesting than a song that a few people love
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by Parama »

Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:06 pm

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:
latvia: i dont like this. it feels threatening

brazil: i like the picture. feel vaguely like i've heard this before though it's unlikely. i like this! electric guitar is neat in a beatles sort of way. the vocal conveys to me in spite of the language barrier, really like the slurriness. doesn't wow me but fun the whole time.

liechtenstein: do i have to listen to this. i don't really like queen and william shatner does not really have an appeal to me. i watched 2 minutes of it. ok.

switzerland: this is like, a default song. about a kind of basic and ubiquitous video game character, mario. the fact that it's like, in the persuasive, is kind of off putting to me. kind of fun i guess?

sweden: the translated lyrics are like, exactly what i expected. i really need language to describe this sort of thing because i see it a lot, like the word "epic" but with neutral/slightly negative connotation. its like evanescence without the overbearing electric guitar (but it still has a bit of it). i liked that they resolved the suspension in like upper piano notes at about 1:55. its like, fine. kind of good.

libya: its like evanescence but a boy singer that i am neutral about. there's like moments that i like - they accidentally make nice sentimental 5-second instants to like try to build up to the bweowww angryyyy parts. i kind of like this more than i should but i still don't really. my own fathers name what ?? lol

usa: here goes nothing. i will annoyingly say that they should speak with a balancey person, it sounds like the vocal is coming from behind me and its kinda funky. the drums feel kinda random. i uh don't really like this sorry. oh man i did my sort of "i'm done with this" pause right as it was doing the transition to metal at abt 2 minutes

norway: ohhhh man i guess they do still make music like this. frenchcore ???? what ? the melody thing is uh fine. the video feels like it's trying to convince me the song is good. there's like a weird snare hit type sound that sounds like they're smacking a water bottle

bolivia: it says nudes bc thats the name of the album

poland: ylvis, oh man. thats like a middle school name for me i think. took me a while to figure out what the joke was - i was like "is he just doing a regular one?" but no. this is fine

hungary: um, i like this sort of a lot. this sounds like one of those songs with upbeat music but the lyrics are super sad but uh i don't speak slovenian. really nice, unpretentious. samples at the end were very fun.

egypt: i get the faintest feeling that this was submitted in my direction. it does not help me to see what they look like. it looks like the guitarist is pretending to do vibrato. i know that i said this is the one i sort of liked but i may as well have never heard it before

macau: i like that picture. yeah, this is probably one i end up listening all the way but let me use the restroom first. ok back. if nothing else im incredibly sold by the video. this owns. its like a really good chickadee song thats spanish language. macau seems to almost be chickadee. thanks for this one. god im so pissed sza didnt even get the blue color in the spreadsheet

portugal: this singer is kind of like
mom: "we have bjork at home" / bjork at home:
. it sounds like a particularly high energy indie rock song i guess. it's good i guess. ahh they do the thing where they open the hi-hat to anticipate the next measure ok you got me there.

sealand: the singer kind of sounds like eddie vedder. this is fine

macedonia: the thing that happens at the 10 second mark where its like "nope this is actually Maximalist Folk" is kind of a snore. the verse is more subtle and quiet but i dont trust it. i know you guys have that whole orchestra still hiding there. agghhh and some of the banjo/guitar is good too. ruined by the 2/4 "Woah Oh Oh I Feel It" thing that every boypop song i hate does. tragic

costa rica: i like the 2:33 mark of the video

iceland: oooh this seems pretty cool, the drum seems- aahh the vocalist ghghh. boop beep boop beep phone dialing noise "yes hello? epitaph records? cool name by the way. is there any way you guys could balance the vocalist in "la dispute" lower? yes i know it's already pretty- no please don't hang-
gugh
." this song is, oh, fine! sure. like the brass part.

bhutan: the fact that bhutan ascends near the top of my ranking by submitting good music that i like feels like cheating. it's cheating, he's cheating!!! i swear. god this owns fuck you

japan: sounds like a regular edm/pop song. sure! feel like i might hear this at a Function.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:14 pm

Post by Plotinus »

I found an english translation for you: https://lyricstranslate.com/en/minimali ... ism.html-0
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
Aurathebirb
Aurathebirb
Townie
Aurathebirb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:51 am

Post by Aurathebirb »

Wow I finally listened to all of these

Spoiler:
(3.5/10) Latvia - NF: The backing music's okay I guess, I can't say I appreciate his rapping though. Not huge on rap in general but I do like a few. Not this guy though.

(6.5/10) Brazil - Os Mutantes - I listened once, thought it was alright, and did end up coming back to it. It's got sort of a gritty production quality that I like. Nice percussion. Tempted to explore more.

(2.5/10) Liechtenstein - William Shatner: Yep, its a William Shatner cover. Pretty much what I expected, and not his best. His cover of Rocket Man is life though

(4/10) Switzerland - Jump Up Super Star! - It's meh. Too clean for swing. I haven't played the game so idk if that would affect my opinion.

(3/10) Sweden - Suvi Tersniska - Seems like a pretty generic rock ballad? It's okay.

