Chain Story - A Cooperative Story

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Chain Story - A Cooperative Story

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:40 pm

Post by vizIIsto »

Hey guys! I'd like to talk about something.

Having recently joined the amazing group of enthusiastic writers in the Fiction Rumble story writing competition, I wanted to try and see if there is also enough interest in writing a collaborative story. A chain story!

Maybe it's familiar to some of you, I don't know, but I'll explain it anyways.
I'm on this site called quibblo. You can make your own quizzes (personality quizzes, knowledge quizzes, surveys, etc.) and write your own stories. It's super convenient! Besides being able to write your own authentic story, there is also the option to write a chain story: you write the first chapter of a story, and then you pass it on to another person who writes the next part of that story, and so on! I haven't tried it yet, but from the stories I've read on quibblo, it looks like it is a lot of fun to participate in!
Now, I know that we already have Fiction Rumble, and people write stories there in the spare time that they can find, and maybe that's enough for them, but I still wanted to see if there is curiosity to start writing a story. I haven't decided what topic it'll be, nor how many chapters there will be or how long the chapters can be at most. In fact, if you want to start writing a first chapter, fire away! I'm always in the mood to write a second!

If we're going to start it, maybe there should be a few moral rules. Things like:
When someone has written a second chapter after the first one has been written, don't try to write another second chapter. Whichever chapter comes first, will be the chapter you'll have to build on from. Unless I decide it's too bad of a story, but I don't expect that to happen seeing how everybody is writing their Fiction Rumble stories.
Or:
Don't try to make your chapters too long or too short. Something between 1000 to 3000 words like in Fiction Rumble seems just right for a chapter.
Or:
Please leave enough opportunities for writers of future chapters to add their own flavour to the story. Don't try to mention the names of too many characters, or have too many details about a certain character.
In the end, these are all moral rules, and it's up to you what you write and up to others what they think of it.

Let's see how far our story goes! Please say /in to let me know you're interested in this, and start writing the first chapter of a story if you feel like doing it. The first chapter should set the tone for the rest of the story, so give it your best! :D
animorpherv1
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
animorpherv1
Honey Trap
Honey Trap

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:26 am

Post by animorpherv1 »

This feels like it belongs in Mish Mash.
"Animorpherv1's posts are so powerful that prolonged exposure may cause vertigo, nausea, acute tinnitus, and in rare cases, death." - vonflare

"Ani is right 100% of the time" - Alisae
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 5:37 am

Post by vizIIsto »

In my defense, so does Fiction Rumble. But okay, point taken.
vizIIsto
vizIIsto
Townie
vizIIsto
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by vizIIsto »

If anybody wants to read an example of a chain story, then click these three words!
I have to be honest and say that this was the only 'decent' chain story on that site, and all the chapters are hella short. But okay!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:18 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1, animorpherv1 wrote:This feels like it belongs in Mish Mash.
You're wrong
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?

Return to “General Discussion”