A word on President Bush... a few...

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

A word on President Bush... a few...

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:50 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

from your President!!!
Election time again..... just so you know:
*I attacked and took over 2 countries.
*I spent the U.S. surplus and bankrupted the US Treasury.
*I shattered the record for the biggest annual deficit in history (not easy!).
*I set an economic record for the most personal bankruptcies filed in any 12 month period.
*I set all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the stock market.
*I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
*In my first year in office I set the all-time record for most days on vacation by any president in US history (tough to beat my dad's, but I did).
*After taking the entire month of August off for vacation, I presided over the worst security failure in US history.
*I set the record for most campaign fund raising trips by any president in US history.
*In my first two years in office over 2 million Americans lost their jobs.
*I cut unemployment benefits for more out-of-work Americans than any other president in US history.
*I set the all-time record for most real estate foreclosures in a 12-month period.
*I appointed more convicted criminals to administration positions than any president in US history.
*I set the record for the fewest press conferences of any president, since the advent of TV.
*I signed more laws and executive orders amending the Constitution than any other US president in history.
*I presided over the biggest energy crises in US history and refused to intervene when corruption was revealed.
*I cut health care benefits for war veterans.
*I set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously take to the streets to protest me (15 million people), shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.
*I dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.
*I've made my presidency the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history.
*Members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history. (The poorest multimillionaire, Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.)
*I am the first president in US history to have all 50 states of the Union simultaneously struggle against bankruptcy.
*I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud in any market in any country in the history of the world.
*I am the first president in US history to order a US attack AND military occupation of a sovereign nation, and I did so against the will of the United Nations and the vast majority of the international community.
*I have created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States, called the "Bureau of Homeland Security"(only one letter away from BS).
*I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any other president in US history (Ronnie was tough to beat, but I did it!!).
*I am the first president in US history to compel the United Nations remove the US from the Human Rights Commission.
*I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the Elections Monitoring Board.
*I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.
*I rendered the entire United Nations irrelevant. I withdrew from the World Court of Law.
*I refused to allow inspectors access to the war and by default no longer abide by the Geneva Conventions.
*I am the first president in US history to refuse United Nations election inspectors access during the 2002 US elections.
*I am the all-time US (and world) record holder for most corporate campaign donations.
*The biggest lifetime contributor to my campaign, who is also one of my best friends, presided over one of the largest corporate bankruptcy frauds in world history (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation).
*I spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.
*I am the first president to run and hide when the US came under attack (and then lied, saying the enemy had the code to Air Force 1)
*I am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government.
*I took the world's sympathy for the US after 9/11, and in less than a year made the US the most resented country in the world (possibly the biggest diplomatic failure in US and world history).
*I am the first US president in history to have a majority of the people of Europe (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and stability.
*I changed US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.
*I set the all-time record for the number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling their huge investments in corporations bidding for gov't contracts.
*I have removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.
*I entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.
*RECORDS AND REFERENCES: I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine (Texas driving record has been erased and is not available).
*I was AWOL from the National Guard and deserted the military during time of war.
*I refuse to take a drug test or even answer any questions about drug use. (wink,wink)
*All records of my tenure as governor of Texas have been spirited away to my fathers library, sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
*All records of any SEC investigations into my insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
*All minutes of meetings of any public corporation for which I served on the board are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.
*Any records or minutes from meetings I (or my VP) attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.
With Love,
GEORGE W. BUSH
The White House, Washington, DC
>>Note: this information should be useful to voters in the 2004 election. Circulate to as many citizens you think would be helped to be reminded about this splendid record.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
PopsicleStix
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:05 pm

Post by PopsicleStix »

http://www.thesmirkingchimp.com/

I wonder what would have happened if Gore was in house...

I agree with that entire list, sadly I live in a Republican state...
Women Respect a man who can wash himself.
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:34 pm

Post by blackhawk »

TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:54 pm

Post by TBuG »

You forgot one:
*I suck

:)

I hate Bush. "I didn't mean to start a nucular war!"
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:02 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

... stock market crash? oh. ok.
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:53 pm

Post by rite »

PBuG wrote:You forgot one:
*I suck

:)

I hate Bush. "I didn't mean to start a nucular war!"
Did I miss something? When did we go nuclear?
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:04 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

... where is the source for this just do i know who to point out all of the errors to.
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:15 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

i know that at lwast 10 of those are completely and utterly untrue and I have almost ni idea whats going on with politics. and more then half of those have absolutely nothing to do with a reason not to vote for bush.... who cares if he has a rich cabinet.. honestly. I'm not really pro bush, but im anti the anti bush people who just spread anti bush propaganda like an annoying ass hell virus.[/rant]
-Werebear
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:28 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Listen Ben I'm a teenager so I'll put it in teenage terms... Bush sucks ASS...So does Kerry...Kerry sucks less ASS... as did Bush to Gore!!!
Scalebane
Scalebane
Goon
Scalebane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:31 pm

Post by Scalebane »

What the heck is this, YK?

So essentially, you aren't even providing reasons to not vote him? you are simply saying "Bush sucks ASS" without any sort of general support.

And in the realm of the economy, I would simply like some links provided to statements by noted or well respected or simply well qualified modern economists that says that the economy is drastically failing or that there is a poor economic outlook for the future.
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:43 am

Post by bigbenwd »

ehrn infact, he set a record for highest percentage rise in GDP.
-Werebear
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:47 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

I've always been against the Mad Cowboy.............
Malaprop
Malaprop
Goon
Malaprop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 4:19 am

Post by Malaprop »

http://www.musicforamerica.org/misc/med ... shjoke.mov

The GDP is a joke... every time a cancer patient is diagnosed, the GDP goes up because they'll need drugs and treatment. Every time a car crashes, the GDP goes up because people will have to pay for repairs, new cars, insurance, hospital stays, and funerals. Every time someone vandalizes or destroys property, the GDP goes up because it has to be fixed or replaced. Every time anoter species goes extinct because it hasn't anywhere to live, the GDP goes up because there's another few trees or crops harvested.