(2/10) Libya - Emery - This is like from a subgenre of rock that I really don't like. Like... Foo Fighters and stuff type. Pass

(1/10) USA - Wired For Havoc - It was kinda bland and then there was screaming and I noped

(1.5/10) Norway - Spectralizers - I can't say whether this is good EDM or not, really not my thing. Doesn't seem interesting to me. Maybe you need to blast it really loud for it to work

(3/10) Bolivia - Lucius - Prefer the original. It's okay. Seems like most acoustic covers. That vinyl disk is pretty cool though

(4.5/10) Poland - Ylvis - Relatable lyrics! But a bit overproduced for my actual music taste. I wish I could spin a pen ;-;

(5/10) Hungary - Letu Stuke - It's pretty chill. Dunno if I would come back to it but it was nice enough for a few minutes. Weird sampling choices though.

(5.5/10) Egypt - Car Seat Headrest - I guess this is pretty good. Is it 8 minute long song good though? Probably not. I think I only got about half of the words which isn't always a bad thing but I didn't really enjoy the vocals too much.

(6.5/10) Macau - The Marias - Yeah this is pretty nice. Good chilling music. Also this band is very aesthetic.

(5/10) Portugal - Olympia - Pretty good I guess? A catchy pop tune maybe?

(4/10) Sealand - K's choice - Not really memorable

(4.5/10) Macedonia - The Oh Hellos - It's one of those indie bands that says "oh" a lot. There's a lot of those. I guess it's pretty okay. Feels like this should be in one of those inspirational dog movies

(7/10) Iceland - La Dispute - Ye this is a good sound. I don't especially like the vocals, too emo at points. But the music is very solid and has a good progression all things that are good for birbs, winner so far.

(8/10) Bhutan - Kaytranda - Nvm this is it. Good stuff. Feels danceable and cool.

(2/10) Japan - Stray Kids - Not sure if this is kpop or jpop. Couldn't finish, generally dislike both. Too corporate-y. Bleh
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:45 am

Post by Errantparabola »

In post 80, schadd_ wrote:egypt: i get the faintest feeling that this was submitted in my direction. it does not help me to see what they look like. it looks like the guitarist is pretending to do vibrato. i know that i said this is the one i sort of liked but i may as well have never heard it before
oh goodness im so embarassed -- i totally forgot that you were doing the song contest now!! please do not take it the wrong way :oops: :oops: :oops:
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:32 am

Post by PJ. »

Bad acting
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:52 am

Post by Errantparabola »

I'M BEING CHEEKY
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:15 pm

Post by Plotinus »

the soundcloud link doesn't work for me, i can't figure out how to get it to play

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:17 pm

Post by Plotinus »

Found one on youtube, but it's restricted in a lot of countries https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr14joUj2ks

Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by Plotinus »

I managed to vote!

pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:31 am

Post by pickemgenius »

In post 86, Plotinus wrote:the soundcloud link doesn't work for me, i can't figure out how to get it to play
if youre on firefox you might not have soundcloud as a site that allows autoplay. have no idea why it wouldnt autoplay otherwise since its formatted to be a direct autoplay link.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 11:36 am

Post by Plotinus »

yeah, firefox, so that's probably it. i tried clicking on it to make it go and it didn't, but it's okay, the youtube link was ok.

notachipmunk
notachipmunk
she
Goon
notachipmunk
she
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:47 pm

Post by notachipmunk »

I remembered to vote in a timely manner!

Non-useful stuff:

Bhutan - I was going to give this 3rd place but I just listened to it 4 times in a row so I changed it to 1st
Poland - omg there is another brother and this is from 5 years ago and I never heard this, I like this
Norway - this is pleasant to listen to
Bolivia - I forgot I was listening to this but it was really nice to have in the background
Portugal - has a cool vibe
Iceland - I like this as background music
Sealand - I know I'm getting old b/c I suddenly recently felt like 90's music sounds dated to me, still like it somewhat
Sweden - this was alright
US - alright
Libya - this was also alright
Latvia - not for me I guess, but it seems like decent rap
Egypt - can't really get into it
Hungary - not a fan of his voice
Switzerland - no like
Costa Rica - unpleasant-ish
Macedonia - puts me in a weird place
Macau - something about this that I just don't like, it puts me in a bad mood, kinda random
Brazil - Sounds like music I would hear on a commercial for something
Liechtenstein - I can't give this points because it is William Shatner singing Bohemian Rhapsody
Song Contest
Song Contest
Townie
Song Contest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by Song Contest »

Reminder: Voting deadline is tonight!
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:58 pm

Post by Parama »

i am now legally allowed to rabble
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:04 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Would you say you were a... rabble rouser?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:21 pm

Post by vizIIsto »

The rabble king is back!
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:46 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Viz I keep reading your name and all I ever picture is Niinistö, the president of Finland.

Spoiler:
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:28 am

Post by PJ. »

I'm giving car seat headrest points oh lord
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:30 am

Post by PJ. »

Also I super appreciate how many people just pick the band's most popular song on spotify
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:45 am

Post by PJ. »

Also, to whoever is submitting "white dudes that still rap like eminem"...I really do not like you.

Return to “General Discussion”