Formerfish's Advice Column

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:32 am

Post by PJ. »

It's very much like..not star wars. All you need is general star wars knowledge. The kog is bad. We're post kog.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:33 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Dear FF: any tips for being less sensitive? Asking . . . for a
different
friend. :P

Spoiler:
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:00 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 101, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Dear FF: any tips for being less sensitive? Asking . . . for a
different

Spoiler:
I don't think there is a way to be less sensitive, because you can't control the way you feel on that level. Things that make you bristle are always going to have the affect on you, what you can work on is how long you let it linger and how strongly it hits.

My daughter is 6 and has no filter. She doesn't say things to be mean, she just says things because in her mind and eyes they are true. Sometimes she will say things to my ex that hurts her feelings, and that's when I try to remind my ex that at 6 she doesn't understand why the things she said hurt, so we talked to her.

I think for me it comes down to a couple things:

1. Who is saying the thing? If they are someone who matters to me then I feel like I can speak with them about the issue. If they don't matter to me then their words hold the same weight.

2. Are they telling a hard truth? Sometimes we push back against someone being too honest with us. My daughter ran up to me the other day and shook my stomach and made a comment about how it jiggles now. That reinforced something I'd already noticed and I'm going to drink less soda as a way to combat it.

3. Why is this being said? Some people are just assholes and will say shit just to piss people off. I try to look at the motivation behind the statement to figure out how much stock to put into it.

Changing the way we react on a base level is difficult, but recognizing the signs that you are reacting that way and heading it off at the pass is something that you can do with practice. It takes knowing yourself well and being able to set aside the initial anger or outrage you feel and taking a second to examine the situation in it's entirety.

And if that fails, smoke some pot.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:14 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 102, Formerfish wrote:
In post 101, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Dear FF: any tips for being less sensitive? Asking . . . for a
different

Spoiler:
I don't think there is a way to be less sensitive, because you can't control the way you feel on that level. Things that make you bristle are always going to have the affect on you, what you can work on is how long you let it linger and how strongly it hits.

My daughter is 6 and has no filter. She doesn't say things to be mean, she just says things because in her mind and eyes they are true. Sometimes she will say things to my ex that hurts her feelings, and that's when I try to remind my ex that at 6 she doesn't understand why the things she said hurt, so we talked to her.

I think for me it comes down to a couple things:

1. Who is saying the thing? If they are someone who matters to me then I feel like I can speak with them about the issue. If they don't matter to me then their words hold the same weight.

2. Are they telling a hard truth? Sometimes we push back against someone being too honest with us. My daughter ran up to me the other day and shook my stomach and made a comment about how it jiggles now. That reinforced something I'd already noticed and I'm going to drink less soda as a way to combat it.

3. Why is this being said? Some people are just assholes and will say shit just to piss people off. I try to look at the motivation behind the statement to figure out how much stock to put into it.

Changing the way we react on a base level is difficult, but recognizing the signs that you are reacting that way and heading it off at the pass is something that you can do with practice. It takes knowing yourself well and being able to set aside the initial anger or outrage you feel and taking a second to examine the situation in it's entirety.

And if that fails, smoke some pot.
:lol:

I used to be the biggest doormat on the planet and allowed everyone to steamroll over me, which wound up having disastrous consequences for me. I mean my “friend”. :P
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 85, Formerfish wrote:Working on you James. I found what I'd hoped to in a search, Aldi is your best bet for cheap food. They do a few things to cut down on cost. 1. Their carts require a quarter to be used. This makes sure that people bring the carts back, and no one has to go outside to get them all the time. 2. Almost all of the products are generic. 3. You pack your own bags, and they don't offer any for you, so bring your own.

All of those savings are passed along to you. I walk into my normal grocery store and will buy 25 items and spend $100. At Aldi you fill a cart, spend $80 and walk out feeling like a king.

I'll get to some basics to master and will help a bit with your menu building.
They actually do sell bags, and if you don’t care about quality you can get them for dirt cheap. Iirc the cheapest is like 17 cents
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:30 am

Post by Formerfish »

Yes, they sell bags, but if someone is concerned about prices and how much they'll spend even the extra buck or two in bags might be a daunting expense.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
James Brafin
James Brafin
Goon
James Brafin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:11 pm

Post by James Brafin »

I have a single reusable bag and hoping to get some more from my mom during break. My school is big on environmental protection.
A new R2D game is in signups! Running Alpha v1.3 Link here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=80343
Get to know a handsome potato: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=76837
Making the world more educated, one uneducated person at a time.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:15 pm

Post by bugspray »

what are your favorite smoothie/milkshake recipies
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jan 23, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 107, bugspray wrote:what are your favorite smoothie/milkshake recipies
I'm a pretty basic bitch when it comes to smoothies. Give me some berries, milk, ice, some fruit juice, maybe some protein powder or some ground flax seed.

I just got a ninja so I'm looking to branch out.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:29 am

Post by bugspray »

yeah what abut milkshake
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Milkshakes are easy. Milk, ice cream and thats it. Get a few good scoops, fill halfway up the ice cream with milk and blend until it has the consistency you like. If its too thick add a little more milk.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:39 am

Post by bugspray »

yeah but what about like adding cookies and stuff to enhance the flavour
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:39 am

Post by bugspray »

what blender settings give the best crucned up oreos/thin mints?? should i try adding chocolate chips??
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:14 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 112, bugspray wrote:what blender settings give the best crucned up oreos/thin mints?? should i try adding chocolate chips??
What blender settings do you have? You probably want something that will grind up the cookies without turning them into a fine dust. I prefer eating "cookies and cream" that is chunky.

Return to “General Discussion”