As for the list -- yeah, bigbenwd, it's obviously slanted. There's a few I'd say are misleading, though I don't see significant errors. As for who made it -- got me. I've seen this "resume" floating around for at least a year or so (which, yes, means it's missing some of the latest fun and games).
[size=84]gim sumun.bi shà-thir-ma u ba-rì[/size]
Gaspode'sTooLazyToLogin
Gaspode'sTooLazyToLogin
Gaspode'sTooLazyToLogin

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:27 am

Post by Gaspode'sTooLazyToLogin »

As for the list -- yeah, bigbenwd, it's obviously slanted. There's a few I'd say are misleading, though I don't see significant errors.
Slanted is an understatement. I'm fairly liberal, and out of 50+ items in the list, I can acknowledge less than five of them as legitimate statements. For example, the president doesn't have nearly as much influence on the economy as we like to think, and this latest "recession" is barely a hiccup in the US' economic history (I'm not even sure it can be considered a real recession.) I'll agree that he's corrupt, but so are all politicians. Look at Kerry, he was part of a group that considered assassinating high-ranking members of the US government!

But enough nit-picking, it's an amusing list, and I agree Bush stinks. It's really a matter of who stinks worse, and I don't think there's a good answer to that question.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:39 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Popsiclestix wrote: I agree with that entire list, sadly I live in a Republican state...
That makes it just the more important to get out and vote against Bush!
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 9:42 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

the president doesn't have nearly as much influence on the economy as we like to think
His actions do.
Foolster41
Foolster41
Auther
Foolster41
Auther
Auther

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:38 am

Post by Foolster41 »

Man, I'm tied of hearing so much putting down of president bush.
A lot these items have no sort of proof behind it.
*I am the first US president to establish a secret shadow government.
More than a little paranoid, aren't we?
*I am the first president in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
I believe that was Timothy Mcvay, murderer of thousands in kanses city.
Would YOU to give him the chance of escaping and doing it again?
*I have removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any other president in US history.
Awful vauge. How did he do that?
[/url]
Winner of the "if real life was like mafia" thread. :D
**May be going on permanent Limited Access as soon as April 1st. :(**
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 11:54 am

Post by KingPin »

Foolster,
Not that I am nitpicking, but McVeigh did kill over a hundred people in Oklahoma City. He was also imprisoned in Indiana in a maximum security federal prison. When was the last time anyone escaped to from such prison?

I have removed more freedoms and civil libertyes for Americans - I would point to the Atorney General and the Patriot act. Not that these are so horrible to citizens because the bill has a limited time limit which requires additional consideration by Congress next year.

Shadow government... I actually agree with this one. Simply becuase we, the nation, need leadership in the event of an emergency.

but that is just my opinion... not that it means much
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:08 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

my opinion: i dont really care whos president as long as America dosent start getting bombed by the world, or the constituion is burned and an evil dictator takes over.
-Werebear
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:58 pm

Post by blackhawk »

Dragon Slayer wrote:
Popsiclestix wrote: I agree with that entire list, sadly I live in a Republican state...
That makes it just the more important to get out and vote against Bush!
hes only 14, he cant vote just yet

also, 7 men escaped from a maximum security state prison in Texas about 4-5 years ago and didnt get caught for several months it wasnt a federal prison i think but c'mon 7 people, this was during bush's governorship
Malaprop
Malaprop
Goon
Malaprop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:02 pm

Post by Malaprop »

The "secret shadow government" is not paranoia, here's a nice Washington Post article titled "Congress Not Advised of Shadow Government". The problem with Bush's shadow government is that it ignores the military chain of command and the Constitutional procedure already in place (noting the 20th and 25th Amendments).

McVeigh was indeed the first federal prisoner put to death in 38 years. How one takes that item depends on their stance on the death penalty, and I'm not going to get into that matter of opinion. As for escapees from American maximum security prisons, I can't see that any have. There's a few that escaped from state prisons or while being transported, but I'm not immediately finding any breakouts. Ask the Bureau of Prisons, they're very responsive to inquries; this morning I just got back info from them with a one-day turnaround.

As for the freedoms and civil liberties line, it's referring mostly to the PATRIOT Act, which restricts (probably unconstitutionally) rights enumerated by the 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 14th Amendments, just for starters.
[size=84]gim sumun.bi shà-thir-ma u ba-rì[/size]
Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:10 pm

Post by Argoti »

Ever hear of a little thing called The Great Depression?
*I entered office with the strongest economy in US history and in less than two years turned every single economic category heading straight down.
Again, Great Depression. And most of this is left over from Clinton's administration.

Unfortunately for me, I turn 18 um... one week after Election Day. Well, I don't know who I'd vote for anyway.
The End is near? Meh.
PopsicleStix
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:17 pm

Post by PopsicleStix »

*I said that we would find Osama Bin Laden in a year and said it was not our top priority after only one month of searching...

ass hole
blackhawk
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
blackhawk
Hercule Paranoid
Hercule Paranoid

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:27 pm

Post by blackhawk »

It wasnt our top priority cuz he had cancer and was going to die soon if he kept hiding, so he became our lesser major priority
PopsicleStix
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:05 pm

Post by PopsicleStix »

so... He still gave up looking when he said "...I will not rest until Osama Bin Laden is found and brought to justise..." and sure enough he lied and stopped looking...

and then lied about the whole "wepons of mass distruction" in Iraq...

Return to “General Discussion”